THE US GOVERNMENT HAS SHUT DOWN

https://twitter.com/NASAVoyager2/status/384887422477430784

The Republicans are really that desperate to repeal Obamacare? Shame on them. I don't what they have against having wider span of access to healthcare. They're just afraid to share, and they hide it behind this excuse, "Oh, then people are gonna abuse the system and it discourages people from finding jobs". What BS.

Oh God, my father went on 2 hour long rant on that yesterday. After about 30 seconds, I just wanted him to shut up. Then went on to tell me that I waste my life on anime, which he pronounced uh-ne-moo, and I laughed at him for that.

It works in the UK, sure some people do defraud the system, but for the most part it works

DragonFreak, I'd probably do the same thing with my mom, talking about the Republicans and their desperate attempts and their twisted minds. It's a whole different world in their heads; they think it's clear that people don't want Obamacare while in reality, it's more divided. I don't know how the heck their mind got so warped like that.

When the U.S. has a sizeable amount of people that don't believe in evolution and global warming, and a lot of them have political power (a good deal of them are Republicans), I don't regard my home country highly. I'm ashamed to be American sometimes.

Yeah, so I'll be less worried if the person next door is carrying an assault rifle and says it's for this so-called "self-defense". hyperbole.

Does the UK government ever get involved in gridlock. What's happening right now is gridlock in the crummy U.S. of A.

I can't wait what they have to say.

does this mean the usa has no more rules
im going to take over the country now

Nobody's said a thing in my region.

NationStates General? Yeah, I usually don't go on the forums. I like to focus on the game.

I talked to my Social Science teacher in class and asked what was going on.

I think I have a fairly reasonable understanding of what is going on. Not sure how to feel, because the US Gov has not "Shut down", but simply having House vs. Senate (aka Democrats vs. Republicans in a more specific aspect) arguing at this point. Right now, it isn't really at the point of being shut down, and I know that Obama and many high end Wall Street people talked about it today.

Now, it could get to be like something that happened in the 1995-1996 fiscal year, but it is not at that point yet. It's just simply House is trying to put something in the bill, Senate is approving everything but that, and House and Senate are basically just fighting about Obamacare.

85 said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Shouldn't the Republicans realise that having the country remain open is more important than opposing some healthcare bill? I may be completely wrong about this, but this is what I seem to understand.

Because partisan politics sucks and never gets anything done.

Republicans are red

Democrats are blue

And neither one of them

Could give more than two flying fucks straight out of the frying pan about you

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for trying to strip down the health care bill, but the judges have declared the law constitutional (even though it'll hike your premiums up like hell if you decide not to play along) and if us conservatives are going to talk the American way of government up so much we should be willing to let a bill that has made it through all the proper channels correctly fly. When people realize how big of a screwed up monstrosity of spending this things going to be, I would be willing to bet it's going to be revised.

Back