Unpopular opinions with video games

Pit said:
I actually liked Brawl. :cheep:

So did I :P

Favorite of the series til' Smash 4 came along.

Eri Ayase said:
Iron Man said:
What about Kirby Epic Yarn or RTDL?

kirbys epic yarn doesnt count because of its graphics style

not sure what RTDL is

It's still a Wii game with good graphics. And that's Return to Dreamland

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was the first handheld Zelda to succeed in being a handheld game rather than a console game ported to handheld

Giga12 said:
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was the first handheld Zelda to succeed in being a handheld game rather than a console game ported to handheld
isn't that more along the lines of an incorrect fact than an actual unpopular opinion

i dont really agree

but i do sometimes act like phantom hourglass and spirit tracks never existed.

I think Rouge from Sonic the Hedgehog is unusual in character design, mainly because she is a winged humanoid (meaning, she has arms in addition to wings) unlike the bird characters (Bean, Jet, Wave and Storm), who have arms and no wings. Yes, Charmy is like this, but he gets a pass since he's based on an insect, which has legs and wings at the same time. I guess there are no rules in character design that says no, but to me, Rouge sticks out because of having hands and wings at the same time.

I think it's also very unusual for Tails to be able to show his tails when he's spin-rolling (and to a lesser extent, Cream's ears). How does that even work? Initially, Tails entire body is covered with fur when rolling (compared to Sonic and Knuckles where you can get a glimpse at their curling pose), and I felt that the sprite designers copped out by not showing Tails in visible curling pose. When I saw Tails in ball form in Sonic Jump (first two columns in the spritesheet), it confirms my suspicion that him in ball form with tails not rolling is unusual. I guess it's an unpopular opinion since I cannot find anybody bringing this topic up, as I only saw one instance of this topic brought up in the art, and in thread in Sonic forums without response. I'm sure people will say "magic" in response to this, but I think it could be a topic worth exploring (at the very least, Archie Comics could do this, since Tails spin-rolls with tails jutting out.

Thanks for reading.

His tails already have unusual properties, as it should be impossible for two tails to spin around like a propeller without them getting tangled.

So I'm not quite sure what to say.

Magikrazy said:
His tails already have unusual properties, as it should be impossible for two tails to spin around like a propeller without them getting tangled.

So I'm not quite sure what to say.

I saw people brought up the impossibility of Tails' tails spinning like a propeller (and one of the people is the one who did Brawl in the Family), but nobody brought up the impossibility of Tails spinning into a ball yet his tails isn't rolling like him. If there are, there are rarely responses to this topic.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I think Rouge from Sonic the Hedgehog is unusual in character design, mainly because she is a winged humanoid (meaning, she has arms in addition to wings) unlike the bird characters (Bean, Jet, Wave and Storm), who have arms and no wings. Yes, Charmy is like this, but he gets a pass since he's based on an insect, which has legs and wings at the same time. I guess there are no rules in character design that says no, but to me, Rouge sticks out because of having hands and wings at the same time.

I think it's also very unusual for Tails to be able to show his tails when he's spin-rolling (and to a lesser extent, Cream's ears). How does that even work? Initially, Tails entire body is covered with fur when rolling (compared to Sonic and Knuckles where you can get a glimpse at their curling pose), and I felt that the sprite designers copped out by not showing Tails in visible curling pose. When I saw Tails in ball form in Sonic Jump (first two columns in the spritesheet), it confirms my suspicion that him in ball form with tails not rolling is unusual. I guess it's an unpopular opinion since I cannot find anybody bringing this topic up, as I only saw one instance of this topic brought up in the art, and in thread in Sonic forums without response. I'm sure people will say "magic" in response to this, but I think it could be a topic worth exploring (at the very least, Archie Comics could do this, since Tails spin-rolls with tails jutting out.

Thanks for reading.

The main problem is you're trying to apply science/reality to Sonic the Hedgehog

It's about as ridiculous as asking why the Hills have eyes, or how Mushrooms make you bigger in the Mario series. It's not really something that needs to be analyzed and discussed because the simple answer(/s) is that's just how the world works in the franchise's respective universe, that's how they designed it, and/or they kept it simple so that Tails doesn't feel too jarringly different from Sonic other then his ability to fly in Sonic 3 and the Advance series.

Same thing with Rouge. The Sonic series has a female 6 year old rabbit (AKA not even an animal that flies normally) that can fly by flapping her ears. Compared to what character design means for character abilities such as flight as it goes for anthromorphic animals of the Sonic series, Rouge's can be somewhat sensible. Rouge would have a harder time grabbing her haul of jewels if her arms were also her wings. Because she has to carry them somehow. Keeping them seperate makes it easier on her thief/spy missions

Well there is willing suspension of disbelief.

I'm not bothered by the fact that turtles and mushrooms can talk, but it is weird that Mario can walk near lava with no consequences.

Glitchy said:
Giga12 said:

Please, Link's Awakening is amazing.

im not saying link's awakening is bad more like it would have been better on the SNES.

Northern Verve said:
winstein said:

Thanks for reading.

The main problem is you're trying to apply science/reality to Sonic the Hedgehog

It's about as ridiculous as asking why the Hills have eyes, or how Mushrooms make you bigger in the Mario series. It's not really something that needs to be analyzed and discussed because the simple answer(/s) is that's just how the world works in the franchise's respective universe, that's how they designed it, and/or they kept it simple so that Tails doesn't feel too jarringly different from Sonic other then his ability to fly in Sonic 3 and the Advance series.

Same thing with Rouge. The Sonic series has a female 6 year old rabbit (AKA not even an animal that flies normally) that can fly by flapping her ears. Compared to what character design means for character abilities such as flight as it goes for anthromorphic animals of the Sonic series, Rouge's can be somewhat sensible. Rouge would have a harder time grabbing her haul of jewels if her arms were also her wings. Because she has to carry them somehow. Keeping them seperate makes it easier on her thief/spy missions
Well, the anatomically incorrect wings always sort of bothered me. Yeah, I know it's fiction, but you have to make sense sometimes. It would be more interesting if more birds are depicted as using their feet as hands, which is more accurate that way.

open world games are generally boring thanks to lack of good combat systems

I guess this is unpopular, since I haven't seen anyone else say it.

Metroid needs to be retired. It had its run, but it should be put to rest. I'm surprised Nintendo is making another. Did Other M sell particularly well?

Back