Unpopular opinions with video games

Nozomi Toujou said:
Jack Frost said:
But you guys treat the idea of Mega Evolutions being bad AS A FACT.
what no, we're just stating our opinions
it's never been a fact

i'm going to stop typing and go home as this isn't worth my time
Please, do me a favor and do just that.

stargazing rage mode has been triggered

feel her wrath

Jack Frost said:
I get it. But you guys treat the idea of Mega Evolutions being bad AS A FACT. I'm guessing you wouldn't hate them nearly as much though if X and Y were universally panned. If a game gets a good rating, people tend to call the game bad and inflate the minor annoyances as "game-breaking problems" just to show they're cool and original (This is why I think the cult hatred for X and Y is just stupid.) On the other hand, if a game is BAD, people tend to inflate anything good about the game and say "this alone makes it a good game" for the same reasons (a good example being the few people who like Sonic 06 because the soundtrack was good and Shadow's story had its moments.)

Mega Evolutions being bad is a fact to us. And idgaf about X/Y's ratings. I don't care if Pokemon is still considered a "universally acclaimed" series. We can still criticize its shortcomings without being a hater while still liking their games (and I don't but that's not my point here). Mega Evolutions broke the game and it did really break the competitive Pokemon community, especially with Smogon with Ubers now being a legit tier because GameFreak thought it was funny to give Rayquaza a totally broken Mega Evolution. It's decisions like these is why competitive Pokemon is often a joke nowadays.

Jack Frost said:
Again, I think it's unfair to call Mega Evolution broken when I'm willing to bet half of you have Legendary Pokemon that you send out first during battles.

Why don't you actually battle someone's team before assuming that. I don't have a single legendary on my team. And I've battled a few on here who have seen it.

Secondly I'm stating my opinion. Honestly the actual look of the Pokemon irritates me more than the game-breaking stature. And again, I said there were exceptions like the previously mentioned Mega Gallade.

But when you turn
445.png

Into this...
garchomp-mega.jpg

That really gets on my nerves. I want to train something awesome and ferocious, not something stupid and derpy.

Makes me glad they didn't make Mega Flygon. They would've ruined it

I'm not a fan of megas for basically everything else that's been said: they overdesign pokemon who were fine already and broke the competitive community (seriously megas should only be used for the pokes that need them like beedrill or pidgeot)

Iron Man said:
Jack Frost said:
Again, I think it's unfair to call Mega Evolution broken when I'm willing to bet half of you have Legendary Pokemon that you send out first during battles.

Why don't you actually battle someone's team before assuming that. I don't have a single legendary on my team. And I've battled a few on here who have seen it.

Secondly I'm stating my opinion. Honestly the actual look of the Pokemon irritates me more than the game-breaking stature. And again, I said there were exceptions like the previously mentioned Mega Gallade.

But when you turn
445.png

Into this...
garchomp-mega.jpg

That really gets on my nerves. I want to train something awesome and ferocious, not something stupid and derpy.

Makes me glad they didn't make Mega Flygon. They would've ruined it

How do you feel about Mega Rayquaza's design even though it's brutally overpowered?

Glitchy said:
How do you feel about Mega Rayquaza's design even though it's brutally overpowered?

Eh it's alright I guess but still like regular Rayquaza's design better.

Nibbs said:
(MCX is stupid)
Cirdec said:
but not Uber
something seems backwards here

Yeah, a lot of megas are on Pokemon who don't need them at all. Seriously, since when did Lucario need a buff? Don't even get me started on the Mega Legendaries. :L

Lucario is pretty bad by himself because he is frail and not fast enough, but Game Freak made his Mega Uber level.

Soul Silver is the best pokemon game

Mcmadness said:
Soul Silver is the best pokemon game
Uh... not unpopular. Actually, every Gen has its fair share of fans, except maybe Gen 1 (although there probably are fans of Gen 1 that just don't say it because they're afraid of people jumping to conclusions that they're an antisocial Genwunner).

Also, I want to clear something up. Just because I'm a diehard Gen 6 fanboy doesn't mean I think ALL Mega Evolution designs are great (Mega Manetric in particular looks completely idiotic), but I think there are more good ones than you give them credit for.

Also, sorry about the rude comment, Stargazing. I can be a pretty provocative *bleep*ard at times when I'm pushed to the limit.

Giga12 said:
exactly when did this turn into unpopular pokemon opinions?
I think it's because Unpopular Pokemon Opinions is dead by now, so people post Pokemon opinions here instead.

Jack Frost said:
(Mega Manetric in particular looks completely idiotic)

"Hey guys let's take some vertices in Manetric's models and stretch them all beyond belief!"

Mega Salamence has one of the most ridiculous mega evolution design. Seriously it looks like a surfboard.

Jack Frost said:
Your sarcasm constructive criticism whatever the *bleep* you want me to call it has a point, but in X and Y you CAN ignore Mega Evolution and the EXP share, because they're optional. In games like Sonic 06 and Big Rigs, UNDOUBTEDLY BAD game design cannot be ignored. But I understand, you think X and Y are the new Sonic 06.
What would happen if Meta Knight from Brawl or Akuma from this one Street Fighter happened to be super-buffed the next game? Are you going to retreat to you "you CAN ignore it" design?

X/Y and the mainsteam Pokemon series SHOULD be panned, but I do think its 80ish Metacritic score sums it up well. Good, functional, playable, deep, but it's been the same damn thing Gamefreak has been giving us for years, with some steps being taken forward, a few being backward, and with new features added while others are mysteriously removed.

theres actually a thread for pokemon opinions

Amway another very unpopular one: The most boring game i've ever played is minecraft, I really don't get the craze about this game. I played it once my cousin's xbox decided to start a game on survival. My cousin advised I got to tree and start from there getting some wood but I didn't know what to. I was then told to dig deep for diamonds and did so but it was just so repetitive and hard to get into. Did I not play enough or dig deep enough into the game but whatever it is, when I play this game I am left with nothing to do in it which is only game I've actually associated that with.

correction, minecraft singleplayer with a newly spawned map is the most boring game you've ever played

it is,
the fun part of minecraft for me is the multiplayer on game servers and the singleplayer adventure maps that other people make though. they basically let you play almost any type of game you can imagine inside of one game

to me the standard singleplayer has always been the part of the game i never even touch

even if you build you do not use that mode, youll always use creative mode + worldedit

Cave Story is a very subtley dark game. It just felt eerie, like with the disturbingly simple art style, the story that got away with a lot of edgy things for an E10+ game, and the soundtrack which just had a depressing tone, and the fact that even the happier moments had a "enjoy it while it lasts" undertone.

Lucina said:
Amway another very unpopular one: The most boring game i've ever played is minecraft, I really don't get the craze about this game. I played it once my cousin's xbox decided to start a game on survival. My cousin advised I got to tree and start from there getting some wood but I didn't know what to. I was then told to dig deep for diamonds and did so but it was just so repetitive and hard to get into. Did I not play enough or dig deep enough into the game but whatever it is, when I play this game I am left with nothing to do in it which is only game I've actually associated that with.

I'm normally for sandbox creative games without objectives but for some reason Minecraft does little to perk my interest

Back