Unpopular opinions with video games

you guys are only proving his point on why his opinion on rowlet is unpopular

i agree it sucks too, but don't give him a point

Time Turner said:
I'm a fan of the designs, I just hate how the series already had a Fire cat pokemon with Litleo. Cats are common enough already, we don't need repeats.
Not to mention the legendary is likely a fire lion.

Shaggy said:
Not sure if i said that before, but Donkey Kong 64 is one of the best collect-athon, thus one of the best games on the N64.
completely agree the fact that a lot of it is annoying is part of the challenge

Packy said:
pics
I will concede that the Rowlet meme is funny and quite classy

Baby Luigi said:
apologies if I sound like a tumblr sjw foaming at the mouth but ftr I prefer gender neutral pronouns

I usually get horrified gasps when I say this, but I preferred Sunshine over 64. The FLUDD mechanics were very enjoyable, movements were fluid, and the game was polished overall.
I also enjoyed the level designs. Some of the stars in 64 were just irritating to find or get, and making the levels somewhat more linear helped to alleviate that. They still kept the levels open enough that it was fun and worthwhile exploring the whole area for each shine, which was just wonderful.
I do agree that Yoshi, the lack of a long jump, and the excessive blue coin shines were poor form, though. Besides those, I just personally liked Sunshine over 64.

Happy said:
apologies if I sound like a tumblr sjw foaming at the mouth but ftr I prefer gender neutral pronouns

sorry about that, but what gender would you want me to use instead? uh, "it"?

Baby Luigi said:
Happy said:

sorry about that, but what gender would you want me to use instead? uh, "it"?
"it" is what you refuse to inanimate objects

like, "i broke the chair; it is sitting in the corner"

and other nuanced usages but generally don't use it for people

GalacticPetey said:
Time Turner said:
I'm a fan of the designs, I just hate how the series already had a Fire cat pokemon with Litleo. Cats are common enough already, we don't need repeats.
That would just be Entei.

GalacticPetey said:
Time Turner said:
Welp. Turns out Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel.

storylines dont have to be deep or serious to be good.

Zae Eildus said:
i mean, it can help

especially if someone tries to make a humorous or satirical storyline without the first idea what makes something humorous or satirical

i'll take a humdrum drama over a horrible comedy any day of the week

I never play games for their story.

My sister hasn't really gotten hooked with Undertale, and I doubt she'll get into fan-like gushes over its characterization.

Her favorite character is just a freaking baby for goodness sake.

Well that's just my opinion and besides, I had been playing it for only a few hours; typically it takes longer to get into RPGs

Striker Mario said:
I don't either. I can appreciate a good story but it's not that important to me compared to basically everything else a game can offer. A god awful story won't ruin a game for me as long as the game itself is decent.

Striker Mario said:

I'm the same way. I play them either for the challenge, for the fun, or for a way to kill time. Sure, some games have a good storyline, but if it's horrible that doesn't stop me from playing it, usually.

Time Turner said:
Zae Eildus said:
i mean, it can help

especially if someone tries to make a humorous or satirical storyline without the first idea what makes something humorous or satirical

i'll take a humdrum drama over a horrible comedy any day of the week

i guess? but there is some sort of charm in the more simplistic bright storylines i find i mean i think paper mario has a rather nice storyline or i often go back and enjoy the storyline of several dragonquest games.

Maybe its subjective, or maybe ive been through so many rpgs in my time that ive changed my outlook on storylines in general.

Striker Mario said:

I mostly agree. While having a good story is definitely a major plus, gameplay is the main reason I play video games and I think it's far more important to have good gameplay than good plot. For example, FE Conquest's plot sucks (in my opinion), but it's fantastic gameplay alone puts it as one of my higher ranked games in the series.

I didn't expect a lot of agreement here. Somehow, Time Turner made it seem like I feel like I'm in the minority. :P

and on a related note, i thought conquest had a pretty okay story

not anything amazing but not as bad as people make it out to be

if a game doesn't have a story that won't necessarily affect my enjoyment of it, but if it has a story and said story is bad that will make my opinion of le game more negative

also, I thought Conquest's plot was gr8. sure Corrin made mistakes, did bad things, and even changed her plans. but that just made her and the story more realistic and engaging for me

Back