Unpopular opinions with video games

Giga12 said:
PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
Here's one for the record:

I hate Minecraft, and sandbox games in general.

Have you played it?

Yes.

Which minecraft?

PC Version Demo.

Also, I'm ok with sandboxes that focus 100% on creativity, such as Garry's Mod and Spore. I dislike sandbox games where the only open-world thing is the overworld, and the goals are still linear.

Get the full version and download maps from others

Some people in my opinion go into games too blindly with unrealistic expections and let some of the simplest things stop them from enjoying a game.

PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
Here's one for the record:

I hate Minecraft, and sandbox games in general.

Have you played it?

Yes.

Which minecraft?

PC Version Demo.

Also, I'm ok with sandboxes that focus 100% on creativity, such as Garry's Mod and Spore. I dislike sandbox games where the only open-world thing is the overworld, and the goals are still linear.

Get the full version and download maps from others

Are you trying to get me into Minecraft? It's not gonna work.

I might like the concept of Minecraft, but I can have Mario in my games, I'll gladly play it.

I mean, Mario's the sole reason I play Garry's Mod in the first place.

I like Mincraft but it's

SO STINKING

OVERRATED

chillv said:
Well, some sandbox games tend to be way too dependent on the creativity and imagination aspect of it instead of focusing on the core gameplay.

Jackie-Chan-WTF-meme-face-70958233396.jpeg

The core gameplay *is* the creativity and imagination.

well you gotta think that some open stuff has shit quests and whatnot.

Games like gta and elder scrolls really suffer from this.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
I hate the Last of Us. It really feels more like an interactive movie instead of a game.

sure looked fun to me, although after playing SO4, games with a lot of cut scenes dont seem to be that bad.

I'm assuming the good one's Mother 3, since it's seemingly the most commonly praised game in the series.

Glaceon said:
I'm assuming the good one's Mother 3, since it's seemingly the most commonly praised game in the series.

It is.

Battle system still sucks but a lot of other things in the game are pretty well done.

Although monster designs are pretty questionable.

I'm pretty sure the questionable monster designs are mainly because of the whole robotisizing natural things and whatnot the game has going on.

Glaceon said:
I'm pretty sure the questionable monster designs are mainly because of the whole robotisizing natural things and whatnot the game has going on.

pretty much, just some of them look very awkward.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Princess Zae said:
Glaceon said:

pretty much, just some of them look very awkward.

Whoever thought of Negative Man is insane.

actually i think negative man is hilarious.

I wish they would have made positive man and neutral man as well.

Infact a group of friends that i hang out with via online chat thought that would be the best boss battle ever.

Movie tie in games aren't all bad. Sure there are some terrible ones (looking at you Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer) but most of the ones I have are pretty good especially the Treyarch Spider Man games.

I know they get a lot of hate for lack of gameplay, but I don't actually mind interactive movie / novel games, as long as they suit the experience it is trying to deliver.

The least movie games should do is use voice actors from the freaking movie

That doesn't exactly work.

Take The Avengers for example. Someone wants to make a tie-in game and wants to have the cast from the movie doing the voices. Getting Robert Downey Jr. alone would be very very very expensive. So basically, money is the reason.

Yeah but I'm wondering if they have the rights to buy licensing for the money, they can hire actors as well

BTW, I wouldn't call people who publish or milk movie-licensed games poor or indie anyway.

Back