Unpopular opinions with video games

chillv said:
I have a lot of unpopular opinions about gaming. However, I don't want to share most of them because I have had way too many bad experiences by doing so all over the internet.
People aren't going to disagree with you on it, feel free to post

Thermidor 2 said:
chillv said:
I have a lot of unpopular opinions about gaming. However, I don't want to share most of them because I have had way too many bad experiences by doing so all over the internet.
People aren't going to disagree with you on it, feel free to post

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

New Super Mario said:
chillv said:
I never played Mario Kart 7, mostly because I am not into the portable Mario Kart games. I feel that even when they introduce new things, they still offer a watered down experience. I can excuse this since they are handhelds that can't hold as much content as a console game, but still. For example, this game has a lack of character variety and the unlockable characters are just terrible (Honeyqueen and Metal Mario? REALLY?!)
MK7 is great.

And hating a game for the characters is just stupid.

i laughed pretty hard

anyway chillv doesnt really take disagreements very well or something idk

Princess Zae said:
i laughed pretty hard

anyway chillv doesnt really take disagreements very well or something idk

Yes

However, this is mostly because all I have had when expressing my opinions are disagreements. Like sure, people have agreed with me at time, but it is a rarity.

As a result, I keep most of my opinions to myself. What is the point in giving your views on something if you know that everyone is going to disagree with you?

eh dont worry at least you're not known across the community for having the shittiest taste in everything

Thrawn said:
Princess Zae said:
eh dont worry at least you're not known across the community for having the *bleep*tiest taste in everything
2nd worst.

The worst taste would have to go to Shoey.

Is shoey the one who had a duck as his avatar once and told me not to go and said that I am his boyfriend (freind that is a boy) that time when I made that thread about me leaving.

Anyway, *cough*Most of the retro mario games aren't that fun to me, even for the time they were made*cough*

chillv said:
Most of the retro mario games aren't that fun to me, even for the time they were made

They never really interested me either.

Thrawn said:
Princess Zae said:
eh dont worry at least you're not known across the community for having the shittiest taste in everything
2nd worst.

The worst taste would have to go to Shoey.

I've honestly come to the conclusion that shoey says all that just for the hell of it.

Giga12 said:
I hate...sandbox games in general.

I love sandbox games such as Garry's Mod and Spore: Galactic Adventures ;~:

Guess it's unpopular, but why do you hate open-ended games?

Baby Luigi said:
Giga12 said:

hmm yeah open games are very nice.

Looking at you kingdom of amular and sacred 2.

Baby Luigi said:
Giga12 said:

Well, some sandbox games tend to be way too dependent on the creativity and imagination aspect of it instead of focusing on the core gameplay.

Petit Computer is an example of what I am refering to. I can't believe I paid 8 dollars for an app that doesn't even give you step by step tutorials on how to use it, but gives you boring... long... e-manual.

Also, some don't like them because they lack creativity and imagination which is required to enjoy some games. One of which is Wario Ware D.I.Y. If you can't come up with ideas for microgames, comics and music in any way. The game is basically a waste of money unless you want to buy DLC and someone elses stuff.

money down the drain unless you wanna buy that DLC
I'm sorry, I speak with a dialect that contains words like this "Trippin', (feelin') salty, (where you) at, y'all, na'll, ain't etc" and I sometimes end up typing stuff like that.

chillv said:
Well, some sandbox games tend to be way too dependent on the creativity and imagination aspect of it instead of focusing on the core gameplay.

If you're looking for core gameplay in a sandbox game....well that's like looking for strategy in a party game. It's the wrong game genre.

I understand sandbox games aren't for everyone though. Me, though, I have a huge imagination and I love being creative so I wholly benefit from a game that'll let me do whatever and make crazy stuff. Especially Garry's Mod. Man, if you seen my screenshots on that game, you can tell I devoted so much time on creating scenes.

chillv said:
Petit Computer is an example of what I am refering to. I can't believe I paid 8 dollars for an app that doesn't even give you step by step tutorials on how to use it, but gives you boring... long... e-manual.

Eh, a sandbox game like Garry's Mod doesn't come with a tutorial. You learn simply by practice and making stuff. Basically, experience teaches. But what you need, of course, is something user friendly and I think Garry's Mod is pretty user friendly.

Baby Luigi said:
chillv said:

If you're looking for core gameplay in a sandbox game....well that's like looking for strategy in a party game. It's the wrong game genre.

I understand sandbox games aren't for everyone though. Me, though, I have a huge imagination and I love being creative so I wholly benefit from a game that'll let me do whatever and make crazy stuff. Especially Garry's Mod. Man, if you seen my screenshots on that game, you can tell I devoted so much time on creating scenes.

chillv said:

Eh, a sandbox game like Garry's Mod doesn't come with a tutorial. You learn simply by practice and making stuff. Basically, experience teaches. But what you need, of course, is something user friendly and I think Garry's Mod is pretty user friendly.

Yes, but Petit Computer uses BASIC which is a programming language. In my opinion, programming languages do need a tutorial or at least lessons in the instruction manual so you will know how to use it. Just saying what commands like "PRINT" does will not really help a user learn how to write their own code since BASIC is not all about just typing commands.

On a side note, stuff like it's graphics and background creator have no instructions on how to use them or what everything is for or does even in the manual.

Unlike Garry's Mod, Petit Computer is not very user freindly. Heck, people who actually know how to use it have trouble using it, and that's just sad.

On a side note, there actually are party games that are more dependent on strategy. Most party games where strategy is not involved are games that are based heavily around board games like Mario Party.

Mario Party has some strategy. You know, use a warp pipe when you're next to Bowser himself in Clock Tower. And you need to win minigames to spend on things. If you played just the first or last ones, then you're playing with the more luck-based ones.

chillv said:
On a side note, there actually are party games that are more dependent on strategy. Most party games where strategy is not involved are games that are based heavily around board games like Mario Party.

It's an analogy. Of course there may be some strategy involved. But the game isn't built around strategy

as can be said of most boardgames
even monopoly, arguably the most strategic of the pop-culture board games, is largely based on chance(cards)

a game needs both and gameplay to be great

but to be good, it only needs gameplay and either/or of the above

PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
Here's one for the record:

I hate Minecraft, and sandbox games in general.

Have you played it?

Yes.

Which minecraft?

PC Version Demo.

Also, I'm ok with sandboxes that focus 100% on creativity, such as Garry's Mod and Spore. I dislike sandbox games where the only open-world thing is the overworld, and the goals are still linear.

Giga12 said:
PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
PlayStation 4 said:
Giga12 said:
Here's one for the record:

I hate Minecraft, and sandbox games in general.

Have you played it?

Yes.

Which minecraft?

PC Version Demo.

Also, I'm ok with sandboxes that focus 100% on creativity, such as Garry's Mod and Spore. I dislike sandbox games where the only open-world thing is the overworld, and the goals are still linear.

what about jak 2

Nintendo has basically made my dream games on Wii U

Back