Your headcanons

ZelenPixel said:
tatanga and katsini are actually brothers with katsini being the older one. i have no idea why one is mostly naked and one wears a full set of clothes
cuz he's a nudist

What about in the comic and manga adaptations?

Mario never invites Bowser to his parties because Bowser's too good at it. Seriously tho, every time Koops picks Bowser in SMP, he wins easily.

After getting injured and beaten up so much during the final boss battle in DK64, K. Rool had his tail removed after the events of the game due to his injuries, explaining his lack of a tail. By the time of his appearance in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, it had finally started to grow back as a small stubby tail, and time will tell if it will regain its original length.

Bowser isn't evil at all and only plays the role of "villain" in the games. Outside the games, Mario and Bowser are great friends. This is kind of shown in the spin-off games though, so I guess it's not entirely a headcanon.

I feel like you could just replace that with "none of anything in this series has actually happened, it's just a bunch of books, plays and films"

Reminds me of the Banjo-Kazooie FANDOM wikia's stance on Banjo-Pilot.

According to Rare, there is no story to the game, although it can be assumed that Cheato lost all of his pages and Banjo and his friends must retrieve them by completing race courses. As Grunty is still in her original form, it can also be assumed this is the first game in the series, apart from possibly Diddy Kong Racing.

(....anyways, Results May Vary, Metalex, and I are working to assemble a proper MediaWiki for said series.)

Mcmadness said:
I feel like you could just replace that with "none of anything in this series has actually happened, it's just a bunch of books, plays and films"
its actually video games

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
No there isn't XD
There is though. From what we know...

SMB1 -> SMB3 -> SMW is the obvious one. This was stated in the games' instruction booklets. I will refer to this as the "main continuity".

SM64 took place sometime after the main continuity, but before Sunshine and Odyssey (due to FLUDD's customer scan and Bowser's memories, respectively). NSMB happened after Sunshine according to its instruction booklet.

YI -> YNI -> YIDS is one continuity that took place earlier in the main continuity, according to cutscenes.

SS -> PIT -> BIS -> DT is a very clear continuity based on character dialogue, and is implied to be part of the main continuity.

-Mario USA and Galaxy 2 are not canon, as shown in the games' respective endings. Lost Levels is part of an alternate continuity, as said in the instruction booklet.

All other mainline Mario titles are implied to take place an unspecified amount of time after the main continuity.

The canon status of spin-offs is unknown.

So yeah, Mario really has more continuity than you give it credit for.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Where are you pulling the Galaxy 2 info from? Don't recall that ever being said in the game's ending.

"Things referencing other things willy-nilly without consistency" does not a "canon" make.
It was really when Rosalina closed the book in the 120-star ending, which I took to mean that the whole game was just a fictional story in Rosalina's library. But I might be wrong.

You know how this problem would be solved if they gave the narrator voice acting?

It would be cool, if they do it like they did with FE: Radiant Dawn. That game had voice-acted narration between each chapter. And it was pretty engaging and made the story all the more interesting.

The narrator should be voice acted the same way he's voice acted in Mario Tennis 64.

Mario is 64 inches tall. Because N64 jokes.
I don't care that Japan doesn't use imperial units. Let me have this. :posh:
I'm 6 foot 5 and three quarters, so just a little taller than my headcanon of Mario. So one brick block would be about up to my hips, and Mini Mario would be just below my kneecap. And comparing a front-view photo of myself next to front-view art of Mario with this 64'' to 65.75'' comparison showed me that his nose would be as big as my head with my current irl proportions.

Any goomba, koopa troopa, boo or shyguy you play as in any game is one of the captains from Minion quest.

Just without their flag. Or their personality quirks. Or anything that would identify them as such.

Look just let me have this one ok?

Back