Your headcanons

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Saltman said:
Idk. How would you react if you saw a game with lots of green Yoshis?
A lot of Mario games are like that. The most prominent example I can think of is the Yoshi Theater in Superstar Saga.

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
Luigi cannot shut up when he's scared. He also thought Peasley was a girl at first.
I have Krillin on my mind for both of these.

Princess Mario said:
Saltman said:
giant torpedo to sink the island they're on
Funny thing is, had that creature you call the devil not saved Mario's ass from Kamek in Yoshi's Island then the plumber you call god would not be among us today.

Which means you have to thank and respect Yoshi like it or not.

Dr. Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's OG Woo Meister
yoshi didn't really save mario

mario fell from the sky. yoshi picked up mario and yoshi decided to take mario right to kamek and forced mario to suffer through lava spouts and giant cheep cheeps and ravenous piranha plants. if yoshi wasn't so lucky, yoshi could've gotten mario killed. luigi was saved in the end, sure, but all while unnecessarily endangering mario's life

there is also superstar mario that made yoshi's travels a little more convenient too

but that's if you reject my heacanon that continuity isn't a thing and yoshi's island happened in a different continuity so what mario did was alternate reality warp back as mr pipe and take and raise baby mario to the present where he's treated much better than the negligent dinos (including storky) and they time travel to beat the shroobs.

don't talk to me or my mario like that again and go dissolve in H2O dude

Yoshi also let mario sleep in his cozy house in smw while Mario rode on him and hit his face to make him eat fruits and poop out mushrooms to eat.

Dr. Baby Luigi

Mushroom Kingdom's Most Adorable Doctor
Saltman said:
Princess Mario said:
Saltman said:
giant torpedo to sink the island they're on
Funny thing is, had that creature you call the devil not saved Mario's ass from Kamek in Yoshi's Island then the plumber you call god would not be among us today.

Which means you have to thank and respect Yoshi like it or not.
yoshi acts like a douchebag constantly in karting so any goodwill he had is moot

Dr. Mario

Saltman said:
Yoshi also let mario sleep in his cozy house in smw while Mario rode on him and hit his face to make him eat fruits and poop out mushrooms to eat.
well in super mario odyssey, yoshi didn't put out that damn fire and mario hurt himself trying to put it out and so my respect points for yoshi is zero and i think what mario does to yoshi is fine and all ;)

Dr. Mario

Probably but I think both are beyond help at this point. I mean, Mario Kart and Mario Party sealed the deal from any further negotiations.

J-Yoshi64

Ray Trace said:
Baby Luigi acts like a douchebag constantly in karting so any goodwill he had is moot
fixed that for you
Literally any character can be described this way, so this argument holds no weight.

And while I don't think taking Baby Mario with them was a good idea, they did save Baby Luigi, too. You conveniently leave that part out.

Doc von Schmeltwick

King of Klonks, bizarre dealer of the dark arts.
Did Yoshi even know there was another baby? He was just going off some map (that somehow also led him to Bowser's Castle even though presumably it was intended to lead the stork to the house to drop the babies off at).

Dr. Mario

Moldomré: The Crossover Episode said:
*deep sigh*

Yoshi just wanted to reunite the babies. Is that so bad?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions, or so the saying goes.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Did Yoshi even know there was another baby? He was just going off some map (that somehow also led him to Bowser's Castle even though presumably it was intended to lead the stork to the house to drop the babies off at).
It sure as hell wasn't implied that Yoshi wasn't sure if Bowser's Castle was Mario's home or not and he probably saw the Toadies fly to and from there, and besides, Yoshi has resistance going there to the first place. Did his clan really need to bring Baby Mario?

Dr. Mario

Good. The Yoshis should just give Baby Mario shelter and cover while the heroic valiant Green Yoshi goes off to rescue Baby Luigi. What is with that relay system anyway? Are you playing as just different locals? Is there really only one "the" Yoshi which is at the end?

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Princess Mario said:
Good. The Yoshis should just give Baby Mario shelter and cover while the heroic valiant Green Yoshi goes off to rescue Baby Luigi. What is with that relay system anyway? Are you playing as just different locals? Is there really only one "the" Yoshi which is at the end?
"The" Yoshi is the newly hatched Baby Yoshi at the end of YIDS.

Dr. Mario

Then why do you guys and why does Nintendo give that hatchling credit when it did even less than nothing?

J-Yoshi64

My headcanon is that Baby Yoshi Star Child IS the playable Green Yoshi, and he actually hatched like 10+ before the events of Yoshi's Island.

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
J — Pony Disguise said:
My headcanon is that Baby Yoshi Star Child IS the playable Green Yoshi, and he actually hatched like 10+ before the events of Yoshi's Island.
Yikes. So...the YIDS credits was just a flashback? Never thought of it that way.

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
J — Pony Disguise said:
I've never actually seen the credits. Is it just Baby Yoshi?
At the end it shows a single Green Baby Yoshi (black background btw, no other yoshis in sight) hatching from an egg. It has a star above it, indicating that it is the seventh Star Child.

Princess Luigi

Pretty in Pink~
Bandana Waddle Dee said:
Well supposedly it was Baby Mario who telepathically told the Yoshis where Baby Luigi was.
I always believed that Mario and Luigi star spirits are connected in someway because they are twins, which is how Mario knew where to go. If one of the Bros gets seperated, after a couple of days their star spirit (star power i dunno) will start telling them where the other is at. Since they were babies in Yoshi's Island this power started working after they were seperated for oh, a couple of inches? But now that they are much older it take 3-4 days for it to activate. This is why they live together.

I also believe that some star powers are stronger over others. Fire and Thunder hurt each other badly, Wish (Peach's power) and Floral (Daisy's power) hurt each other badly, Power (Wario) and Physics (Waluigi) hurt each other badly. Rosalina having Star power has no main opposite.

Luigi is a special case for he has both Fire and Thunder.

I don't truly believe in Donkey Kong and Green Yoshi being Star Children. But if they were they could be Power and Floral respectively.

(i hope that wasn't to long...)