Your headcanons

human_head_reference_picture_front.jpg

Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_III.jpg

This joke has probably been done before, but I felt like doing it right now.

Club Mario is the end of the timeline. Everyone is long dead and the degenerate successors of humanity are commenting on archival footage.

Magikrazy said:
Waluigi lives in a dumpster behind a closed down Radio Shack.
:mario: I'm stuffed with this large Burrito. I am going to throw it here in the dumpster, Luigi.
:luigi: Okey Dokey.
*Mario goes there*
:waluigi: : Are you going to eat that Burrito?
Mario: ...

Those Toad mummies come from the same place as cosmic Marios. Which is a creepy dimension. It may or may not explain those “spooks” you can see as easter eggs.

^I've heard that before. Forget where, tho.

Goombas and SPM characters and any other armless persons/species use invisible vectors to hold and manipulate objects (like Elfen Lied, but less gore and nudity). Most of the time, there are only two arm vectors, with invisible legs having more limited motility, and even the arm vectors only have limited ranges (like regular limbs) except in certain cases, like O'Chunks' stretchy arms (but keep in mind that you can also get stretchy non-vector limbs in the Marioverse too). In some other cases, powerful/magical individuals can also use separate, long-range telekinesis to move things at a distance (but again, people with regular arms can potentially do that too). Sometimes individuals wear sleeves, gloves, pants and/or shoes on the vectors, but others prefer the mystique and of course a lot of species don't ever wear anything.

If I was that game theory guy I'd say that Mario died in the beginning of Paper Mario and the entire game is just what Mario sees before he dies.

Whenever Bowser is pissed with his minions for failing he forces them to play on his Mario Party boards for his amusement.

Mcmadness said:
Whenever Bowser is pissed with his minions for failing he forces them to play on his Mario Party boards for his amusement.
You'd think after all their failures, Goombas would be playable more often...

Kind of a joke headcanon: factoring in after playing with Left 4 Dead 2 mods extensively, the Mario characters and universe are actually real people turned into zombies.

No hands equals no play

Except for baseball

That's discrimination.

Hell, they let people without feet drive too, ya know?

Boos have that whole magic excuse.

Not that I care. I think a goomba doing things with no hands fits right in with a silly series like Mario.

Mcmadness said:
Boos have that whole magic excuse.

Not that I care. I think a goomba doing things with no hands fits right in with a silly series like Mario.
Goombas have magic, too, you know? They can somehow wear Mario, Luigi, or Wario's hats that transform you, but not them!

Either that or they are so incompetent at magic they don't know how to use the hats :P

For some reason I was pondering this last night. I think that Spinies, like Yoshis in the Smash Bros. games, can somehow form an egg around themselves for protection, and they do this just before a Lakitu throws them at Mario so they'll survive the impact if they miss and hit the ground.

Also the Spiny Eggs in Yoshi's Island and sequel-type games are unfertilized which is why they don't actually become spinies.

iirc, Spinies in the PM games can curl back into spike balls at will in battle, so that's what I picture they do when Lakitus chuck 'em. Hell, Bowser can curl up into a spike ball too. My headcanon is that it's a combination of hammerspace, shielding and shapeshifting magic.

Walkazo said:
iirc, Spinies in the PM games can curl back into spike balls at will in battle, so that's what I picture they do when Lakitus chuck 'em. Hell, Bowser can curl up into a spike ball too. My headcanon is that it's a combination of hammerspace, shielding and shapeshifting magic.

I agree. Especially since the koopa species is one of the most magical in the series. Just some are more proficient than others. Like Magikoopas.

SiFi said:
For some reason I was pondering this last night. I think that Spinies, like Yoshis in the Smash Bros. games, can somehow form an egg around themselves for protection, and they do this just before a Lakitu throws them at Mario so they'll survive the impact if they miss and hit the ground.

Also the Spiny Eggs in Yoshi's Island and sequel-type games are unfertilized which is why they don't actually become spinies.
Same reason the Koopalings can even go inside their shells. Just... just look at their designs.

Indeed. And all other Koopas, really: bug heads, tiny holes. But at least other species have actual full shells to go into: Dragon-Koopa bellies aren't even proper hard plastrons: they're clearly soft and flexible in their natural state. Ain't no turtle physics here: it's all funky magic or bust.

Except in Bowser's inside story amusingly where it's apparently related to Bowser's spine.

Or at least I think it was his spine.

Walkazo said:
Indeed. And all other Koopas, really: bug heads, tiny holes. But at least other species have actual full shells to go into: Dragon-Koopa bellies aren't even proper hard plastrons: they're clearly soft and flexible in their natural state. Ain't no turtle physics here: it's all funky magic or bust.
Yeah. Just look at their model sometimes. Bowser in Super Smash Bros. uses TWO models: one for inside his shell, one for him normal. So they're actually swapping between two very different models; it's not like they're shrinking heads and limbs with it comes to Koopas.

I'm thoroughly convinced that unlike normal koopas ones of Bowser's species can't remove their shells and is physically stuck to them.

How else could it regenerate its spikes?

I also completely agree; the flexibility seen in them and a few other species also suggests that the shells are part of a still-flexible spinal column in the basal Koopa species (i.e. Dragon-Koopas, Limbo Bros. and Chomp Bros.). In fact, my headcanon is that the Koopa Troopas are the only ones who can remove their shells, with Koopa Strikers being the first ones to do so, since whenever they remove their shells, they regrow one instantly, with full, stable autonomy only coming later on in the evolutionary tree. But not having connected shells comes at the expense of the sort of powerful magic and hammerspace abilities you see in Dragon-Koopas, Hammer Bros., Magikoopas, Lakitus and even Spinies (curling into balls; SPM also showed that breaking off a (Stone) Buzzy's shell means instant, painful death) . My idea is that the reservoirs of energy are pooled under heir shells, and losing the shells means having to carry the power inside their bodies: it'd be fine if you're a huge dragon or something (the ancestors of Koopas, before the shell setup let them become small and compact again), but little Koopa Troopas can only carry so much and most of that goes into basic retreat-into-the-shell hammerspace abilities.

I actually wrote a few Shroom articles about the subject which go into more detail:

*Theoretical Macroevolution of Koopas (The_'Shroom:Issue_64/Theoretical_Macroevolution_of_Koopas)
*Evolutionary Taxonomy of the Koopas (The_'Shroom:Issue_LXXXVIII/Evolutionary_Taxonomy_of_the_Koopas)
*A Phylogenetic Analysis of the Koopas (The_'Shroom:Issue_XCIII/A_Phylogenetic_Analysis_of_the_Koopas) - this last one's more of a nitty-gritty science tutorial, but it does have a good summary tree of Koopa evolution:

KoopaTree1.png

Mcmadness said:
Except in Bowser's inside story amusingly where it's apparently related to Bowser's spine.

Or at least I think it was his spine.
The rump command, you mean? That's a pun on saving Bowser's ass. Although physiologically, it could be linked with the adrenal glands perched atop the kidneys that are also in that general area. Plus, there's also room to read too much into it and turn it into a metaphor for how reproduction is the only true way to achieve immortality, complete with a flowing river and cells with long wiggly tails for limbs... Of course, my explanation for BIS is simply "heinous lies and mental projections created by Starlow to prevent everyone from going insane from the sheer incomprehensibility of being within another creature's hammerspace field". There's a long version of that story too, in case anyone has a few days to kill.

Toy Chica said:
Sure looks like it, though this makes me wonder what's up with the Bowser Shells in Double Dash.
More heinous lies.

Back