United States Presidential Election, 2012

It's the sort of thing that shouldn't be an issue. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I had to prove my legitimacy as an American citizen after being elected.

banjonator1 said:
Mario4Ever said:
banjonator1 said:
Scarecrow von Steuben said:
banjonator1 said:
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but why don't politicians just say what they will do if they're elected instead of bash others? Remember when they tol people Obama was the Antichrist? I don't support Obama, but seriously guys? Does anyone deserve to be called the Antichrist?

BCUZ HE RLY IS YOU GUISE!!!!1

actually it's because politicians know if they say something enough people will start to believe it even if it's obviously false, like "Obama is a Muslim" or "Obama was born in Kenya."

Yeah. I don't believe he's from Kenya, but still. What is he trying to prove by not showing a birth certificate. I am actually thinking about going into politics when I am older. Vote Banjo. Woot.

Where have you been?

Well duh. I'm just saying what took him so long?

He shouldn't have to present his birth certificate in the first place.

Ron Paul is going against SOPA. Just sayin'

Aren't some of the other candidates also against it?

And as I said before, Ron Paul hates Israel.

I'd be happy with Gingrich, he's always seemed like the most experienced of the Republican candidates. Herman is still my first though.

Aren't some of the other candidates also against it?

And as I said before, Ron Paul hates Israel.
Well, he doesn't hate Israel. He just doesn't want to make them dependent on us through our monetary and military aid (which we also use as an excuse to try and influence their policies... Like when Obama came out and declared his support for the 1967 borders and whatnot?). It makes no sense to support Israel and then to turn around and also support Israel's enemies (we give more money combined to countries that despise Israel and their sovereignty than we do to Israel: that sounds backwards to me). If we were a good friend to Israel, we wouldn't force her to become dependent on us, we wouldn't try to dictate her policies, and we wouldn't help her enemies.
[/quote]

Here's the thing- there's no reason to support Israel aside from one's religious beliefs. If my information is correct, the Israelis are basically stealing the land that people were living on. But since it says in the Bible that if you fuck with Israel you're screwed, the (mostly Christian) U.S. isn't going to be opposing then anytime soon.

Actually...

The Israelites had it until around the 7th century when Muslims conquered it.

In the 19th century, a group of Zionists determined that Israel would be the best location for a Jewish state.

Also, look at the rest of the Middle East. It's almost entirely Islamic. Isreal is the one Jewish nation in the world. In my opinion, this small space of land should be kept in Israel's possession. In fact, after they won a war with Egypt, they were offered more land and declined it.

Dr. Javelin said:
Herman is still my first though.
I'm sorry, but I just can't support Herman Cain. There's a much better local pizza place that I buy from with a chicken parmesean pizza to die for.

It's not the sexual harassment thing thats making Herman Cain support plummet it's the fact that he has the IQ of a four year old.

Dr. Javelin said:
Scarecrow von Steuben said:
[quote author=redacted]
So Newt Gingrich is becoming top-tier across the nation.

As for in specific states, Iowa is getting extremely heated with a 4-way tie in polling: Herman Cain has 20%, Ron Paul has 19%, Mitt Romney has 18%, and Newt Gingrich has 17%. All four are in a statistical tie due to the poll's margin of error (plus or minus 4.4%).

Yup.

Newt Gingrich is an evil son of a bitch
What the hell?

Also Gingrich's immigration plan is more allowing than most of the Republican ones.
[/quote]

He's ruthless, vicious, and just an all-around horrible guy. Rick Perry is good-hearted but not very bright, Michelle Bachmann is bursting at the seams with crazy, Herman Cain is hilariously clueless, Mitt Romney is a blatant opportunist, hell, even Barack Obama is too concerned with being polite and calm to actually get anything done, but Newt Gingrich is the only candidate who is just a dreadful person. At least the others mean well.

What I mean is that you haven't said any thing actually specific about why you believe these opinions, and therefore I can't really consider them to be accurate.

Dr. Javelin said:
What I mean is that you haven't said any thing actually specific about why you believe these opinions, and therefore I can't really consider them to be accurate.

He is the pinnacle of conservative hypocrisy. He has been married a number of times, had multiple affairs, gave his one of his wives divorce papers while she was in the hospital for a tumor, and yet he has an issue with two monogamous, devoted human beings of the same sex getting married. Because it's against the Bible. Hey, guess what? So is fucking every woman that crosses your path! While married!

Well, Cain's dropped out. What a coward.

Now we're stuck with clowns who are wasting people's time but have (for the moment) decided to stay in the race....

Or Bachmann, or Perry, or Trump (if he decides to get back in, which he said he'll do if voters pick someone from the GOP he thinks has no chance), etc.

Mario4Ever said:
Or Bachmann, or Perry, or Trump (if he decides to get back in, which he said he'll do if voters pick someone from the GOP he thinks has no chance), etc.

Bachmann is losing in the polls right now on account of bat*bleep* insanity. Perry was hopeless ever since he showed up drunk. Trump being president would be like Kim Kardashian joining Congress.

Thanks for that wonderful mental scenario...is there anyone running against Obama who is not a complete moron?

With Mr. Cain out of the race, I guarentee you next year at this time we will be hearing President elect Newt Gingrich. With Romney, he's too liberal-flip-floppy-wishywashy. His base will NEVER support him. Not to mention the elephant in the room: He's a MORMAN. Unless Perry can make a come-back, but Americans won't elect ANOTHER Texan who can't string two words together without fumbling over his thought.

Marwikedor said:
With Mr. Cain out of the race, I guarentee you next year at this time we will be hearing President elect Newt Gingrich. With Romney, he's too liberal-flip-floppy-wishywashy. His base will NEVER support him. Not to mention the elephant in the room: He's a MORMAN. Unless Perry can make a come-back, but Americans won't elect ANOTHER Texan who can't string two words together without fumbling over his thought.

What the hell does Mormonism have to do with anything relevant?

Mario4Ever said:
Marwikedor said:
Because no one who's not Christian will ever become president of the united states.

What the hell does Mormonism have to do with anything relevant?

Back