United States Presidential Election, 2012

Voting for a Republican does not make one racist, and a candidate's past personal history does not matter in terms of his (or her) presidential ability, though it does have an impact on whether or not said candidate will be voted for, as much as I despise that idea.

Bop1996 said:
@Obama supporters: I'd like you to answer a few questions. Does voting for a Republican make you racist? If so, what if you vote for Cain? Does a candidate's past personal history matter greatly when running for office? If so, why do you support Obama when he was definitely friends with an actual terrorist?

1. ...no, it doesn't. I don't think anyone says that except the extremists.
2. Of course it matters!
3. This is the part where I facepalmed so hard I think I broke my nose.

Mario4Ever said:
Voting for a Republican does not make one racist, and a candidate's past personal history does not matter in terms of his (or her) presidential ability, though it does have an impact on whether or not said candidate will be voted for, as much as I despise that idea.

So if someone raped, murdered, and killed two hundred people you'd vote for them as long as they-

oh right i'm talking to Mr. Ayn Rand-Meets-Nietzsche Wannabe here

Actually... there's no real evidence against Herman Cain. The same thing happened last election here in SC with Nikki Haley, people are always trying to label candidates as sex offenders.

Also you didn't mention Newt Gingrich, who would be my second choice after Cain. Newt has plenty of experience and in the Republican Commander-in-Chief debate on Saturday he seemed the most capable of all the candidates.

Dr. Javelin said:
Actually... there's no real evidence against Herman Cain. The same thing happened last election here in SC with Nikki Haley, people are always trying to label candidates as sex offenders.

Also you didn't mention Newt Gingrich, who would be my second choice after Cain. Newt has plenty of experience and in the Republican Commander-in-Chief debate on Saturday he seemed the most capable of all the candidates.
1. Let's face it, if Herman Cain were a liberal you'd believe he was a sex offender.
2. Oh yes, Newt Gingrich, Mr. I'm-so-desperate-I-set-up-fake-twitter-accounts-to-follow-me-so-I-look-like-I-have-more-fans.

@SvS: Was your problem with the content of my argument, its factual validity, or its logical basis?

Dr. Javelin said:
1. But he's not.
2. What the hell? Besides, that has nothing to do with his would-be presidency.

1a. It is a proven, documented, matter of public fact that he made a settlement regarding sexual harassment charges, lied about knowing about it, then contradicted himself. Those are not the actions of an innocent man.
1b. If you do not believe that Obama was born in Kenya, and if you do not believe he is a secret Muslim/Atheist, then I respect your belief that Cain is innocent even if I think you're wrong. But otherwise you're just a hypocrite.
2. No, it just shows that he's a sad, dishonest, pathetic man who I don't want as my president.

Scarecrow von Steuben said:
Dr. Javelin said:
1. But he's not.

1a. It is a proven, documented, matter of public fact that he made a settlement regarding sexual harassment charges, lied about knowing about it, then contradicted himself. Those are not the actions of an innocent man.
1b. If you do not believe that Obama was born in Kenya, and if you do not believe he is a secret Muslim/Atheist, then I respect your belief that Cain is innocent even if I think you're wrong. But otherwise you're just a hypocrite.
2. No, it just shows that he's a sad, dishonest, pathetic man who I don't want as my president.
1a. From what I can tell, it's just an old political trick that gets tried every once in a while, so I'm reluctant to believe it.
1b. No, I don't believe in that garbage about Obama, my problems with him are solely based on his presidency ideals. So no, I'm not a hypocrite.
2. I also doubt the validity of those claims, though they're probably more likely than Herman Cain as a sex offender. I still find it irrelevant, though.

Mario4Ever said:

So if someone raped, murdered, and killed two hundred people you'd vote for them as long as they-

It is unlikely that someone could take that many lives and get on the ballot undetected...unless the country is far more corrupt than I think it is. In any case, these are the only requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for the office:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

There's nothing in the Constitution prohibiting a candidate from having a criminal record (Bush had a DUI back in '76).

The only reason people are making a big deal out of Cain is because voting's based on popularity rather than capability, and I haven't seen a capable candidate in a long time (as far as the GOP's concerned, anyway...Obama would have fared better if Bush had cleaned up his mess rather than leave it behind...also, the "birther" shit was a waste of time).

I'd vote for anyone who'd give Canada money for polar bears.

Dr. Javelin said:
Dr. Javelin said:
1. But he's not.

1a. From what I can tell, it's just an old political trick that gets tried every once in a while, so I'm reluctant to believe it.
1b. No, I don't believe in that garbage about Obama, my problems with him are solely based on his presidency ideals. So no, I'm not a hypocrite.
2. I also doubt the validity of those claims, though they're probably more likely than Herman Cain as a sex offender. I still find it irrelevant, though.

1. Fair enough.
2. Yeah, I guess.

Mario4Ever said:
Mario4Ever said:

It is unlikely that someone could take that many lives and get on the ballot undetected...unless the country is far more corrupt than I think it is. In any case, these are the only requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for the office:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

There's nothing in the Constitution prohibiting a candidate from having a criminal record (Bush had a DUI back in '76).

The only reason people are making a big deal out of Cain is because voting's based on popularity rather than capability, and I haven't seen a capable candidate in a long time (as far as the GOP's concerned, anyway...Obama would have fared better if Bush had cleaned up his mess rather than leave it behind...also, the "birther" *bleep* was a waste of time).

1. ...I'm speaking hypothetically :|
2. Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

1. I'm aware of that...the thought's just utterly ridiculous, even hypothetically speaking.

2. What someone has done is not always indicative of what he or she will do.

Mario4Ever said:
1. I'm aware of that...the thought's just utterly ridiculous, even hypothetically speaking.

1. That's the point of being hypothetical, you see. It doesn't have to be realistic.

2. So? You think we should reward someone who would do that with a Presidency, even if they'd never do it again?

Mario4Ever said:

1. That's the point of being hypothetical, you see. It doesn't have to be realistic.

2. So? You think we should reward someone who would do that with a Presidency, even if they'd never do it again?

1. I suppose.

2. Present action's more important than past action. Why else do prisoners earn parole? Why else is it possible for wiki users who've been warned in the past to be promoted? IMO, anyone who wants to run is free to run so long as the constitutional requirements are met. Whether the person wins is up to voter discretion.

fine, whatever

as far as crazy things go this is the least crazy i've seen you so there's no sense getting into a massive argument over it

There's no argument. I view this as a casual discussion between forum members. I'll take the other half of your statement as a compliment. :)

Mario4Ever said:
fine, whatever

as far as crazy things go this is the least crazy i've seen you so there's no sense getting into a massive argument over it

There's no argument. I view this as a casual discussion between forum members. I'll take the other half of your statement as a compliment. :)

It's not meant as one.

On a related note, fuck Newt Gingrich. He served his wife, who was dying of cancer, divorce papers while she was in the hospital. What a sickening, amoral person.

On a related note, *bleep* Newt Gingrich. He served his wife, who was dying of cancer, divorce papers while she was in the hospital. What a sickening, amoral person.

She didn't sign, did she? If I were her, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a divorce.

Mario4Ever said:
fine, whatever

It's not meant as one.

Wasn't much of an insult, then.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but why don't politicians just say what they will do if they're elected instead of bash others? Remember when they tol people Obama was the Antichrist? I don't support Obama, but seriously guys? Does anyone deserve to be called the Antichrist?

banjonator1 said:
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but why don't politicians just say what they will do if they're elected instead of bash others? Remember when they tol people Obama was the Antichrist? I don't support Obama, but seriously guys? Does anyone deserve to be called the Antichrist?

That was just a ploy for whoever made the accusations to get votes from the people who believe such a being is among us. In any case, the problem with politicians is not what they say, but what they do (or fail to do).

banjonator1 said:

BCUZ HE RLY IS YOU GUISE!!!!1

actually it's because politicians know if they say something enough people will start to believe it even if it's obviously false, like "Obama is a Muslim" or "Obama was born in Kenya."

banjonator1 said:

actually it's because politicians know if they say something enough people will start to believe it even if it's obviously false, like "Obama is a Muslim" or "Obama was born in Kenya."

Yeah. I don't believe he's from Kenya, but still. What is he trying to prove by not showing a birth certificate. I am actually thinking about going into politics when I am older. Vote Banjo. Woot.

banjonator1 said:
banjonator1 said:

Yeah. I don't believe he's from Kenya, but still. What is he trying to prove by not showing a birth certificate. I am actually thinking about going into politics when I am older. Vote Banjo. Woot.

Where have you been?

Mario4Ever said:
banjonator1 said:
banjonator1 said:

Where have you been?

Well duh. I'm just saying what took him so long?

Back