Nintendo 2DS

I still feel that it would sell better if it resembled the 3DS and didn't look so weird in terms of button positions and overall design. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, that's my beef with it.

In my opinion, the only thing that would make the 2DS better, if it would revert back to using batteries.

There's a 99% chance your observation in accurate. I conclude that there is a 27% chance that I'll get a 2DS for Christmas. Also, there is a 31% chance I might get a job within the next two months with a 87% chance that I'll buy a 2DS with that money.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
Yay. I still prefer the 3DS because it can SHUT.

Agreed. It protects the screens, especially if you have 3DS protection equipment. I doubt there's any of that for the 2DS.

レイチェル said:
Radagast the Brown said:
can it fit in your pocket though
I always thought this was a stupid argument from my perspective because women's pants either don't have pockets, have really small pockets or have stitching to make it look like the are pockets when there really aren't, so often your 3DS (almost certainly the XL) won't fit into them.

So like, when a feature can only be used by essentially half your userbase is it really a feature worth flaunting?

It really just needs to fit in a bag, which it does, which makes it no less of a burden.
pockets are better they carry everything in it

and in what world do women's trousers not have pockets

Radagast the Brown said:
レイチェル said:
Radagast the Brown said:
I always thought this was a stupid argument from my perspective because women's pants either don't have pockets, have really small pockets or have stitching to make it look like the are pockets when there really aren't, so often your 3DS (almost certainly the XL) won't fit into them.

So like, when a feature can only be used by essentially half your userbase is it really a feature worth flaunting?

It really just needs to fit in a bag, which it does, which makes it no less of a burden.

This one.

Radagast the Brown said:
レイチェル said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Pockets are meant to contain stuff, not to look nice. Welcome to some weird parallel universe.

Usually when I wear pockets without trousers, I always screw myself over because I always think my trousers have pockets.

And thus, so many times have I dropped stuff on the floor because I tried putting it inside the non-existent pockets of some of my trousers.

So if I had a 3DS (which I do) and did that, the 3DS would land on the floor, take a bit of damage.
So if I had a 2DS (which I don't) and did that, the 2DS probably would take quite a bit of damage and likely damage the screen.

So me being accident prone, I'd buy a 3DS.

I like the 2ds. I'ts not for me, but I think it's a great system for the little kids out there who want to play the 3ds, but their parents won't let them because of the 3d. I also like the design alot! It almost seems like it's indestructible (except the screens), and from what I heard, It's quit e comfortable to hold. I know a few people who wouldn't use the 3d on a 3ds, and this might be a good way for to access the 8th generation of handheld gaming.
Though, I could imagine a few kids whining about their 2ds, saying it isn't 3d, not knowing that the 3ds would mess up their eyes. :-\

I think it's a great idea, since the majority of younger kids can't take proper care of their handheld consoles (I used to be one of these :P). It is, however, going to give Nintendo a lot of hate, since most people who see it don't think of it being dedicated for younger people.

Also GameStop is going to have to lower their used DSi prices! :D Last I remember they were around 130USD.

MS-DOS said:
It is, however, going to give Nintendo a lot of hate, since most people who see it don't think of it being dedicated for younger people.

Not nessesarily, Nintendo might actually get allot of praise for this. Speaking that this system is no longer dangerous to the lil kids, the parents might like the idea for the holidays.

Also, Nintendo (thankfully) kept 3d the main priority of the family. :) (ps, welcome to the boards! I'm sorta new here too.)

DragonFreak said:
I still want a 2DS so badly. No hinges, no overrated 3D. It's like a GBA, only it doesn't use batteries sadly.
On the bright side at least, they have batteries in amazon if you run out of charge in the battery. :)

Back