Clones in SSB4

Re: Clones

Baby Luigi said:
I have a question

Wasn't Ganondorf originally supposed to be Black Shadow from F-Zero or is this all an unconfirmed rumor?
that reminds me of an interesting suggestion i once read

it was basically "revamp ganonorf, add black shadow, give him ganondorf's falcon-clone moveset"

Anna said:
While Rosalina is not a clone of Peach, I do feel like a lot of her non-smash moves are similar to Zelda's. However, looking at some of the new pictures of Zelda, it seems her non-smash moves are getting tweeked, so we'll see...
Don't judge your chickens before they hatch.

Buffaloman said:
Baby Luigi said:
I have a question

Wasn't Ganondorf originally supposed to be Black Shadow from F-Zero or is this all an unconfirmed rumor?
that reminds me of an interesting suggestion i once read

it was basically "revamp ganonorf, add black shadow, give him ganondorf's falcon-clone moveset"

That's a much better suggestion than Ganondorf acting like an F-Zero pilot racer

Timmy said:
Ganondorf said:
What really gets on my nerves is when people consider characters to be clones based only on their special moves. Do jabs, tilts, smashes, grabs, and aerials mean nothing to people? Calling Wolf and Ike clones, even semi-clones, of Fox and Marth respectively also really annoys me. Anyone who says that clearly hasn't played those characters enough.
Agreed 100%. *insert thumbs up here for you*

Also, I agree with Baby Luigi about Ganondorf. I found it dumb how he has a sword used in his taunt, yet doesn't use it in his moveset at all...

Also, I don't see the issue if they make Ganondorf unique for "having a new playstyle". People will just have to adapt.

It's like Peach; from Melee to Brawl, her KO power got nerfed and she didn't have her broken as hell Down Smash and went from one of the longest double jumps to the shortest. But people adapted.

I'm a Ness main, and if Ness got his recovery changed and it was a buff, I wouldn't be complaining. People say "oh Ness is supposed to recover by launching himself with PK Thunder", but they'd just have to adapt to it. =P
I can see where you're coming from. But most Ganondorf suggestions are drastic overhauls. Much more extreme than your Peach and Ness examples.

He's still got a point: mains of Ganondorf will just have to adapt to a new playstyle. Ultimately, it depends on how well players will adapt.

The Doctor said:
In this thread, talk about clones and semi-clones. What is your opinion on them?

I personally found the numerous clones to be one of the few things I didn't like about Melee. It's a good thing they removed the clones from Brawl (except for Ganondorf and Falco, who were Luigified [Luigification is when a clone becomes a semi-clone in the next game]).

well ive played fighting games most of my life and im pretty used to clones.

I mean some clones can be pretty cool like, ryu and akuma.

maybe the many kyo versions, i mean there is a lot to enjoy in a clone.

via ssb i really like luigi and falco, despite having similar moves to their original, they actually fight a lot differently.

Dr. Javelin said:
wait people main ganondorf?

lol

Not everyone plays competitively like you

i thought you meant "main" as in "main in competitive tournements".

also i don't see why anyone would main ganondorf; even people who know nothing about the strengths/weaknesses of the characters recognize that ganondorf is bad.

and it's not like i have anything against people who use him. i play as ganondorf all the time when i'm just messing around.

I don't care if a character is bad when I play Melee. I can still kick a "high tier" Level 9 Computer's butt, doesn't matter who it is, with Pichu all the time, and I enjoy it like that. Some people are like me and able to satisfyingly defeat their AI opponent.

I never ever play competitively, never wish to, and I can say I main anyone because it's talking about me and what I think.

yeah um, ganodorf was actually a powerful fighter in melee.

Yeah I know. I have experience facing him as an AI opponent :V

Baby Luigi said:
I don't care if a character is bad when I play Melee. I can still kick a "high tier" Level 9 Computer's butt, doesn't matter who it is, with Pichu all the time, and I enjoy it like that. Some people are like me and able to satisfyingly defeat their AI opponent.

I never ever play competitively, never wish to, and I can say I main anyone because it's talking about me and what I think.

Lols. Tier lists have no say in Melee player vs AI. Tier lists are legit when it comes to players with equal skill.
The only time tier lists are legit in casual fights are in Brawl.

Yeah, tier lists don't apply to AI.

Besides. A Pichu player can beat a Fox player. It depends on the player's skill. A well trained Pichu will beat a poorly trained Fox.

But a highly trained Fox will defeat a highly trained Pichu.

well im just saying ganondorf was powerful due to the fact that he isnt quite as slow as other heavy characters and actually quite strong, also has pretty good air moves to boot.

MeltdownKP1 said:
Lols. Tier lists have no say in Melee player vs AI. Tier lists are legit when it comes to players with equal skill.
The only time tier lists are legit in casual fights are in Brawl.

Since when did I ever said that? You're missing the point: some people just don't really give a dang about tier lists and just whale on whoever and main whoever they want, despite their position on the tier list.

Why did I knew someone would just throw out a strawman argument for my post?

Baby Luigi said:
Why did I knew someone would just throw out a strawman argument for my post?
because you always say that people are strawmaning your posts. it's like the first defense you ever use

also i don't really see his post as trying to argue with you, merely pointing out that the tier lists only have meaning in human vs human play

Dr. Javelin said:
because you always say that people are strawmaning your posts. it's like the first defense you ever use

Because I totally know what a strawman is

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Because I totally know what a strawman is
I realize that, but when you use it as your primary counterargument to defend your posts even when the other person wasn't really strawmaning (or barely did), it really loses its power. It's kinda of a "Boy who cried wolf" thing.

Also you have to keep in mind that most people aren't intentionally strawmaning your posts. It's fine to call out strawmans if they are intentionally trying to disprove your post. Most of the time, however (or at least on here), people have simply taken your post the wrong way.

You simply need to clarify your point, not yell "STRAWMAN!" every time someone takes your post the wrong way. Confrontation in this circumstance only serves to make you look like you're really defensive.

Oh, it's something I took personally again.

Crapshoot for me.

Back