NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

10 more minutes, if I've got this right.

come join us on instasych (link is in movie day thread in mj)

MAJORA'S MASK CONFIRMED!!!! I might not get it, but still. It's confimed!!

Ooh, Special Edition for Europe. Not that much cool stuff in it, though.

Huh, they mentioned Diancie. That was nice. Otherwise, a lot of people wouldn't know about it.

Shovel Knight! Shovel Knight!!!! It's out!!

That Monster Hunter stuff was terrifying.

I forgot about Codename STEAM. It might be pretty good. Not a big fan of strategy, but who knows?

Captain Toad is delayed. Oh, well.

DUCK HUNT! Everyone knew it was going to happen, though.

Ooh, the Spinner is in Hyrule Warriors. That looks like fun, when I get my Wii U back.

Miyamoto!

And Splatoon has single player. Thank god. Take that, Titanfall!

King Antasma said:
meh, mario kart 8 was the highlight of that direct for me.

no paper mario again, seriously. it's about dang time they announce it

They only announced one new game. Generally, they don't reveal too many new games in Nintendo Directs. They just tell you about games that are already announced.

OMG MAJOR'S MASK

I'LL FINALLY GET TO PLAY THIS GAME

WOOOOOO

B1tcoCtCIAE08SN.jpg:large

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

also ice shovel knight JUST CAME OUT YOU CAN GET IT NOW

Paul Heyman said:
also ice shovel knight JUST CAME OUT YOU CAN GET IT NOW
Okay, this is legitimately the only thing of interest from that Direct for me.

Now I need to scout its price and gather quick funds, Tales of Abyss shall be pushed back for now.

King Antasma said:
Even worse for someone who only really cares about Mario content

That's a shame because you're missing out on some great games.

Watched the direct expecting a summer release date for Kirby, get one for February instead.

Everything went better than expected although it's a shame they only talked about the multiplayer mode. I expect a nintendo direct in January for more on Kirby, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Mario Maker.

GalacticPetey said:
King Antasma said:
New Super Mario said:
Kind of a meh direct honestly
Which is a shame since there hasn't been a normal one since E3

Even worse for someone who only really cares about Mario content
img

Give in to the Zelda hype.
no Mario is the only good video game series everything else is a mistake

Few spongebob games, demo of Zelda Skyward Sword at walmart, luigi's mansion (technically a mario game but it was one I didn't really get into), a couple older zelda games on the gameboy, some shooters on the xbox, etc etc

To be fair I probably didn't enjoy the gameboy games because older games don't age too well for me. For skyward sword and luigi's mansion the gameplay just didn't suit me, the shooters sure as hell didn't hook me, the only ones I still play occasionally are the spongebob ones, because they were among my first games and are nostalgic for me.

But on the few occasions I strayed from Mario I ended up not enjoying it too well, so that's why I stick within that franchise.

King Antasma said:
But on the few occasions I strayed from Mario I ended up not enjoying it too well, so that's why I stick within that franchise.

keyword: few

King Antasma said:
I think you and other people had statement before, but this is a case of "I tried a few things and just generalized about things and decided to continue tuckering inside the protection of my shell".

Try exploring more, that's my advice. Just a bit more.

Paul Heyman said:

I will preorder this

Majora's Mask is and stays the best Zelda and this will be the third copy of it that I'll get :D

I mean like seriously

look at that fucking cover

it's like the best cover ever.

Can't argue with that. The cover really is awesome.

Back