Overrated Mario Characters

So apparently, according to this thread, the formula is like this:

Character I hate = Overrated character.

Solar Blaze said:
I don't outright hate Bowser, I just feel that he's way overused. Plus, like I said before, he's not the great of a villain. He's far better at being an anti-hero, like in most of the RPGs.

Solar Blaze said:
Solar Blaze said:
I don't outright hate Bowser, I just feel that he's way overused. Plus, like I said before, he's not the great of a villain. He's far better at being an anti-hero, like in most of the RPGs.

Bowser and Mario are in the dumps sometimes cuz you see them together too much

Anser said:
So apparently, according to this thread, the formula is like this:

Character I hate = Overrated character.

That's exactly the vibe I'm getting

I mean, I despise Birdo but nearly everyone does.

For all the overrated characters out there, I can at least see why people like them, Waluigi...is not one of them. He has no backstory, he just shows up at a tennis tournament alongside Wario one day and immediately starts a rivalry with Luigi for no clear reason. No personality, Wario at least has greed, gluttony, selfish reasons for his heroic acts, some credit as a villain and DOHIMISSED.

Randy Cunningham said:
For all the overrated characters out there, I can at least see why people like them, Waluigi...is not one of them. He has no backstory.
We owe this success to Miyamoto who insists on not having Waluigi and others in RPGs and Wario games.

Randy Cunningham said:
For all the overrated characters out there, I can at least see why people like them, Waluigi...is not one of them. He has no backstory, he just shows up at a tennis tournament alongside Wario one day and immediately starts a rivalry with Luigi for no clear reason. No personality, Wario at least has greed, gluttony, selfish reasons for his heroic acts, some credit as a villain and DOHIMISSED.

I don't know, man, I don't like Baby Luigi because he has an interesting back-story. I just like him cuz he's adorable <:

Sometimes in the world of overretedness its :waluigi:>everyone

Dimentio64 said:
Fawful, Geno, and Dimentio are overrated among the fanbase I suppose, but horribly underrated among Nintendo employees

I think those characters deserve the support they get. They're really cool.

Bowser has every one of them beat in the "overrated" department, among both the fans and the developers.

I think Luigi is way, way overrated in a lot of the fanbase. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those people too. But its annoying to hear the ocean of "Luigi is always in Mario's shadow" and "Luigi is underrated" and "Mario sucks".

Waldotuber said:
I think Luigi is way, way overrated in a lot of the fanbase. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those people too. But its annoying to hear the ocean of "Luigi is always in Mario's shadow" and "Luigi is underrated" and "Mario sucks".
True, true.

And then, people turn their backs around and call Mario overrated.

Mudkip said:
I think Luigi and Mario should have the same fanbase, not the former being more popular,
That's difficult to control. It's like Toad and Toadette should weigh the same in developers' brains. I think it doesn't matter if fanbases don't attack each other or ask Nintendo to favor their favorites without reasons.

Mudkip said:
I think Luigi and Mario should have the same fanbase, not the former being more popular,
Except I don't want a fanbase with a sizeable portion of rabid Mario fangirls and fanboys.

I am a rabid Mario (the character) fan, but not a rabid Mario (the character) fangirl. That's a difference.

Umbreon said:

^This. Mario and Luigi have always been pictured as equals in my eyes. Nintendo should have them both as the stars of the series.

Harbertus said:
I love Mario as a silent protagonist. A game character that doesn't have a complex personally and remains silent makes me, the player, feel more in control. Same thing goes with the Zelda-series - If Link would talk, then I'd feel less like playing through my own adventure. I think that's the beauty with Nintendo games.

Agreed. I actually love that about the Mario series and Nintendo games in general. Besides, you have less fans arguing and whining over voice acting *glares at the rabid Sonic fans*.

MarioLuigi25 said:
Besides, you have less fans arguing and whining over voice acting *glares at the rabid Sonic fans*.

Yeah I really hate that but that hasn't been a problem because of a complex personality. It's just Sonic fans in general.

There's no complaining about voice acting because there is next to no voice acting in Mario games.

If there was, I guarantee you we would all have divided opinions on it.

Dr. Javelin said:
There's no complaining about voice acting because there is next to no voice acting in Mario games.

If there was, I guarantee you we would all have divided opinions on it.

Actually, I think Rosalina's voice actresses caused only some concern

And does she speak a lot in her games? I didn't think so.

Sonic characters, on the other hand, have enough dialogue to the point where the voice actor actually matters.

I dunno, I've seen Sonic fans complain over Jason Griffith well, just because he's from 4kids rather than any other good reason.

Baby Luigi said:
I dunno, I've seen Sonic fans complain over Jason Griffith well, just because he's from 4kids rather than any other good reason.

And then when they switched the voice cast again for Colors people complained.

Back