Your Worst Mario Characters

Baby Rosalina was a joke we Mario Kart fans made about when that direct that showcased the two hidden characters came.

It. Was. Supposed. A. Joke.

But nope, apparently, Nintendo thought that making fanmade deviantart characters official was a splendid idea and now the joke's on us. Oh and also Pink Gold Peach but she's got the more extreme "WTF WERE THEY THINKING" thing going for her and therefore she's hilarious that way.

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Rosalina was a joke we Mario Kart fans made about when that direct that showcased the two hidden characters came.

It. Was. Supposed. A. Joke.

But nope, apparently, Nintendo thought that making fanmade deviantart characters official was a splendid idea and now the joke's on us. Oh and also Pink Gold Peach but she's got the more extreme "WTF WERE THEY THINKING" thing going for her and therefore she's hilarious that way.

Speaking of Pink Gold Peach, they can't bring in great characters like Birdo, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong or King K. Rool, yet bring in a lazy Peach recolour?!

I think it was again , very obvious that the reason there's PGP and Baby Rosalina is because they are faster to make happen than any other character.

PGP is Peach , just different textures/Materials and voice clips.

Baby Rosalina is Baby Peach , just altered to match Rosalina.

Those being the last 2 characters screams the fact that there was no more time left in development for another character.

Going by that logic , they are ''passable''

HOWEVER , including Cat Peach , Tanooki Mario and Dry Bowser of all people IS UNFORGIVEVABLE.

Extra development time and money from consumers just for that??????

Yeah no thanks , those were insulting and i would imagine people only bought them because of the tracks. If they werent bundled , nobody would have cared.

Hey I love dry Bowser. At least he had significance outside mario kart. Besides he was playable in Wii.

ArthurEngine said:
I'm probably going to get stomped on for this, but I never really liked Hammer Bro. I mean he's just too difficult to defeat as a main ground enemy! And not to mention that voice he's had since Mario Smash Football! God that voice! His "HELLO!!!!", "Yo-YO!!" give me an ear sore!
People like Hammer Bros? I mean I like most of all the koopas design-wise, but as an enemy, hammer bros give me ptsd of the most extreme. Especially The Lost Levels Hammer Bros... ... ...

Swiftie_Luma said:
I think it was again , very obvious that the reason there's PGP and Baby Rosalina is because they are faster to make happen than any other character.

PGP is Peach , just different textures/Materials and voice clips.

Baby Rosalina is Baby Peach , just altered to match Rosalina.
Animations take some time to do, too.

Swiftie_Luma said:
HOWEVER , including Cat Peach , Tanooki Mario and Dry Bowser of all people IS UNFORGIVEVABLE.

Extra development time and money from consumers just for that??????

Yeah no thanks , those were insulting and i would imagine people only bought them because of the tracks. If they werent bundled , nobody would have cared.

Far more people (both fans and casuals) hate Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, and even Rosalina than Cat Peach, Tanooki Mario, and Dry Bowser.

Two of them are more or less forgotten, and the other one is more or less generally liked and actually has a basis beyond Mario Kart.

More people dislike Rosalina than those three? I don't know, maybe in sheer numbers, but proportionally, doesn't seem like it.

They do, because she's in far more games than any of them. Hell, one of the things people gave Mario Kart 8 crap about when it started off was that Rosalina was the new Funky Kong for being everywhere online.

Sounds like the haters are just really vocal that Rosalina is well-liked. This pretty much contradicts what you said; if people hated Rosalina more than those roster fodders then why is she playable in so much games nowadays, and why is she used a decent-amount of times in them, and why does she get a ton of fan art? Unlike Morton, who's used a lot in online Mario Kart 8?

Rosalina is just the new Daisy, a generally liked popular character who gets enormous amount of hate.

People don't care about Cat Peach or Tanooki Mario because they're just Peach and Mario in furry suits. Same with the metal reskins.

afaik, speaking purely from anecdotes, it doesn't seem like people are ambivalent about Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario. Though Tanooki Mario has a slight edge to some people, they're still generally disliked because they're roster fodder and did nothing to Mario Kart 8's roster. I like Tanooki Mario a lot, but I don't like seeing fans of Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, and Birdo get upset like that, especially in such a big Mario Kart game.

Anyway, I'm still betting the haters are just a vocal minority. Sounds like it. People who like Rosalina just don't go on forums and talk about how awesome she is.

You can make the same argument for a lot of Mario characters. It's only some who are actually hated more than liked, or some just outright ignored.

Far more people (both fans and casuals) hate Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, and even Rosalina

You lost me there.

Rosalina is just the new Daisy, a generally liked popular character who gets enormous amount of hate.

lol? Daisy has never been popular , in what world are you living fam?

Not gonna bother reading more.

In places I go to, I've seen a mountain of contempt for Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach. I also see some jealousy for Rosalina, but the typical targets seem to be, in this order, from most disliked to least disliked: Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, Cat Peach, Tanooki Mario, Metal Mario, Dry Bowser. Hard for the 2nd-4th characters, but Tanooki Mario is less disliked than Cat Peach when compared to each other.

I've seen more contempt for Daisy than Rosalina if anything, but you made that comparison of them to each other already. My point is, I don't think Rosalina is quite like Daisy because people who back Rosalina tend to have stronger reasons (Super Mario Galaxy, a backstory, stands out from Peach), which unfortunately does ultimately lend to how Nintendo treats Rosalina compared to Daisy, but they're still reasons. Daisy is just... she appears in a lot of games. She's tomboyish... but not really. She's a bit more rambunctious, though!

I can't really make the same argument for all Mario characters, because from my limited experience, I've seen more disdain toward those characers I listed previously compared to, say, Donkey Kong. And I've seen the occasional complaint about Mario being playable in everything and is boring and should get cut and he abuses Luigi, and it apparently outnumbers people who praise him, but does this make Mario more disliked than liked?

I honestly feel that whoever dislikes Rosalina is just nitpicking.

And yeah , that sounds super biased coming from me , but being real there's nothing off about Rosalina and many people remember her dearly thanks to her backstory and the game she came from , which is also one of the most popular Mario games.

Daisy is fine , but to say she is on Rosalina's level is just not true. She gets way more hate than Peach and Rosalina combined.

Swiftie_Luma said:
lol? Daisy has never been popular , in what world are you living fam?

Not gonna bother reading more.

Thanks for confirming you never played Mario Kart Wii, 7, or Double Dash. Because in Wii especially, the only character you'd see more than Funky or Miis was Daisy and her baby self.

She was abused for her stats. The tiny inconsequential speed boost.

How was Rosalina abused for her stats in any way?

Like Baby Luigi said, Daisy was abused for her stats and so was Funky Kong

Looks like it was you who never played MKWii.

Same goes for any other game you mentioned

Everybody hates Daisy in DD for HI IM DAISY spamming every second.

The character who got abused in MK7 was Metal Mario , Daisy is just as rare as Peach is online.

Rosalina was never abused until MK8.

And yet , your point does not work because she shares stats with Roy , Link , Dk and Waluigi.

People still pick Rosalina even if they could perfectly pick any of the above instead of her , and thats because they like her more not because of her stats considering that she is not even ''the best'' or the most spammed , Morton Koopa is the most abused in MK8.

Back