Least favorite Mario Kart game?

Which Mario Kart game is your least favorite?

• Super Mario Kart

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Mario Kart 64

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Mario Kart DS

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Mario Kart Wii

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Mario Kart 7

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
Super Mario Kart

I seem to always hate the first installment of most franchises...

Zae said:
also i seem to hear lots of bad crap about 7.

How bad is it exactly?

It lacks content and it has an archaic unlock system. Also the local multiplayer sucks ass.

I can see why they did the unlock system like they did, but it is annoying. I'd prefer to be rewarded for doing good time trials and grand prixs, rather than collecting Coins which is already an incentive because they speed you up.

The coin cap is the most problematic thing though. To reach 20,000 of them which is unlocking the last gold part, you need to do more than 5,000 races. That's ridiculous. Another method is VR but I don't freaking play online.

It's even worse with all the items that make you lose three coins. It's so annoying to get hit by Lightning and lose some coins right before the finish line, for example.

Agreed, you shouldn't be penalized for unavoidable things like that, hitting bananas and maybe shells I'd understand, but that.

uh...wow.

That does sound pretty damn terrible. I think thats one mario kart game ill just outright avoid.

Nintendo could have make coin collection easier by not limiting to 10 maximum a race, but counting each coin you get, regardless of having already 10 coins.

I'm amazed there are so many votes for 64. Like, wow, I adored that game. Each to their own, I guess.

The ones I have played the least are SMK, SC and DS and out of those my least favourite was probably SMK. I had a had time trying to get used to the controls and didn't really like any of the course designs.

Out of the ones I've played the living death out of (64, DD, Wii, 7), my least favourite was probably Wii because it was so darn broken. Like, half the vehicles (the karts) weren't even viable in races because with snaking gone they had no way of keeping up with the bikes. Also, the items were just way too hectic for my liking. I truly feel 7 is the manifestation of what Wii should have been.

Agreed, you shouldn't be penalized for unavoidable things like that, hitting bananas and maybe shells I'd understand, but that.
If you don't get penalised it might as well not be there to begin with. I actually loved the fact that 64 battle, for instance, didn't have a blue shell or lightning.

Which Mario Kart game is your least favorite?

Demidevimon said:
I've only played 3 DS, Wii and 7. And whilst I enjoyed all 3 I'd say DS was my favourite

8ylaBrB.jpg

Agumon said:
My least favorite is the DS one. As soon as I started playing it, is was more or less board of it. I don't particularily know what the problem is.
I know, it gets too much praise.

Mr. L rocks! said:
Agumon said:
My least favorite is the DS one. As soon as I started playing it, is was more or less board of it. I don't particularily know what the problem is.

does it though

Agumon said:
Mr. L rocks! said:
Agumon said:
How? If it wasn't for the mission mode, I would never played it.

Huh, and I always thought people played Mario Kart DS for racing and battling, not for Mission Mode. Mission Mode for me is eh at best. It's just like Event Matches in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but duller. The boss battles are nice, though, but I don't like how you're forced to be a certain character.

Mario Party X said:
Agumon said:
Mr. L rocks! said:
Agumon said:
How? If it wasn't for the mission mode, I would never played it.

Huh, and I always thought people played Mario Kart DS for racing and battling, not for Mission Mode. Mission Mode for me is eh at best. It's just like Event Matches in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but duller. The boss battles are nice, though, but I don't like how you're forced to be a certain character.
It is, but I felt that the racing was so lackluster, the mission mode was much more engaging. For me.

I never owned Super Circuit but a friend lent it to me and I didn't like it much at all.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Its just, so weird and boring. And I accidentally pressed Super Mario Kart on the poll. -_- :

Super Circuit is underrated IMO. I think it deserves more love than what it actually gets. I love all the games in the Mario Kart, but if I had to choose my least favorite, it would probably have to be Super Mario Kart. The AI in that game is beyond cheap. The computers can race pretty much perfectly and the fact that the turning controls are horrible don't exactly help the situation.

Mario Kart Wii for its bad vehicles (especially the bikes) and the choice of the retro courses just made me disappointed. The game also bored me much.

World10 said:
Mario Kart Wii for its bad vehicles (especially the bikes) and the choice of the retro courses just made me disappointed. The game also bored me much.

True dat, but i voted SMK

Back