Least favorite Mario Kart game?

Which Mario Kart game is your least favorite?

• Super Mario Kart

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Mario Kart 64

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Mario Kart DS

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Mario Kart Wii

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Mario Kart 7

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Cheeze

Blooper
With Mario Kart 8 coming soon, I thought it would be a good idea to make this poll. Not counting the arcade games, which Mario Kart game is your least favorite?

Sadly, I've only played three of them. MKDD, MKDS, and MKW are the three games I've played. Of the three, I'd say my least favorite is MKDD. I like the team concept, but I could never find anyone to play this game with. I also thought this game lacked a few things like single player Vs mode, more tracks, and online. It's not a bad game, but it's my least favorite of the Mario Kart games I've played.

super mario kart.

shit visually, shit musically besides rainbow road, shit tracks, cant say much for roster since it was the first.

As you can see i think it's shit.

Mario Kart 64

The controls suck, the character and item graphics are barf inducing (especially when Diddy Kong Racing came out in the same system looking a million times better) on the 3D courses, the physics suck

But the cream of the crapcake is the AI. This is like the worst racer AI in Mario Kart history. Only Super Mario Kart is a formidable opponent to how godawful the AI is. It's freaking painful to play through this game when you have an AI on your tail as if you've got freaking bait and their hungry for it.

I've only played 3 DS, Wii and 7. And whilst I enjoyed all 3 I'd say DS was my least favourite

Mario Kart 64 had terrible AI that trail behind you, even in 50cc. In higher levels, they can speed ahead and then you can't catch up to them any more. If you think Super Circuit's controls are bad, Mario Kart 64's controls are even worse. Not to mention, the gameplay itself feels slow.

Mario Party X said:
Mario Kart 64 had terrible AI that trail behind you, even in 50cc. In higher levels, they can speed ahead and then you can't catch up to them any more. If you think Super Circuit's controls are bad, Mario Kart 64's controls are even worse. Not to mention, the gameplay itself feels slow.

I agree with this one, the controls are quite bad; everytime I play, it makes me mad. In childhood, it used to be my favorite game, but now it just doesn't feel the same.

I used to like Mario Kart 64 too. One of the first video games I ever played. I used to love it. Now I really hate how cheap it is.

YoYoYoshi said:
Of the three, I'd say my least favorite is MKDD. I like the team concept, but I could never find anyone to play this game with. I also thought this game lacked a few things like single player Vs mode, more tracks, and online. It's not a bad game, but it's my least favorite of the Mario Kart games I've played.
You expect a Gamecube game to have online play?

The Boulder said:
YoYoYoshi said:
Of the three, I'd say my least favorite is MKDD. I like the team concept, but I could never find anyone to play this game with. I also thought this game lacked a few things like single player Vs mode, more tracks, and online. It's not a bad game, but it's my least favorite of the Mario Kart games I've played.

Gamecube can be online with lan adapter

The Boulder said:
YoYoYoshi said:

It's not only that is the problem with his opinion. He said there isn't a single player Vs mode yet despite that the series hadn't thought up of the mechanic yet (even though Super Circuit had a Quick Run mode but it isn't called "Vs" per se. More tracks? 16 tracks was the standard before retro tracks were introduced. He should stop comparing the game to Mario Kart DS, a game later into the Mario Kart series.

Ness said:
The Boulder said:
YoYoYoshi said:

Gamecube can be online with lan adapter

Which is called local play, but with different screens. That's not the online people are thinking about.

Super Circuit.

Mario Party X said:

I don't see anything wrong with the controls in Mario Kart 64. Even the heavyweights are handy.

Mario Kart 64, it's cheating AI really don't get why people love this game, it's horrible.

Oh and that ONM article on the top ten GBA games it said the the Super Circuit entry that everyone loved this game.

Super Circuit, though Mario Kart 64 is also pretty bad.

The only reason I voted for Super Circuit is because Super Mario Kart started it all and so I am not so harsh on it. And the music in 64 is noticeable, especially rainbow road. And all the others I just simply like and enjoy. I didn't find anything enjoyable in Super Circuit.

NSY said:
Mario Kart 64, it's cheating AI really don't get why people love this game, it's horrible.

Oh and that ONM article on the top ten GBA games it said the the Super Circuit entry that everyone loved this game.

I'm sure people are comparing Super Circuit to other games out of context

Baby Luigi said:
The Boulder said:
YoYoYoshi said:

It's not only that is the problem with his opinion. He said there isn't a single player Vs mode yet despite that the series hadn't thought up of the mechanic yet (even though Super Circuit had a Quick Run mode but it isn't called "Vs" per se. More tracks? 16 tracks was the standard before retro tracks were introduced. He should stop comparing the game to Mario Kart DS, a game later into the Mario Kart series.

Remember that I've only played three Mario Kart games, with Double Dash being the earliest one I've played. I didn't know that the earlier games shared the same 16 track concept. Later games threw that concept out the window. As for Vs mode, there's no excuse NOT to have it. Crash Team Racing was a gem thanks to having a single player Vs mode where you don't have to worry about point accumulation. Just have fun and mess around with no penalty. That's not the only reason why I think CTR is a gem. There are other reasons, but this topic isn't about CTR. I'll just leave it at that. Online should've been possible with this game. The PS2 (a console in the same generation as the GC) had online capabilities, so why not GC?

Note that this is just my opinion. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to pelt me with banana peels. Learn to respect my opinion. I respect yours, so I expect the same thing in return.

i hope you realize the only gc game ever to have online was phantasy star online lmao

nintendo was pretty anti-online then too and never rolled with it.

besides many not too many ps2 games used online either, and most of them were pretty shitty anyway.

Zae said:
i hope you realize the only gc game ever to have online was phantasy star online lmao

besides many not too many ps2 games used online either, and most of them were pretty *bleep*ty anyway.

Hot Shots Golf Fore (PS2) had awesome online.

I've only played 64, GCN, DS, Wii, and 3DS.

So I would have to say 3DS/7. 64 was broken, but I loved the courses and all the races. 7 was just...lame in my honest opinion. Like, there wasn't much replay value in some of the courses (new courses I am mostly talking about).

YoYoYoshi said:
Zae said:

besides many not too many ps2 games used online either, and most of them were pretty *bleep*ty anyway.

Hot Shots Golf Fore (PS2) had awesome online.

pretty sure i said most incase you didnt notice.

because most online games for ps2 were pretty meh since online for consoles at the time wasnt really big, some games did okay i guess like champions of norrath return to arms and monster hunter, but for the most part it was a pretty eh scenario.

somewhat on topic

also i seem to hear lots of bad crap about 7.

How bad is it exactly?

Back