The School Fads

MKGirlism said:
Magic (Card Game).

I wish this was still popular, i know almost nobody who knows how to play, and the person who showed me how to play, only person i know that plays, doesn't play anymore.

Cup Song thing has been a fad for a couple months here.

One direction was also a big thing for like 1-2 months.

Mason said:
we'd always draw this fuckin S

BTFiwMk.png

and the teachers would be like STAHP THAT'S A GANG SYMBOL

I remember this, only one kid draw this

Yu-gi-oh cards
-Primary School, we played it so much that they banned it.
Bakugan
-Primary School, we would trade them and someone wanted theres back after a fair trade and then they were banned
Harlem Shake
-High School, recently everyone wanted to make their own but everybody knew how stupid it was and never did it.
Gangnam Style
-High School, about a month after it actually came out they acted like it was brand new and they found it before it was popular.
DragonVale (ios game)
-High School, it was a cool game where you bred dragons and put them on display and they would collect money. It stayed around for about 9 months
Modern Combat 3 (ios game)
-High School, it was pretty much ios call of duty. It was pretty fun but after holidays it became neglected. I have a feeling me getting good at the game put people off. Nobody wants to be beaten by the loser.
Minecraft
-High School, still going. It's popular because people like entering other peoples servers and wrecking shit. Usually the owner makes them invisible though.

ahahah banning yugioh cards

reminds me of elementary school

pokemon got so popular you couldn't even say "pokemon" because the teachers wouldn't allow it

although yugioh had some fans too but pokemon (games and cards) were the big deal

man i haven't thought about that in a long time

Oh yeah, in Primary school we went through a phase of drawing on our hands, thinking it was cool. However, when I joined in my mum saw and went mad.
Whenever me or my brother draw on our hands/arms she gives us a lecture about 'if you were drawing on your hands it means you wern't concentrating on your work'.

Morgan said:
ahahah banning yugioh cards

reminds me of elementary school

pokemon got so popular you couldn't even say "pokemon" because the teachers wouldn't allow it

although yugioh had some fans too but pokemon (games and cards) were the big deal

man i haven't thought about that in a long time

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.

minecraft and cod are fads in my school. but now pokemon is getting a little more popular here.

Yugioh cards and pokemon cards were banned at my primary school as well.
So was the clapping song/game 'Tic Tac Toe' (not the paper game) As it involved one person hitting the other at the end.

There's a handful of swag asshats waltzing around my school sporting fake gauges and piercings or just dye their hair in ridiculous colors in attempt fit in with the rocker/emo/punk/gothic (I honestly don't know anymore) groups in our school. I really freaking hate these posers. They're get on my last damned nerve. Sometimes they would sit in our lunch table and rudely disrupt our conversation with their own painfully loud and annoying gossip sessions, while staring at us during the whole process.

And it's been going on for a whole year and hasn't died down.

_ said:
There's a handful of swag asshats waltzing around my school sporting fake gauges and piercings or just dye their hair in ridiculous colors in attempt fit in with the rocker/emo/punk/gothic (I honestly don't know anymore) groups in our school. I really freaking hate these posers. They're get on my last danged nerve. Sometimes they would sit in our lunch table and rudely disrupt our conversation with their own painfully loud and annoying gossip sessions, while staring at us during the whole process.

And it's been going on for a whole year and hasn't died down.

are they also listening to loud music that is considered "cool"? and when you say it sucks they go bat-shit crazy? and when the fad dies out they say they never liked it and it sucks? and when you ask why it sucks they sing a single sentence of the song in an extremely weird and stupid voice? welcome to my school.

pretty much.

welcome to the world of bigotry
where everyone with a brain suffers from misanthropy

Actually most of the people trying to be funny or cool always say swag, yolo or yoloswag. It's pretty stupid.

I remember in elementary school towards 5th grade, some people - not me - were doing the "sissy test", in which they would use an eraser on their arm and see how tough they are by scratching it against their skin.

I only found out about it because the teacher revealed it to everyone in class and told them not to do it. Better than a razor to the wrist, but still, ouch...

In Sec. 2 (aka Grade 8, but we call it Sec. for Secondary), One Direction was all the rage. I know people skipped school for getting tickets and stuff. Then 69 and YOLO terms happened. -__-

Also I remember people skipped school to buy and try out CoD: Black Ops.

And the beginning of this year (Sec. 3, aka Grade 9), Gangnam Style was the only song that was ever mentioned. Then Harlem Shake.

All this annoyed me.

YOLO was never really a thing in my school, the fad we have is actually making fun of YOlO and swag and stuff.

The teachers hate it so much.

One time a kid came in with a white shirt and wrote yolo and swag for life all over it. It was hilarious.

I always love pointing out that YOLO actually uses atrocious grammar

You Only Live Once<<<<You Live Only Once

cryoAwakening said:
Swag and Yolo is definitely a big one at our school too.

Swag was more popular during the beginning of 8th grade (last year) by the looks of it, where people would say "SWAG" at random points. These days, it just seems to be used to define someone's "cool".

YOLO isn't really a fad at my school, though.

the only people who seem to honestly care about swag and wear clothes that say it are philipinos and other aisians here

which is kind of unfortunate because I think they're just trying to fit in and dont really know people here dont care about it

School fads. Heh. I never partook in any. I was that anti-social individual who'd get bullied a lot.

It did annoy me, that's for sure.

Back