The School Fads

It always bugs me when people go completely bananas over some popular item that was from like anicent times or was just newly designed and then revive it for like three months before people just completely forget about it.

Like, over the past several years, we have had silly bands (the ones that have shapes), friendship bracelets, and now Kendamas.

What fads are currently/has happened at your school?

I remember those times when these WC Football promotions where popular.

small86925688-ah_wuppies.png

In the right order of time, starting from Elementary School, to University:
Pokémon Trading Cards.
Harry Potter.
Yu-Gi-Oh Cards.
Magic (Card Game).
Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

And I forgot about the "frustrating teachers" part, it was somewhere between Magic and SSBB, and it was an actual Fad.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
i remember when people gave a shit about jersey shore

nope, can't remember a single moment jersey shore was popular here

our whole state kind of disowned them

my grade had an obsession with making memes about our school

it kinda died down though

Having holes in the knees of your jeans and in first grade, people liked picking at the areas underneath their eyelids.

Also, Pokemon was all the rage for about a year.

I remember the time where nearly all girls in my middle school were carrying a hideous black book of the Twilight series

Baby Luigi said:
I remember the time where nearly all girls in my middle school were carrying a hideous black book of the Twilight series

They just swapped it out with the Hunger Games. Good choice ladies.

I remember when mo-hawks used to be really in style when I was in late Elementary school.

For a few months recently, Harlem Shake was definitely a big thing, but I barely hear about it now.

There was some minor fads like Portal and Homestuck at our school, but it died out over the years...

Gangnam Style, Coldplay, and Harlem Shake were pretty widespread in high school.

cryoAwakening said:

That's not much better, in my opinion, though it reminds me that the book was pretty popular in AP Psych.

Mario4Ever said:
Gangnam Style, Coldplay, and Harlem Shake were pretty widespread in high school.

cryoAwakening said:

That's not much better, in my opinion, though it reminds me that the book was pretty popular in AP Psych.

Yeah, Hunger Games is definitely a good book, but I don't know if it deserves that much hype over how depressing it really is.

Also, can't I forgot this, but the Beiber Fever thing that has happened over the past few years. No one really even likes him anymore.

The worlds hardest game, back in the day.

Now... Horsemeat riot referances. I mean, I saw the chance to mention it in an economics exam and took it, half the class did as well.

Kendamas are an American fad now?

cool i guess

Can I count Game of Thrones as one? Because everyone's obsessed with it right now.

Back