• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Sonja said:
Northern Verve said:
Glitchy said:
So Smash 4 is hackable now? Is it easy to do? If it is, I would want to do some music hacks.

So far only Music replacement is really easy right now

Simply have an SD Card (Very similar to how you put files on for Project M) and go through these instructions:

1. Make a new folder in the SD Card and name it 0005000010144F00
2. Make another folder within that sound
3. Make one more folder within that folder and name it bgm
4. Gather all the song you want from smashcustommusic.com (You can't just drag your Project M music files in. Smash 4 music files are on a different filetype) saving all ones you want as NUS3BANK files and place them in the bgm folder on the SD Card
5. On your Wii U head to the Internet Browser and go to http://loadiine.ovh/index.php?l=777 (You may also want to bookmark it)
6. In the tab that says "Select your program" select SDCafiine + Kernel and Submit. It will briefly go to a video player before putting you at the Gamepad's pause menu.
7. Quickly go back to the Internet Browser (It's recommended you have the site bookmarked for getting there faster. There is a period of time where if you take too long you have to do Step 5 and/or 6 again)
8. Once again a video player will pop up again and it will then bring you to a prompt telling you to press A. Of course, press A there. You will then be back at the pause menu
9. Go to the Wii U menu and select Smash. And you're done!

It might be a good idea to get a text document on your computer detailing what you replaced with what. Because with this method there's no way to rename songs but otherwise you will have the music you want in Smash 4. And you can fit My Music to what you see fit. Note you will have to repeat Steps 5-9 if you want to keep playing with Custom music everytime you play Smash. It's a minor annoyance but if you love having your own music you won't mind it at all in time.

That's great, I definitely need to try this sometime soon!
But there's a better way of having Custom Music without having to replace the original music files. Use Sm4shExplorer, but one problem is you have to dump the game and that can take hours to do so, I had no luck trying it, but I managed to get Sm4shExplorer working by finding a couple files online.
Loading that onto your Wii U is pretty much the same as the method above. I was also able to rearrange my CSS as well using Sm4shExplorer.

You should use Sm4shExplorer regardless, that let's you play 8 player smash on all stages

Baby Luigi said:
You should use Sm4shExplorer regardless, that let's you play 8 player smash on all stages

Competitive Smash has consumed me, but for real? Can you remove hazards for 8-player smash on the other stages?

Yeah, for real.

As far as I'm concerned, the hack doesn't remove stage hazards. It just lets you play on the stages as is in 8 player smash.

YoshiGo99 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Competitive Smash has consumed me, but for real? Can you remove hazards for 8-player smash on the other stages?
Striker Mario said:
I downloaded this, then I used Sm4shExplorer to pack in the file, and when it created the folder ("release"), the file went in J:\0005000010144F00\patch (where the "release" folder) was renamed to "patch"). Though to use Sm4shExplorer, you need to unpack your game into your computer with the ddd homebrew application, which is explained in this tutorial. Unpacking can take literally hours, like overnight, but I did it in the early afternoon, and I was finished by night.

Totally worth it. :new:
Though stage hazards will still be there. There still isn't any problems with it. And if you really don't want stage hazards, I believe this site has some downloads for hazardless stages including Jungle Hijinx, Norfair, and Midgar. I myself don't use those. It's from the trauma of Project M's stages.

One more thing, if your Smash Wii U updates, you'll have to redump the files. The patch folder Sm4shExplorer generates won't work and therefore, your game can't load. Me, I found this out the hard way.

Anyway, you'll still have to replace files for fanfares and stuff anyhow, so I wouldn't call Sm4shExplorer's method superior. Just a way of putting in MORE music for you game. Yes, that's possible. I believe you can put up to 40 music per stage.

see, i couldn't even think of 40 songs to put on any stage, video game or otherwise

'cept wily castle, but y'know

I also think you can add texture slots rather than replace an existing one, but you'll have to provide your own HUD textures for the character select, the tiny character head, and battle portraits or else you'll get either a blank area where the image is supposed to be or an ugly placeholder texture with an X on it.

I wouldn't put 40 pieces of music in one stage anyway. When I see a stage, I think of certain music, and therefore, I'd like to play that stage with that said music on there.

And besides, music files take up a whole lot of space on the SD card. Probably the most space. Anyway, I also think music style per stage, so we can once again stuff all hip-hop/rap music into our Port Town Aero Drive and not worry about lack of slots... I guess.

But guess what, you can add songs to Midgar! :new:

Oh and also add Fly Me to the Moon in that Bayonetta stage. It's basically screaming for it.

My memory is a bit foggy so apologies if I repeat what someone else said in this thread, but to you modders:

Was recently informed that there is a system update that will affect your mods, change the primary and secondary DNS to 107.211.140.065 to prevent it from occurring.

Huh, I have 004.002.002.001 as my secondary DNS.

I don't understand any of this, lol, but I can't access eShop for starters but I CAN access the Internet.

Anyhow, I changed my secondary DNS to that.

Baby Luigi said:
I wouldn't put 40 pieces of music in one stage anyway. When I see a stage, I think of certain music, and therefore, I'd like to play that stage with that said music on there.
Same, I can't stand that some stages have so much music, some of it doesn't even fit like music on Woolly World, or Onett. I switched some out a balanced them with other stages. I moved Melee music and SM64 main theme from Delfino Plaza to Peach's Castle 64 because it fits more there.

But when Custom stage slots becomes a thing, then that's when adding custom music slots will be a good idea. I've got some of it planned out for Onett already, when they hopefully manage to get Fourside (or New Pork) and Magicant, I will be glad to sort that music out.

damn i might actually try to add music soon, thanks for posting that guide sm

if only so i can play on Colosseum with

looks like a vertex hack

awesome, can't wait until we get a model importer

Trying to beat 8.0 with 3 characters, but I'm having a hard time since Master Fortress is a gigantic pain. Does anyone know the best custom set to use?

I like to use custom sets that deal with healing your character, namely the vampire and auto-healer ones. None are a magic bullet, but those two will go some way into restoring your HP quite a lot, if I recall correctly.

Most will say stock up on defence but I find that having more attack actually helps more, since you can destroy the phases quicker, which means that you are less likely to get hit anyway. Hyper Smash makes this much easier.

Vampire and Auto-Healer are useful as well, like LGM said.

Critical Hitter is one of the best equipment in the game imo

Honestly I hate Classic mode in the Wii U. They really got carried away with the 8 player smash battles, and it's absolute bullshit on 9.0. On top of that, the challenges are ridiculous.

RIP edgy Mario (including his voice)

JOjE7tj.jpg

Also RIP Pac-Man. Death by cape.

There's so much going on in the Sm4sh modding community. I just wanted to drop these here.

I've been doing a lot of modeling and I figured I'd create some potential Smash Bros. stages. This one is Summers from Earthbound. Years ago, someone in the Brawl modding community attempted to make Summers but it never was finished so I decided to try it for myself.
ITUY9ra.png

This one is Hands-On Hall. I got my hands on (punny) the model for the course and it's very high poly and I haven't ever figured out how to use Blender or 3DSMax well enough to work with it. I decided to recreate the model and possibly turn it into a Smash Bros. stage.
In9ipoD.jpg

I just hope that Model Importer comes out soon so i can test these.

EDIT: Here's what has been accomplished for Stage modding: https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/761151075336400897 https://twitter.com/qqqjorge1/status/761485553258815488

i need that goddamn model importer so badly, especially after finding out you can do one-slot voice replacements. that opens up SO much possibilities.

Yeah, that's true.

I currently have a Metal Mario over Dr. Mario, and it's a one-slot voice replacement. Not to mention, this doesn't even HAVE to replace a Dr. Mario slot AND Dr. Mario's voice isn't shared with Mario's voice; it's a completely different file (compare snd_vc_Mario.nus3bank and snd_vc_MarioD.nus3bank)! You can create a 9th slot just for Dr. Mario, slip in a voice replacement for this 9th slot, and once you apply the necessary changes in the character select/battle portraits/etc., you can essentially create a new character in the same way Alph, Male Wii Fit Trainer, and the Koopalings are separate characters.

This is totally unlike Brawl where a voice replacement generally means it affects all recolors, and adding slots isn't as easy.

One issue I'm running into is that if I use this Metal Mario character, the other Dr. Mario characters are mute, but there is a video explaining on dealing with it, so I hope I can solve this problem.

I'm still searching for a mod that enables Star KOs to function as they did in the previous games, though!

Back