Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
The balance team did a horrible job at balancing this time.

Baby Luigi said:

What?! If anything, they deserve a standing ovation. I'm extremely happy about these nerfs because she obviously deserved them.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:

What?! If anything, they deserve a standing ovation. I'm extremely happy about these nerfs because she obviously deserved them.

Not to this extent

And also, they completely neglected the characters that DO need a buff

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:

Not to this extent

And also, they completely neglected the characters that DO need a buff

I will admit that some of the nerfs might be a little exaggerated, but I won't complain because I absolutely hate fighting that woman, so there's bias from my side. I completely agree with you on the other thing, though. Jigglypuff, Palutena and Zelda desperately need more buffs, since the ones they received in 1.1.5 (bar Jigglypuff, who got a whopping none) weren't enough. That's why I think this isn't the final patch. We might get another one in August or September, methinks. That could be the final one.

Meanwhile, I'll keep laughing at everyone who wants Rosalina to be nerfed, and I hope she goes untouched next time too.

... Ok, ok. Her Up Air needs a nerf, yeah. It's unfair and it kills ridiculously early, I'll give you that. Other than that, she's just fine.

via modding our Wii U, we found out technically, every character has their own unique victory theme songs, as opposed to Brawl, where music files are shared between characters.

In my opinion, they should have taken advantage of that and went all the way to provide unique victory theme songs to every character in the game. Maybe it's a bunch of unnecessary time, but it's really weird how their music files are all separate from each other instead of just sharing it.

Baby Luigi said:
via modding our Wii U, we found out technically, every character has their own unique victory theme songs

i got the hang of adding custom music to smash 4

i changed dark pit's victory theme to all hail shadow for maximum edge

That is strange that they don't share them. Personally, I think that a few could've been a bit more unique, such as Bowser, who has the same as Mario, but just a rock cover. (At least, that was what it was the last time I played)

If I had my way, each victory "theme" would be a full-length song.

Yeah, our full length songs replace the results music and I think it fits in pretty nicely

By the way, my twin is using that hack that enables 8 player smash on all stages.

She found out that the limitation is nearly 100% arbitrary (having played on the normal Gamer and Wrecking Crew with 8 player smash enabled, with no slowdowns) and thus Nintendo is a bit of an idiot.

I have never had much more fun.

8EHruNU.jpg

3ijY7vD.jpg

Especially when the Fifty Nifty United States song was playing in Wrecking Crew.

Midna said:
only music hack i need in my life is mt. dedede theme -> boxing ring
Just go one step further and make the boxing ring based of dedede's boxing ring in kirby's dreamland/superstar.

Glitchy said:
So Smash 4 is hackable now? Is it easy to do? If it is, I would want to do some music hacks.

So far only Music replacement is really easy right now

Simply have an SD Card (Very similar to how you put files on for Project M) and go through these instructions:

1. Make a new folder in the SD Card and name it 0005000010144F00
2. Make another folder within that sound
3. Make one more folder within that folder and name it bgm
4. Gather all the song you want from smashcustommusic.com (You can't just drag your Project M music files in. Smash 4 music files are on a different filetype) saving all ones you want as NUS3BANK files and place them in the bgm folder on the SD Card
5. On your Wii U head to the Internet Browser and go to http://loadiine.ovh/index.php?l=777 (You may also want to bookmark it)
6. In the tab that says "Select your program" select SDCafiine + Kernel and Submit. It will briefly go to a video player before putting you at the Gamepad's pause menu.
7. Quickly go back to the Internet Browser (It's recommended you have the site bookmarked for getting there faster. There is a period of time where if you take too long you have to do Step 5 and/or 6 again)
8. Once again a video player will pop up again and it will then bring you to a prompt telling you to press A. Of course, press A there. You will then be back at the pause menu
9. Go to the Wii U menu and select Smash. And you're done!

It might be a good idea to get a text document on your computer detailing what you replaced with what. Because with this method there's no way to rename songs but otherwise you will have the music you want in Smash 4. And you can fit My Music to what you see fit. Note you will have to repeat Steps 5-9 if you want to keep playing with Custom music everytime you play Smash. It's a minor annoyance but if you love having your own music you won't mind it at all in time.

You can also convert from brstm to idsp and then inject idsp into nus3bank, which is how I got nonvideo game songs into there.

http://pastebin.com/tkbEMP91

PREREQUISITES
These files for converting and injecting music - https://mega.nz/#!npdiESiC!zYvppPE2hae4Oi6Na5XvLYKkJdqxmk5XBnMDfM7Mtmc
Python 2.7 installed - https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2711/
The music you want to add in either WAV or BRSTM format
Mods already set up - http://pastebin.com/ES053DpJ

CREATING IDSP FILE
1) If you want your song to loop and it is currently a WAV file, you need to convert it to BRSTM
(there are many guides online on how to do this from the Brawl days) (<- Use BrawlBox)
2) Extract all the archives in the Music Pack you downloaded
3) Copy your WAV/BRSTM into the "Make IDSP" folder
4) Drag and drop it onto "sm4shidspbuild"
5) Wait for the process to complete

INJECTING INTO NUS3BANK
1) Go to smashcustommusic.com, and download a NUS3BANK of any song, over the stage/song you want in Smash.
(it doesn't matter which song, we're just using it for the name and the nus3bank container)
2) Copy your downloaded NUS3BANK and your newly created IDSP into the "Inject into NUS3BANK" folder
3) Rename the IDSP file so it has the same name as the NUS3BANK, without the "sound_bgm_" at the start
(so, for example, if my NUS3BANK is snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank, I'd name my IDSP CRS02_Senjyou.idsp)
4) Shift + rightclick in the "Inject into NUS3BANK" folder and select "Open command window here"
5) In the command window, type "python nus3inject.py <name of NUS3BANK> <name of IDSP> 0x0"
(so, with my previous example, I'd type "python nus3inject.py snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank IDSP CRS02_Senjyou.idsp 0x0")
6) You can now copy it onto your SD card, in the same way you would in the last tutorial

I also made a correction to that guide. See that "IDSP" I struck out? Don't type it.

If you want 8 player smash on all stages uh....hey LGM how did you do it anyway?

I downloaded this, then I used Sm4shExplorer to pack in the file, and when it created the folder ("release"), the file went in J:\0005000010144F00\patch (where the "release" folder) was renamed to "patch"). Though to use Sm4shExplorer, you need to unpack your game into your computer with the ddd homebrew application, which is explained in this tutorial. Unpacking can take literally hours, like overnight, but I did it in the early afternoon, and I was finished by night.

Totally worth it. :new:

Still makes me wonder how the flying hell Nintendo decided that ANY of these stages are "unsuitable" for 8-player Smash. ALL of them are viable smh. But Nintendo is the master of arbitrary restrictions on trying to limit your fun, so I'm not totally surprised.

The download for the 8-player Smash stages isn't wholly complete, though, as it needs to reenable stage hazards for stages that are already available for 8-player Smash, but Nintendo decided to kill fun by removing stage hazards for those stages. Like in Pyrosphere and Gaur Plain.

Northern Verve said:

When UM was teaching me how to do this, he told me I have use the TubeHax DNS. Do I still have to have it that way to use Loadiine or can I just set it back to auto-obtain so I can use the eshop?

As far as I know, TubeHax is a safe measure to block Nintendo's servers from accessing your Wii U. Nintendo can release a patch at any time so your Wii U updates to a firmware version where you can no longer use this exploit. This is why the exploit was "leaked" rather than released: modders cannot risk releasing their kernel exploits and let their hard work go to waste. TubeHax enables you to block Nintendo's server while you can still access other parts of the Internet.

I think you can temporarily disable TubeHax to make a quick trip at the eShop, but remember, Nintendo can release this patch at any time so once you're done with eShop, make sure you reenable TubeHax.

Northern Verve said:
Glitchy said:
So Smash 4 is hackable now? Is it easy to do? If it is, I would want to do some music hacks.

Simply have an SD Card (Very similar to how you put files on for Project M) and go through these instructions:

1. Make a new folder in the SD Card and name it 0005000010144F00
2. Make another folder within that sound
3. Make one more folder within that folder and name it bgm
4. Gather all the song you want from smashcustommusic.com (You can't just drag your Project M music files in. Smash 4 music files are on a different filetype) saving all ones you want as NUS3BANK files and place them in the bgm folder on the SD Card
5. On your Wii U head to the Internet Browser and go to http://loadiine.ovh/index.php?l=777 (You may also want to bookmark it)
6. In the tab that says "Select your program" select SDCafiine + Kernel and Submit. It will briefly go to a video player before putting you at the Gamepad's pause menu.
7. Quickly go back to the Internet Browser (It's recommended you have the site bookmarked for getting there faster. There is a period of time where if you take too long you have to do Step 5 and/or 6 again)
8. Once again a video player will pop up again and it will then bring you to a prompt telling you to press A. Of course, press A there. You will then be back at the pause menu
9. Go to the Wii U menu and select Smash. And you're done!

It might be a good idea to get a text document on your computer detailing what you replaced with what. Because with this method there's no way to rename songs but otherwise you will have the music you want in Smash 4. And you can fit My Music to what you see fit. Note you will have to repeat Steps 5-9 if you want to keep playing with Custom music everytime you play Smash. It's a minor annoyance but if you love having your own music you won't mind it at all in time.

That's great, I definitely need to try this sometime soon!

Back