Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Contra(dictory) said:
Lumastar said:
Lucina said:
where exactly did you find the pic.
You mean my avatar? It's supposedly from the intro cutscene.

Intro cutscene for the demo. The "AKB" on the Mii characters clearly stands for "Akibahara", a location in Japan that likely corresponds to where the demo is taking place. This either means that the actual intro cutscene will feature your own Mii Fighters, or that this is just promotional for that area and the actual intro cutscene will be different.
If it was gameplay footage, then maybe. But this is a pre-rendered cutscene. I can't imagine the Miis on the system would appear in the intro.
The original Super Smash Bros. cutscene changed as you unlocked the hidden four. It's not out of the realm of possibility that your Miis would appear. Also, why would AKB be chosen out of all names?

I explained. AKB = Akibahara = location of the Japanese demo that the video is from.

Lucina said:
i will not be surprised if Robin is top of the tier list and is banned from the tournaments, especially after what a read in the document.
Good Character =/= Banned

He'll have his flaws that people can exploit, banning a character from tournaments rarely happens.

Maki Nishikino said:
Lucina said:
i will not be surprised if Robin is top of the tier list and is banned from the tournaments, especially after what a read in the document.
Good Character =/= Banned

He'll have his flaws that people can exploit, banning a character from tournaments rarely happens.
The only exception being Brawl's Meta Knight, who was just so completely broken a new tier was invented just for him.

GalacticPetey said:
Mewtwo: An event match of some sort.

Impa: Clear classic with Sheik on hard or higher difficulty.

Dixie: Something involving DK and Diddy

Ridley: Clear classic on the highest difficulty with Samus.
Or as usual play vs mode certain amounts of times

Some more info from people playing the game. Sorry that it's a mess.

@weinhofferben

Marth and sonic have no ko moves. Marth killed Kirby with tipper f smash at 125% and sonic kills with up throw spring up throw at 100

Marths tilts are like melees, but you can only rack up 3 hits in a row max for about 18%. Sonic seems slower and has one good aerial.

(marth) down tilt is nerfed also it has less range than megamans slide

luigis dash attack is worse than e3s his aerials seem to have more knockback and up throw short hop up air up tilt up smash is a thing

dedede has been buffed, down throw seems to have set knock back, up tilt is stronger and down smash kills at lower percent.

d3s(dedede) side b goes through jabs but tilts and smash attacks send them back down b is strong but still hard to pull off

Weinhben000: Palutena 0 to death me as mario

megaman is great for playing defensively, lead shield is slow to pop out, crash bomber has decent knock back and does 8-9%

I have found the best megaman combo. Up throw up air up air up b up air is amazing, (D1 asked which percentage is the combo doable. He replies with "I killed sheik and started at 30%"

fox can move out of side b in the air, he doesn't go helpless, up smash is a lot weaker, up air is good again, no jump out of shine

fox feels weaker than brawl, and megaman seems to have to catch you in the air or play the spacing game

dk has a great dash attacks, his forward throw still carries and e can juggle with up air. Side b is sped up a bit and dair is great

Yoshi is buffed soo much. His up air has the electric effect like the falcon knee, up smash is like melee foxs, up b has more range

Yoshi just feels faster and stronger, and his double jump seems to go higher.

like sweet spoting a falcon fair, Yoshi has an up air that does that when you sweet spot it

streamchat: goodnews, ike and pacman are good, bad news they're limiting him and his gf to one match each ike's up smash is faster and his up b goes up a bit more

pacmans down b pits down a fire hydrant and of true under him in the air and you use down b it spikes

pacman is a bit slow but has amazing aerials and side b has invincibility and is a tad hard to direct.

Weinhben000: Diddy has pink white orange blue green grey and black (these are alternate colours i presume)

mario is still good at combos and is apparently also perfect palutena bait. Mario is the same as the e3 build.

falcon is the same but seems better than brawl, he's more like melee falcon. Falcon pinch is faster and easier to reverse.

falcon kick can still help recover, raptor boost is the same but slower, it doesn't grab, and the knee is easier to sweetspot.

pikachu a up b is quicker for whatever reason, side b charges a bit faster, down b is harder to spam and neutral b is a lot faster

@xD1x you'll be happy to know that palutena 0 to deathed me on verismo valley. I got shreked. She did like a 12 hit combo on me as mario

@xD1x your waifu palutena is a godess in uprising and smash 4. Her up throw goes into up air up air and back air amazingly.

palutena has great power on smash attacks down smash sucks all grabs have follow ups either dash attack or aerials recovery is great

she(palutena) has the same color alts as pit

Meta knight sucks, has the galacta knight and dark meta knight alts and up air has cool down

Weinhben000: Palutena is medium speed this would be referring to her movement speed

for all the people confused about fox having a wolf alt it's just fox with wolfs colors, not a full alt.

Weinhben000: No shiny lucario

Weinhben000: Marth sucks

Weinhben000: @D1MX when robin comes up make sure you say that in an aerial smash attack it killed fox at 65%

Weinhben000: We covered meta knight he sucks JUST GOING TO EMPHASIZE THAT "Metaknight" SUCKS IN SMASH 4 APPARENTLY

Weinhben000: I played megaman he's very defensive campy and can't approach for his life and has a dacus

Weinhben000: Viridi colors are a thing on palutena

Weinhben000: Falcon is more like melee

Contra(dictory) said:
Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Contra(dictory) said:
Lumastar said:
Lucina said:
where exactly did you find the pic.
You mean my avatar? It's supposedly from the intro cutscene.
Intro cutscene for the demo. The "AKB" on the Mii characters clearly stands for "Akibahara", a location in Japan that likely corresponds to where the demo is taking place. This either means that the actual intro cutscene will feature your own Mii Fighters, or that this is just promotional for that area and the actual intro cutscene will be different.
If it was gameplay footage, then maybe. But this is a pre-rendered cutscene. I can't imagine the Miis on the system would appear in the intro.
The original Super Smash Bros. cutscene changed as you unlocked the hidden four. It's not out of the realm of possibility that your Miis would appear. Also, why would AKB be chosen out of all names?

I explained. AKB = Akibahara = location of the Japanese demo that the video is from.
I know. I was saying that it would make no sense to have that in every single copy of the game.

GalacticPetey said:
Some more info from people playing the game. Sorry that it's a mess.

@weinhofferben

Marth and sonic have no ko moves. Marth killed Kirby with tipper f smash at 125% and sonic kills with up throw spring up throw at 100

Marths tilts are like melees, but you can only rack up 3 hits in a row max for about 18%. Sonic seems slower and has one good aerial.

(marth) down tilt is nerfed also it has less range than megamans slide

luigis dash attack is worse than e3s his aerials seem to have more knockback and up throw short hop up air up tilt up smash is a thing

dedede has been buffed, down throw seems to have set knock back, up tilt is stronger and down smash kills at lower percent.

d3s(dedede) side b goes through jabs but tilts and smash attacks send them back down b is strong but still hard to pull off

megaman is great for playing defensively, lead shield is slow to pop out, crash bomber has decent knock back and does 8-9%

I have found the best megaman combo. Up throw up air up air up b up air is amazing, (D1 asked which percentage is the combo doable. He replies with "I killed sheik and started at 30%"

fox can move out of side b in the air, he doesn't go helpless, up smash is a lot weaker, up air is good again, no jump out of shine

fox feels weaker than brawl, and megaman seems to have to catch you in the air or play the spacing game

dk has a great dash attacks, his forward throw still carries and e can juggle with up air. Side b is sped up a bit and dair is great

Yoshi is buffed soo much. His up air has the electric effect like the falcon knee, up smash is like melee foxs, up b has more range

Yoshi just feels faster and stronger, and his double jump seems to go higher.

like sweet spoting a falcon fair, Yoshi has an up air that does that when you sweet spot it

streamchat: goodnews, ike and pacman are good, bad news they're limiting him and his gf to one match each ike's up smash is faster and his up b goes up a bit more

pacmans down b pits down a fire hydrant and of true under him in the air and you use down b it spikes

pacman is a bit slow but has amazing aerials and side b has invincibility and is a tad hard to direct.

Weinhben000: Diddy has pink white orange blue green grey and black (these are alternate colours i presume)

mario is still good at combos and is apparently also perfect palutena bait. Mario is the same as the e3 build.

falcon is the same but seems better than brawl, he's more like melee falcon. Falcon pinch is faster and easier to reverse.

falcon kick can still help recover, raptor boost is the same but slower, it doesn't grab, and the knee is easier to sweetspot.

pikachu a up b is quicker for whatever reason, side b charges a bit faster, down b is harder to spam and neutral b is a lot faster

@xD1x you'll be happy to know that palutena 0 to deathed me on verismo valley. I got shreked. She did like a 12 hit combo on me as mario

@xD1x your waifu palutena is a godess in uprising and smash 4. Her up throw goes into up air up air and back air amazingly.

palutena has great power on smash attacks down smash sucks all grabs have follow ups either dash attack or aerials recovery is great

she(palutena) has the same color alts as pit

Meta knight sucks, has the galacta knight and dark meta knight alts and up air has cool down

Weinhben000: Palutena is medium speed this would be referring to her movement speed

for all the people confused about fox having a wolf alt it's just fox with wolfs colors, not a full alt.

Weinhben000: No shiny lucario

Weinhben000: Marth sucks

Weinhben000: @D1MX when robin comes up make sure you say that in an aerial smash attack it killed fox at 65%

Weinhben000: We covered meta knight he sucks JUST GOING TO EMPHASIZE THAT "Metaknight" SUCKS IN SMASH 4 APPARENTLY

Weinhben000: I played megaman he's very defensive campy and can't approach for his life and has a dacus

Weinhben000: Viridi colors are a thing on palutena

Weinhben000: Falcon is more like melee
Thanks for this!

Every bit of news we get about Marth appears to be a nerf. If it's true that Lucina is identical aside from the sword hitbox, then I'm gonna transition to another main.

Sheik and Shulk are looking promising.

I don't get what's wrong with balance. It's either they made Meta Knight utterly broken or bottom-tier material...judging by the looks of it

GalacticPetey said:
Every bit of news we get about Marth appears to be a nerf. If it's true that Lucina is identical aside from the sword hitbox, then I'm gonna transition to another main.
Dr. Mario and Falco were very identical clones in Melee. Look how they turned out.

GalacticPetey said:
Sheik and Shulk are looking promising.
Yes they are. I am definitely maining either one of them or Robin.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't get what's wrong with balance. It's either they made Meta Knight utterly broken or bottom-tier material...judging by the looks of it
It may just be the large sensation of the fact that he was actually nerfed. I still expect him to be mid-tier at least, but I could be wrong.

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Dr. Mario and Falco were very identical clones in Melee. Look how they turned out.
But so far the only known difference is the lack of sword sweetspot. If the landing lag and reach are equally as bad, as well as the lack in KO power, then there's not even any point.

GalacticPetey said:
Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
But so far the only known difference is the lack of sword sweetspot. If the landing lag and reach are equally as bad, as well as the lack in KO power, then there's not even any point.
Do you think that Sakurai would care to detail stuff like that to us?

Lumastar said:
Do you think that Sakurai would care to detail stuff like that?

Uh yeah??? They're the ones making the damn game work.

i'm pretty sure sakurai and his team are well-aware that a competitive smash community exists

We'll have to wait until we get the full game to see how the two compare.

Of course Lucina had to be the one character that wasn't in the demo.

Robin and Greninja sound very promising since they are the two newcomers that interest me the most. Might be my two of my new mains considering Ice Climbers and Lucas got the boot. :'(

Also, just for the hell of it, which newcomer both a) officially revealed and b) including the leak don't interest you? I'm going to be honest, Little Mac doesn't interest me. He looks like a great character, but I'm not too sure about his playstyle. Including the leak, hands down Dark Pit.

Baby Luigi said:
i'm pretty sure sakurai and his team are well-aware that a competitive smash community exists
I'm also pretty sure that he thinks they can figure this stuff out themselves when the game releases.

GalacticPetey said:
We'll have to wait until we get the full game to see how the two compare.

Of course Lucina had to be the one character that wasn't in the demo.
Just more evidence that the unlock conditions leak may be credible. In all honesty. they may have left her hidden in the demo since she's just a clone of Marth.

Kellam said:
Also, just for the hell of it, which newcomer both a) officially revealed and b) including the leak don't interest you?

it's easier to say what doesn't interest me than what does

but for new characters i'll use, probably shulk (i have zero prior xenoblade knowledge lawl), rosalina, robin, and bowser jr.

Kellam said:
Also, just for the hell of it, which newcomer both a) officially revealed and b) including the leak don't interest you?

Wii Fit Trainer. She's the only newcomer I'm pretty certain I won't use often; even Dark Pit will probably get a decent amount of use from me, given that I'm looking at Pit as a possible main this time.

e: i somehow managed to type "never" instead of "newcomer"

Back