Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
The Custom Moveset's being unlockable might make up somewhat for the lack of Unlockable Characters in comparison to Brawl at least. Because that's 8 Special moves to get for each character. (It does make me wonder if the Mii Fighters will have default options or if they'll be the only characters that have all their special moves available from the start)

Kellam said:
GalacticPetey said:
HOLY SHIT!
ri6sTqN.png
If Ridley uses his Other M "Roidley" design if he's playable, I'm never playing as him because that design is trash.
Would you prefer no Ridley at all then if the Other M design was the only option (Or at least the default one)?

Personally, for a character like Ridley. At this point, I think Ridley fans should take what they can get. Also something about the Other M design looks like it might be more easier to program then the preferred design. (GP beat me to it, but I think it needs to be said that it's nitpicky to say you won't play as Ridley if he isn't the right design for you. Even if it's a reminder of a bad game, I feel like it's as silly as people not wanting to play as Sonic just because he doesn't have Classic Sonic's design)

GalacticPetey said:
Wait! There's a Mother compilation stage? And it's default?

I guess this makes the leaked unlock conditions more likely. This also means that all of the stages may have been unlocked due to Dark Pit's condition. Dang it! Still hoping for a secret stage. There's room for one on the leaked stage select screen.

Northern Verve said:
The Custom Moveset's being unlockable might make up somewhat for the lack of Unlockable Characters in comparison to Brawl at least. Because that's 8 Special moves to get for each character. (It does make me wonder if the Mii Fighters will have default options or if they'll be the only characters that have all their special moves available from the start)
I never thought about that. You bring up a good point. I can see them having all 12 from the start.

Kellam said:
GalacticPetey said:
HOLY SHIT!
ri6sTqN.png
If Ridley uses his Other M "Roidley" design if he's playable, I'm never playing as him because that design is trash.
Would you prefer no Ridley at all then if the Other M design was the only option (Or at least the default one)?

Personally, for a character like Ridley. At this point, I think Ridley fans should take what they can get. Also something about the Other M design looks like it might be more easier to program then the preferred design. (GP beat me to it, but I think it needs to be said that it's nitpicky to say you won't play as Ridley if he isn't the right design for you. Even if it's a reminder of a bad game, I feel like it's as silly as people not wanting to play as Sonic just because he doesn't have Classic Sonic's design)
[/quote]
If Ridley is a combination of his classic form (with tiny wings and thinner claws) and his Other M form (shorter neck and stronger build) I won't mind. However, Other M Ridley with no changes would look bad.

Mariofan169 said:
New Super Mario said:
Not really a fan of some of those unlock conditions.
What unlock conditions?
Lumastar said:
There was this post on Gamefaqs:
These aren't all the un lockable characters. The method for unlocking them were revealed by the leaker a few minutes ago just in case some of you didn't know. Doesn't seem too bad. Easier than melee by far.

Starting:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight
Lil Mac
Fox
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Pac Man
Mega Man
Sonic
Mii Fighters: (Brawler, Swordsman, Gunner)

Hidden Characters:
Bowser Jr. (win 10 smash run battles as Bowser, or 700 vs matches)
Wario (Gain a total of 1,000 coins through classic mode, or 200 vs matches)
Mr Game & Watch (Defeat a total of 500 Smash Run enemies, or 500 vs matches)
Ganondorf (Play in Gerudo Valley 10 times, or 300 vs matches)
Falco (Clear Target Blast with all starting characters and have a total score of 1,500,000 points or more, or play 600 vs matches)
Jigglypuff (Win your first smash run, or play 20 vs matches)
Duck Hunt (Clear classic mode with all starting characters, or play 1,000 vs matches)
R.O.B. (Spend a total of 10,000 coins in the trophy shop, or play 800 vs matches)
Ness (Clear Classic Mode, or play 50 vs matches)
Doctor Mario (Clear Classic Mode as Mario, all matches 5.0 intensity or higher, or play 100 vs matches)
Dark Pit (unlock all the stages and defeat all the stage bosses, or play 900 vs matches)
Lucina (Slay 100 Mii's as Marth, or play 400 VS matches)

Lumastar said:
Mariofan169 said:
New Super Mario said:
Not really a fan of some of those unlock conditions.
What unlock conditions?
Lumastar said:
There was this post on Gamefaqs:
These aren't all the un lockable characters. The method for unlocking them were revealed by the leaker a few minutes ago just in case some of you didn't know. Doesn't seem too bad. Easier than melee by far.

Starting:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight
Lil Mac
Fox
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Pac Man
Mega Man
Sonic
Mii Fighters: (Brawler, Swordsman, Gunner)

Hidden Characters:
Bowser Jr. (win 10 smash run battles as Bowser, or 700 vs matches)
Wario (Gain a total of 1,000 coins through classic mode, or 200 vs matches)
Mr Game & Watch (Defeat a total of 500 Smash Run enemies, or 500 vs matches)
Ganondorf (Play in Gerudo Valley 10 times, or 300 vs matches)
Falco (Clear Target Blast with all starting characters and have a total score of 1,500,000 points or more, or play 600 vs matches)
Jigglypuff (Win your first smash run, or play 20 vs matches)
Duck Hunt (Clear classic mode with all starting characters, or play 1,000 vs matches)
R.O.B. (Spend a total of 10,000 coins in the trophy shop, or play 800 vs matches)
Ness (Clear Classic Mode, or play 50 vs matches)
Doctor Mario (Clear Classic Mode as Mario, all matches 5.0 intensity or higher, or play 100 vs matches)
Dark Pit (unlock all the stages and defeat all the stage bosses, or play 900 vs matches)
Lucina (Slay 100 Mii's as Marth, or play 400 VS matches)
they are not that bad tbh, duck hunt duck is the worst out there
Lumastar said:
Lucina said:
where exactly did you find the pic.
You mean my avatar? It's supposedly from the intro cutscene.
no the ridley pic

Good Unlock Conditions
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Ness
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Lucina

Bad Unlock Conditions
Duck Hunt

I can't say for Falco until I play Target Blast, but it looks like a fun mode. Either way, most of the conditions are good. Considering the secret characters that may or may not be in the game, my overall inpression may change based on how hard and how feasible their unlock conditions are.

I also think Bowser Jr. might be painful to unlock, better get used to using bowser.

i will not be surprised if Robin is top of the tier list and is banned from the tournaments, especially after what a read in the document.

I rather see Dark Pit or Palutena being overpowered because Sakurai is putting too much Kid Icarus Uprising content.

Lucina said:
i will not be surprised if Robin is top of the tier list and is banned from the tournaments, especially after what a read in the document.
Meta Knight is the only character in the history of Smash to be banned. Even then, that rule is only a sometimes thing. Robin does look good though.

Lumastar said:
Lucina said:

Intro cutscene for the demo. The "AKB" on the Mii characters clearly stands for "Akibahara", a location in Japan that likely corresponds to where the demo is taking place. This either means that the actual intro cutscene will feature your own Mii Fighters, or that this is just promotional for that area and the actual intro cutscene will be different.

Contra(dictory) said:
Lumastar said:
Lucina said:

Intro cutscene for the demo. The "AKB" on the Mii characters clearly stands for "Akibahara", a location in Japan that likely corresponds to where the demo is taking place. This either means that the actual intro cutscene will feature your own Mii Fighters, or that this is just promotional for that area and the actual intro cutscene will be different.
If it was gameplay footage, then maybe. But this is a pre-rendered cutscene. I can't imagine the Miis on the system would appear in the intro.

GalacticPetey said:
Contra(dictory) said:
Lumastar said:
Lucina said:

If it was gameplay footage, then maybe. But this is a pre-rendered cutscene. I can't imagine the Miis on the system would appear in the intro.
The original Super Smash Bros. cutscene changed as you unlocked the hidden four. It's not out of the realm of possibility that your Miis would appear. Also, why would AKB be chosen out of all names?

I wonder how you'd unlock Mewtwo, Impa, Ridley and Dixie if the text is real (which I'm sure it is)? I don't give two fucks about Mach Ridley and Chorous Men

Mewtwo: An event match of some sort.

Impa: Clear classic with Sheik on hard or higher difficulty.

Dixie: Something involving DK and Diddy

Ridley: Clear classic on the highest difficulty with Samus.

Back