Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
It would be pretty stupid to reveal a character during a Japan-specific Direct, but I guess we have to wait and see if it's being localized for here too.

Edit: And it sure as hell isn't going to be live considering the west coast would be shafted badly (4 am airing lol). Then again, the west coast is usually the one shafted for most of these (6 or 7 am airing). Guess we have to see. I still think there's going to be an international Smash specific one on Monday, since Friday is out of the question.

A member of Namco Bandai games who is working on Smash 4 retweeted the direct and has since deleted that tweet.

Are you ready for a miracle?

Magolor said:
It would be pretty stupid to reveal a character during a Japan-specific Direct, but I guess we have to wait and see if it's being localized for here too.

Edit: And it sure as hell isn't going to be live considering the west coast would be shafted badly (4 am airing lol). Then again, the west coast is usually the one shafted for most of these (6 or 7 am airing). Guess we have to see. I still think there's going to be an international Smash specific one on Monday, since Friday is out of the question.
You westerners are finally getting payback for all of the times that we have had to stay up until the middle of the night for the Pic of the Days!

I wouldn't be surprised if an international direct is announced tomorrow as a part of the stream.

I dunno, if anything us westerners should be giving Japan payback for keeping so many titles exclusive.

If there's any Smash announcement tomorrow. It'll probably be likely one of the characters we know of already thanks to the leak. But it will still be nice to get something official on any of these characters.

It'll be Dr. Mario #BELIEVE #SAMURAIPLS

^honestly that'd make sense

I reckon that Dark Pit's trailer will probably just be a continuation of Palutena's trailer. That'd be even less hype-inducing.

I'm also kinda wondering if they'll somehow include Ness as well in the same trailer. (Similar to how Captain Falcon was in Robin & Lucina's) While it'd miss the exact date of the anniversary of Earthbound, it's still the very week so it might be a good time to get Ness announced.

I could see Ness popping up in a Shulk trailer.

An interesting thing to note. Every Smash game has had or intended to have four secret unlockable newcomers.

The original had Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Captain Falcon.

Melee was gonna have Mewtwo, Marth, Mr. Game and Watch, and King Dedede, but the latter was cut due to time constraints and the clones were added instead.

Brawl had R.O.B, Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf.

According to the leak, the other secret newcomers are Dark Pit, Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt Dog. Assuming one of these gets revealed before release, that leaves us with only three. If Sakurai keeps in line with past games, there would be one more secret newcomer.

GalacticPetey said:
I could see Ness popping up in a Shulk trailer.

An interesting thing to note. Every Smash game has had or intended to have four secret unlockable newcomers.

The original had Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Captain Falcon.

Melee was gonna have Mewtwo, Marth, Mr. Game and Watch, and King Dedede, but the latter was cut due to time constraints and the clones were added instead.

Brawl had R.O.B, Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf.

According to the leak, the other secret newcomers are Dark Pit, Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt Dog. Assuming one of these gets revealed before release, that leaves us with only three. If Sakurai keeps in line with past games, there would be one more secret newcomer.
The Hidden character will probably be Ridley, Mach Rider, or Mewtwo.

Those characters (or at least Ridley and Mewtwo) would generate hype.

Pic of the day. The mysterious fighting teams that appear in the Smash Bros. series come in many shapes and sizes, but this time even we don't know what all of them will look like! It's said that they copy faces from Mii characters saved on your system and attack in a large throng…!! But wait, they all have big smiles on their faces. Looks like they're having a good time, so show no mercy and launch them all away!!
zlCfzSYRhu8A_fCF1a

meh, again

Yup, PoTD is something we knew about and no Direct announcement. Guess Sakurai doesn't really care about showing off the newcomer videos anymore then. Watch someone get an early copy and spoil everything before the actual launch day. Oh well, I guess I can look forward to the music tracks today...

Really, this week was pretty bad, from the boring PoTDs to the leaks, all things considered. It's just my opinion, before someone tries to start something. Was really hoping for the Direct too...oh well...

Reckon the pics would be more interesting if they hadn't had that dumb leaks. Now they destroyed all the fun and excitement.

Stooben said:
this is starting to get cringe-worthy

The responses or the PoTDs? If it's the responses, I understand, but I've been trying to keep my hype up for the game. With the news about Ice Climbers and Lucas likely being cut, Dark Pit being a thing, and Sakurai showing useless PoTDs, imo, this week, it's kind of hard. Hope he has megaton news for next week because if it's menus again, I'm just going to not bother expecting anymore amazing things.

I guess he needed to pump out some menu related stuff at some point but I think it would've been better to spread them out across a few weeks rather than all at once.

I did like the other PotD's a bit but this one is kind of boring.

Magolor said:
The responses or the PoTDs? If it's the responses, I understand, but I've been trying to keep my hype up for the game. With the news about Ice Climbers and Lucas likely being cut, Dark Pit being a thing, and Sakurai showing useless PoTDs, imo, this week, it's kind of hard. Hope he has megaton news for next week because if it's menus again, I'm just going to not bother expecting anymore amazing things.
I meant the PoTDs. Believe me, I feel the same way.

Sakurai retweeted the Direct announcement. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything, and at most, we'll see a veteran, which I won't mind.

inb4 he shows off like 20 menus, some trophies, and other nonsense that nobody really cares about

Back