• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Not BMB said:
Speaking of potential retro characters...

Has Isaac been confirmed at all for an Assist Trophy or no? He could still be in the running for all we know if he hasn't be deconfirmed yet.
Is Issac considered a retro character?

Lumastar said:
Not BMB said:

Has Isaac been confirmed at all for an Assist Trophy or no? He could still be in the running for all we know if he hasn't be deconfirmed yet.
Is Issac considered a retro character?

Probably not. For some reason I was thinking he was.

Doo doo doo
Another one bites the dust

Not BMB said:

Isaac has not been confirmed as an assist trophy.

GalacticPetey said:
Doo doo doo

Not BMB said:

When?

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Doo doo doo

Not BMB said:

When?
He said "not."

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Doo doo doo

Not BMB said:

When?
He said "not."
*facepalm*

Lumastar said:
Magolor said:
Lumastar said:
There goes another potential retro rep. I guess we'll have to stick with Little Mac and Pac-Man.

Doesn't Palutena count as a retro rep too? On that note, I can understand (slightly) why Takamaru was a requested potential rep, but did anyone seriously think this guy supposed to be a potential rep? Like, it blows my mind that people are mad he isn't a playable character. I'm surprised he's even an assist trophy. He's a character from a Japanese only game that, as far as I remember, didn't even get a sticker in Brawl. Half of the people here probably haven't even heard of him and if so, it was probably just because it was a reference from TTYD from Chapter 4 or Arewo Stein from Wario Land 4. I think at this point people are just grasping at reps because they're retro.

And sorry for singling out this comment, but it was the most appropriate one for me to rant.
Better than Balloon Fighter if you ask me.

But Balloon Fighter isn't a character...? I mean, I guess you're talking about the stage, but I don't think it matters since it seems this character is getting its own stage too. Unless the stage is one of the Tomodachi Life rooms.

yeah it's one of the tomodachi rooms, the floor he's standing on is exactly the same as the stage

didn't know who this guy was, but I'd like to reiterate what a colourful selection of assist trophies we're getting, I'm definitely playing with them on more often than not in SSB4

Magolor said:
Lumastar said:
There goes another potential retro rep. I guess we'll have to stick with Little Mac and Pac-Man.

Doesn't Palutena count as a retro rep too? On that note, I can understand (slightly) why Takamaru was a requested potential rep, but did anyone seriously think this guy supposed to be a potential rep? Like, it blows my mind that people are mad he isn't a playable character. I'm surprised he's even an assist trophy. He's a character from a Japanese only game that, as far as I remember, didn't even get a sticker in Brawl. Half of the people here probably haven't even heard of him and if so, it was probably just because it was a reference from TTYD from Chapter 4 or Arewo Stein from Wario Land 4. I think at this point people are just grasping at reps because they're retro.

And sorry for singling out this comment, but it was the most appropriate one for me to rant.
Marth was a completely unknown Japanese exclusive character before Melee.

I really hope that Shielding and Air Dodging is removed in the next Smash Bros because I am tired of losing matches because of Shield/Dodge spam. It actually cheated me of unlocking a character in SSBM today.

3D Player 2004 said:
I really hope that Shielding and Air Dodging is removed in the next Smash Bros because I am tired of losing matches because of Shield/Dodge spam. It actually cheated me of unlocking a character in SSBM today.
439.gif

I've heard of this game, and it's cool to see something more obscure be represented here.

oh and hyrule warriors direct today. so I hope we some smash thrown in there as well :P

3D Player 2004 said:
To be honest, I sorta agree with this. Mainly because I HATE it when people shield a Fire Jump Punch.

3D Player 2004 said:

images

Ninelevendo said:
3D Player 2004 said:
To be honest, I sorta agree with this. Mainly because I HATE it when people shield a Fire Jump Punch.

I wonder what is a Fire Jump Punch.

Cirdec said:
Ninelevendo said:
3D Player 2004 said:

I suppose Mario's Up B

...Really?

DAMMIT SAKURAI WHERE'S OUR META KNIGHT AND WADDLE DEE

NEXandGBX said:
Cirdec said:
Ninelevendo said:
3D Player 2004 said:

I suppose Mario's Up B
It's Luigi's Up B when it connects properly.

Magikrazy said:
NEXandGBX said:
Cirdec said:
Ninelevendo said:
3D Player 2004 said:

I suppose Mario's Up B
It's Luigi's Up B when it connects properly.
But they're both called "Super Jump Punch". :???:

Yeah let's remove defensive options like shielding and air dodging because they're too broken for me to avoid.

alright, i'm almost tempted to believe this leak, but y'know, grains of salt and stuff

it just seems too good to be true (thanks 4chan)

Hello. I’m an employee at Nintendo of America. I can’t say much more about my specific position. But I can tell you this.

There will be a Super Smash Bros. Direct later this month. It will be approximately 45 minutes long, the first 25 of which will be a huge exposition on the 3DS version, and the latter 20 minutes will largely be information about/hinting at things for the Wii U version. Here’s as much info as I can recall.
1. The Direct is essentially made so that all of the Starting characters will be known before launch. Because of this, Wario, Ice Climbers, Falco, and Ness are all revealed to be returning. Wario is shown in a trailer at the beginning, which also introduces a newcomer: the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven. Not all of the confirmed characters will be playable from the start, but I can’t quite recall which characters will be unlockable. I do know he mentioned Sonic, Luigi, and Lucina. Snake is shown at the very end of the Direct in his own trailer.
2. Classic mode has gotten revamped and now has path selection, a more elaborate difficulty selection based on Kid Icarus Uprising, and it’s generally a lot more elaborate.
3. There was a little montage of Boss Characters on both versions. Yellow Devil is one of them, as is Petey Piranha (who appears to be fighting in the same stadium from Brawl, but is now without cages), Dark Pit on Palutena’s Temple, and King K. Rool on a new Gangplank Galleon stage. Ridley is mysteriously absent as ever.
3. There’s a bunch of minigames which are based on classic Nintendo games, only on the 3DS version. Balloon Fight is a mode where four Villagers with infinite Up B fight on the Balloon Fight stage. There’s also a Punch-Out mode where a single player uses Wire Frame Little Mac to take down various foes from a perspective behind Mac in the Boxing Ring. I also noticed an Urban Champion mode, a Mario Bros. mode, an Ice Climber mode, and even a Pac-Man mode.
More to come.

Back