Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Vince McMahon said:
GalacticPetey said:
The challenger approaching banners have gone down on the main site.

Oh damn.

well, let's see...

any new games coming out? any anniversaries coming up? surprise direct? anything at SDCC?

or could it just be that it's been a week and they took them down cause everybody knows

There is an Earthbound anniversary coming up. Perhaps we'll see Ness at SDCC or something? I'd personally love that.

it should be noted that sakurai never specifically said this was a brand new stage; it could just be in the background of another starfox stage :P

*sigh* Another Great Fox? This is basically Sector Z 3. Can we have some other SF location?

Vince McMahon said:
it should be noted that sakurai never specifically said this was a brand new stage; it could just be in the background of another starfox stage :P

I agree. I think this is like that one Kirby Image where it hinted at a starry stage which could have been a SMG-themed stage or a Kirby: Return to Dreamland Stage. In this case of course, it's going to be a Star Fox one, but the Great Fox might not be the stage but a background detail.

Not BMB said:
Vince McMahon said:

I agree. I think this is like that one Kirby Image where it hinted at a starry stage which could have been a SMG-themed stage or a Kirby: Return to Dreamland Stage. In this case of course, it's going to be a Star Fox one, but the Great Fox might not be the stage but a background detail.
Sakurai did mention that fighters run atop the Great Fox, so...

Vince McMahon said:
Lumastar said:
Sakurai did mention that fighters run atop the Great Fox, so...

It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent.
Sakurai doesn't troll with stages unless they involve a playable character like Palutena and Ridley (the latter's all but confirmed).

GalacticPetey said:
Watch Comic-Con have a trailer for Krystal that also reveals Falco and Wolf.

I'd be down for that.

It's Sakurai, so he'll probably pause the trailer halfway through and be like "nah, let's have bandana dee instead."

GalacticPetey said:
Watch Comic-Con have a trailer for Krystal that also reveals Falco and Wolf.

I'd be down for that.

Four Star Fox characters? As much as I like the series, or at least the first two and the DS one (somewhat, haven't played the two GCN ones), I think that's a bit overkill, especially since the series really isn't super popular. I'd be fine if they threw out Wolf in favor of Krystal, but I just can't see four characters happening. It was hard to justify three characters in Brawl, imo.

If Fire Emblem can get four, then Star Fox certainly can.

Realistically? I'm just expecting Fox, Falco, and maybe Wolf. With the new Star Fox game, I can see Krystal being in Smash 5.

DaKid said:
All I want now is Takamaru. Pretty sad Lucina is a clone they should of put Chrom in as playable but whatever...
All I want, specifically, is Ridley and Krystal, though Takamaru is still third on my most-wanted list.

In other news, I wish I was at Comic Con... for many great reasons! Also, Star Fox stage! I like the Assault look, I feel like that game is unfairly hated.

Lumastar said:
Sakurai doesn't troll with stages unless they involve a playable character like Palutena and Ridley (the latter's all but confirmed).

Pfft, Sakurai trolls with everything!

GalacticPetey said:
If Fire Emblem can get four, then Star Fox certainly can.

Realistically? I'm just expecting Fox, Falco, and maybe Wolf. With the new Star Fox game, I can see Krystal being in Smash 5.

Fire Emblem has like what, 12 games in it, with the latest one being in 2012? Star Fox has had 6 games, and the last one that was released (not counting the remake of SF64) in 2006, with a new one finally coming out. Not to mention that Kirby only has 3 reps, while it has more games than Star Fox and Fire Emblem as well. Heck, it has even more games than Zelda!

But of course, the sales factor into this, and due to the major success of FE:A, they felt inclined to bring in Robin. Lucina was just a special gift that was originally going to be a palette of Marth. I'm not sure how well the Star Fox series does, but the fact that no new Star Fox games came out (not countin remakes) between Brawl and now, I don't think it increases the chances of a new character.

Recently, I've been growing really fond of the idea of having Ganon in the game. Right now we have four Zelda characters, with Ganondorf likely being the fifth. If we did get a sixth character, I would want Ganon the most. Going by the trophy theory, we would be getting a new Zelda character. Hell, you can keep Ganondorf's old moveset as is and make Ganon have movset with his trident and such. I realize Impa and Ghirahim or more likely, but I think I would want Ganon the most.

GalacticPetey said:
Recently, I've been growing really fond of the idea of having Ganon in the game. Right now we have four Zelda characters, with Ganondorf likely being the fifth. If we did get a sixth character, I would want Ganon the most. Going by the trophy theory, we would be getting a new Zelda character. Hell, you can keep Ganondorf's old moveset as is and make Ganon have movset with his trident and such. I realize Impa and Ghirahim or more likely, but I think I would want Ganon the most.

I think the Trophy theory is a bunch of bs. Like, do people really think that Sakurai didn't do that just to be like "oh, let's show trophies of some characters from some of our big series." I mean, why don't we make an assist trophy theory where Waluigi means Wario is auto-confirmed, Dark Samus confirms ZSS, and Lyn for Robin/Lucina?

Robin's them played over the FE trophy. Robin was confirmed. Palutena's theme played over the Pseudo-Palutena trophy. Palutena was confirmed. The King Kihunter trophy played Ridley's theme and he's pretty much inevitable. That just leaves the Fi trophy. Non one's theme in particular was played, but the song ballad of the Sky Goddess does contain bits of Ghirahim's theme. The abundance of Zelda items and assist trophies, coupled with the fact that Zelda hasn't really had a newcomer since Melee, heavily supports the idea that we're getting a new Zelda character.

GalacticPetey said:
Robin's them played over the FE trophy. Robin was confirmed. Palutena's theme played over the Pseudo-Palutena trophy. Palutena was confirmed. The King Kihunter trophy played Ridley's theme and he's pretty much inevitable. That just leaves the Fi trophy. Non one's theme in particular was played, but the song ballad of the Sky Goddess does contain bits of Ghirahim's theme. The abundance of Zelda items and assist trophies, coupled with the fact that Zelda hasn't really had a newcomer since Melee, heavily supports the idea that we're getting a new Zelda character.
This. Don't believe the leak. Believe the theory.

GalacticPetey said:

Dude, Ridley is not inevitable. God, the more people talk about Ridley and stuff, the more I'm wishing he doesn't get in because it's honestly annoying how far people are going to say that Ridley is in. Just wait for the goddamn game. It's like Majora's Mask remake; fans demand that they make it happen, but Nintendo/Sakurai says nothing about it. One of the most wanted fan favs does not equal auto-confirmed.

And how is Ghirahim's theme even related to Ballad of the Goddess? I've played both of them and there are little to no silmiliarities to it. That's like saying the Ballad of the Goddess has a bit of the Kikwi in it.

Honestly, the Fi trophy puts quite a hole in that theory, when talking about the music hinting at the characters.

Back