• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
Holy shit, apparently the Nintendo Direct managed to leak on Youtube before it officially airs and...

It was already done at that point.

As someone who doesn't particularly like Rosalina or Luma, I can say...

...I think this is a good choice.

More female representatives is always a good thing, and I can see Rosalina attacking with the Luma in a manner similar to Olimar. It's a better attacking style than whatever Peach does.

For a second, I thought Kirby was going to be in Mario Kart 8 with Air Ride machines.

This works, too.

Daskarzine said:
Is it just me, or is Rosalina getting way too much attention lately? In the past few months or so she has been announced as playable in SM3DW, MK8, SSB4 and Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.
Year of Rosalina.

But yeah, Rosalina's been getting a real push lately, it seems to me that Nintendo needed to push a new Nintendo character to become a mainstream like Mario, Luigi, Peach, etc, and they chose Rosalina because it's a character everyone liked.

But wow is this interesting, Rosalina was chosen over so-called more relevant or more longtime popular choices like Toad, Bowser Jr., and Waluigi. I don't see the Mario representation going beyond 5. So I think we're set now.

Rosalina's surely getting special treatment recently. But maybe this was done in light of the success of the 2 Galaxy games (As part of Smash 4 celebrating the Wii generation). And I suppose the Super Mario Galaxy stage is essentially Rosalina's home stage now.

At least Lubba can appear in the background of the Mario Galaxy stage now without people complaining how he isn't Rosalina. That's getting really old now.

Perhaps this signals Rosalina appearing in a new upcoming game? Nintendo has often used SSB characters to market their other franchises.

Ok, now that I am able to breathe...

I'm beyond happy that she made it in. This is the Super Mario 3D World reveal all over again, but 100000 times more exciting. I hope that she, however, is called just "Rosalina" as a fighter, not "Rosalina & Luma". I think it will be like Olimar, though, who was called "Pikmin & Olimar" in the Dojo. I'm glad they didn't make her a Peach clone, too.

Dr. Javelin said:
Perhaps this signals Rosalina appearing in a new upcoming game? Nintendo has often used SSB characters to market their other franchises.

It could be to promote the already released Super Mario 3D World.

Saw the thumbnail on reddit with someone asking if it was real. I went into the comments expected a few people to troll him and say it was. Everybody was saying it was true. I was confused until I went to the website and saw for myself.

As a character, I'm cool with it. As a fighter, she looks pretty awesome, like ice climbers but you have control over the partner from a distance.

This will probably effect my roster thread in this board. I can say I can probably safely knock out both Toad and Bowser Jr. as one of the red duo squares since Rosalina came in to take the spot that the two would have been fighting for in my roster. (I'm not upset I was wrong, I actually like being surprised. Sakurai's curveballs tend to be great)

Something else in the Direct also caught my eye that will be added to one of the possibilities. But I won't say until I post the roster guess update.

Wow. Did not expect Rosalina. I found her to be rather unlikely.

Not really that excited about this though, I'm not a fan of her, and this pretty much kills Bowser Jr.'s chances. I am glad that Mario got a fifth character, however.

By the way seems like a few (obvious) items were shown off too: Poke Ball, Green Shell, and Fire Flower.

Rosalina looks floaty as heck but I like how her air combat looks.

Now just gotta wait for Ecco and Layton to get announced

GymleaderBen said:
Rosalina looks floaty as heck but I like how her air combat looks.

Now just gotta wait for Ecco and Layton to get announced

I know there's support for Layton. But Ecco? Who do you mean?

gotta admit im sorta suprised, i honestly didnt expect rosalina.

Although i must say im very happy since i do like rosalina a lot.

Although whether i can ever use her as well as peach or luigi will be remain to be seen.

Welp, Rosalina got a playable role in a Nintendo crossover before Toad, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., ....

I'm still glad the Mario series got a new representative.

I CALLED IT! I SO DAMN CALLED IT!

Been saying Rosalina is probably going to be new Mario rep, even the day before!

When I saw it at first, I was like "Kirby in MK8?" And then Rosalina dropped in, and I was like "Rosie confirmed in MK8, knew it." And then they did the SSB newcomer thing and I was like "O.O No way..." And just immediately freaked out!!!

This is so awesome, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

Northern Verve said:

The only Ecco I can think of is this.

Smasher Claus said:
Northern Verve said:

The only Ecco I can think of is this.

I'm the same way. And because Ecco doesn't even have any limbs, plus Ecco's a Sega property when we already have Sonic... I'd say Tails or just about alot of Sega characters have a higher chance then Ecco the Dolphin does... And Sega getting a 2nd character alone is doubtful.

Back