• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Bring on Ghirahim.

I'd say these are the possibilities if there's a character reveal:

If it's a veteran...

Zelda - A Link Between Worlds comes out in less then 2 weeks in Japan, they could very well show her to advertise the game

Diddy Kong - Tropical Freeze is among the games being released near Spring (Even if Feb is still Winter). And the focus is on games that are coming out that soon. They could wait until February's Nintendo direct for this instead however

A Pokemon Veteran reveal - They could pull out at least one answer to the Pokemon representation as all we got from Pokemon X&Y was Xerneas as a Pokeball pokemon

A different Brawl veteran that we don't see coming - There's always the chance that we'll get an unexpected veteran reveal. Perhaps even a character most expect to be cut like Solid Snake? Or we get one of the obvious returnees like Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Wario, etc.?

If it's a newcomer...

Miis - To promote Wii Sports Club and/or Wii Fit U and/or Wii Party U that have come out. There'll be a storm of reactions in the Smash fanbase if this happens, but it'd also be hype for the casual crowd for the game.

A Mario Newcomer - Probably a stretch but with Mario Kart 8 coming out in the spring (And again the Direct focusing on this) it's a possibility. Maybe even a light of hope for Toad fans that still cling on to hope that Toad's playable despite seemingly convincing evidence that says otherwise.

A long wanted Newcomer for the purpose of hyping the game (Little Mac, Ridley, etc.) - This IS the last Nintendo direct of the year. And with it focusing on games for the next year. They may want to go full force with a newcomer that alot of people have been clamoring for so long.

Pac-Man - Ehhhhhhh consider this a huge stretch that even I wasn't sure I'd put this up as a possibility. But it might be an idea of Nintendo and/or Namco to show off Pac-Man now to hype SSB4 as "That game coming out next year where Mario, Sonic, Megaman, AND Pac-Man can fight!"

Northern Verve said:
A Mario Newcomer - Probably a stretch but with Mario Kart 8 coming out in the spring (And again the Direct focusing on this) it's a possibility. Maybe even a light of hope for Toad fans that still cling on to hope that Toad's playable despite seemingly convincing evidence that says otherwise.

Well, maybe even Rosalina. Hey, I'm doubtful that she'll be in it, but you gotta admit that her inclusion in SM3DW really did hype her up a lot and made her look more appealing to be in the new SSB.

Though I doubt that any new Mario character will be introduced, because they would most likely wait to reveal that until closer to the game coming out as you don't want to give all characters away, and if there was a 5th rep, it would be unlockable, so many spoilers would be around it.

My bet is Zelda.

Well I never expected Luigi and Peach to be revealed as soon as they did. So maybe different rules apply to the flagship franchise. (Because not even Zelda and Pokemon has had another reveal for the exception of Toon Link)

All newcomers being revealed get a trailer though, so a Nintendo Direct and/or E3 is the place there will tend to be a newcomer reveal if there is one.

Trailers for veterans are for really, really special cases like Sonic's announcement. As one of the most popular additions in Brawl, they had to show something off with him even if it was real short. The only other veterans I could see get getting a trailer is Solid Snake if he returns, or Mewtwo (Since he's a highly requested character that has not been seen in an official Smash Bros. (That's not counting Project M) since Melee)

Champion Christmas said:
I can only imagine what would happen if Ridley got announced.

Many a wrist strap would be broken.

Do it Nintendo... Please? I'll give you cookies ;D

I'm not really expecting anything Smash Bros. related to be brought up on the next Nintendo Direct.

I expect Reggie/Iwata to talk about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and while he's at it, he will confirm Diddy's/Dixie's playability in Super Smash Bros.

I have a feeling that Mewtwo supporters might get their wish today...

Champion Christmas said:
Sakurai's pic of the day mentioned the Nintendo direct. He also retweeted it.

I swear to god if they pull a cranky kong on us...

Considering how the Sonic update was performed, anything can happen at this point.

Holy shit, apparently the Nintendo Direct managed to leak on Youtube before it officially airs and...

Rosalina is a newcomer!

I surely didn't expect this... :eek:

Northern Verve said:
Holy shit, apparently the Nintendo Direct managed to leak on Youtube before it officially airs and...

Rosalina is a newcomer!

I surely didn't expect this... :eek:

Thanks for reading.

Is it just me, or is Rosalina getting way too much attention lately? In the past few months or so she has been announced as playable in SM3DW, MK8, SSB4 and Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.

Back