Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Aw, I'm disappointed. Spirit tracks is my 2nd favorite handheld Zelda game, and playing the Link from that game would've been interesting.

There are arguments that Spirit Tracks link means Toon Link has been cut. But we can't say for sure quite yet. Even if Toon Link is seemingly the most likely cut. I hardly think there are guaranteed cuts. Just characters that are more likely to be cut then others.

I doubt there will more then 5 cuts from Brawl's roster though. Sakurai's going to try to keep every character as much as possible. I assume the most popular from Brawl (Wario, Meta Knight, Dedede, Sonic, etc.) and the mainstays since Melee and/or 64 (Marth, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Ness, etc.) will be kept.

Toon Link may be cut, and if you say that 5 characters max are gettting cut, I bet two others are Lucario and Jigglypuff, to be replaced by at least one more Pokemon. Was Mewtwo confirmed? I can't remember.

DragonFreak said:
Toon Link may be cut, and if you say that 5 characters max are gettting cut, I bet two others are Lucario and Jigglypuff, to be replaced by at least one more Pokemon. Was Mewtwo confirmed? I can't remember.

Not yet. But he's definitely a possibility. I think even Sakurai answered a crowd that asked for him and said something to the likes of "We're thinking about it". So I'd say Mewtwo's chances are pretty good this time around.

In fact, it was really time constraints why Mewtwo didn't make it into Brawl. That's made obvious by Mewtwo's place in the Forbidden 7

DragonFreak said:
Fair enough. Although, it's kind of torturous to wait for characters/stages/items to be confirmed this slowly, which may be faster than somethings, but still.

Yeah I definitely get that. I'm still waiting for Sonic to be confirmed, really how I go into getting SSB4 will depend if he's returning. I'll get SSB4 either way, but there's no telling how upsetting it would be if he isn't. Let's just say it'd take a little while to get over it.

Because I personally think adding Sonic and/or Snake to Brawl isn't in the same league as Soul Calibur adding Star Wars characters or Mortal Kombat adding Kratos for one game. Especially given what it took to get Sonic in Smash Bros. in the first place.

If/when he's confirmed. I'll rest easy and be as hyped as ever for the next game.

I read something about the fact that the last two character reveals for the game were both around the 11th. If this trend continues, a character may be announced in the next couple days. In addition, on the 12th of October, X and Y is being released.

Let's assume this is true for a second. A pokemon character would probably be announced in October, but what about September? A Zelda character maybe?

GalacticPetey said:
I read something about the fact that the last two character reveals for the game were both around the 11th. If this trend continues, a character may be announced in the next couple days. In addition, on the 12th of October, X and Y is being released.

Let's assume this is true for a second. A pokemon character would probably be announced in October, but what about September? A Zelda character maybe?
Well Wind Waker is coming October too, so idk.

September maybe just some random veteran/

Wait. Just 2 characters until launch? That sucks if true.

In any case, I'm hoping to see Marth.

What's this about only 2 characters until launch? I doubt that. The SSB4 website has 4 empty boxes. And they could always add more if they feel like announcing more characters before launch. I imagine we'll get another batch of reveals at E3.

Where's this? All I see is Kirby in space :P

Though really, a galaxy stage with shifting gravity would be neat.

if there are no launch stars im going to flip
those were my favorite when it just came out

If it is actually a SMG stage, then I'm drop-dead excited. I was so disappointed there wasn't one in Brawl and that we didn't get any music at all from Galaxy in the game.

DragonFreak said:
Wait.....new prediction: Rosalina will be playable.

I doubt it. Rosalina's too minor compared to the four that most people expect to take the Mario newcomer spot if there is one. (Though arguably Rosalina's chances are almost the same as Waluigi's just because Rosalina actually appeared in a Main series game. But Waluigi still has more appearences backing him up even if of course it was mostly Mario spin-offs)

Dean Winchester said:
If it is actually a SMG stage, then I'm drop-dead excited. I was so disappointed there wasn't one in Brawl and that we didn't get any music at all from Galaxy in the game.

I know why there really wasn't a Galaxy stage.

Each SSB game is a celebration of the previous console (The original SSB while has much less content then Melee or Brawl, the roster very much could be considered celebrating the SNES & Game Boy era. And Melee had alot of N64 game references). That's why we got alot of Gamecube game stuff in Brawl like the Super Mario Sunshine stage, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX, etc. But now it's the fourth game that's meant to take alot of stuff from the Wii this time around. A Galaxy stage was doable. Also having two franchises make it's debut into Smash with Pikmin and Animal Crossing (Albeit the latter didn't get a character until SSB4)

Granted there are exceptions where there are indeed stages and such from the current console (Most of the SSB64 stages were actually referring to more current console stuff. But for the most part, SSB games do seem to reflect on the previous console generation in some way. You could also say Twilight Princess was a current console thing (Albeit it did get a release on the Gamecube)

Northern Verve said:
DragonFreak said:
Wait.....new prediction: Rosalina will be playable.

I doubt it. Rosalina's too minor compared to the four that most people expect to take the Mario newcomer spot if there is one. (Though arguably Rosalina's chances are almost the same as Waluigi's just because Rosalina actually appeared in a Main series game. But Waluigi still has more appearences backing him up even if of course it was mostly Mario spin-offs)
So many possible characters, so much limit on a roster. Although I could imagine Rosalina's moves being mostly magic related.

About the new picture, Sakurai said something about familiar art style.

I must say, the white shine on Kirby gives it a very SMG style look to it.

Northern Verve said:
I know why there really wasn't a Galaxy stage.

Each SSB game is a celebration of the previous console (The original SSB while has much less content then Melee or Brawl, the roster very much could be considered celebrating the SNES & Game Boy era. And Melee had alot of N64 game references). That's why we got alot of Gamecube game stuff in Brawl like the Super Mario Sunshine stage, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX, etc. But now it's the fourth game that's meant to take alot of stuff from the Wii this time around. A Galaxy stage was doable. Also having two franchises make it's debut into Smash with Pikmin and Animal Crossing (Albeit the latter didn't get a character until SSB4)

Granted there are exceptions where there are indeed stages and such from the current console (Most of the SSB64 stages were actually referring to more current console stuff. But for the most part, SSB games do seem to reflect on the previous console generation in some way. You could also say Twilight Princess was a current console thing (Albeit it did get a release on the Gamecube)

Not only that, but also Brawl was already too advanced in development when Galaxy came out.

Y'know, it might actually be a Return to Dream Land stage as well, just saying in case everyone is getting their hopes up for a Galaxy stage, even though there likely will be one. I don't know, but the background reminds me a lot of the boxart for KRTDL. Eh, I'm probably wrong, but whatever.

213612-header.jpg

Gonna be honest here for a minute. I get kinda nervous whenever an image of the Pyrosphere pops up.

Back