• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Demidevimon said:
So, Luigi's moves don't differ much from Mario's moves. Lucas' don't differ much from Ness. Same with Fox, Falco and Wolf. That said I don't think we need another clone characters
Luigi/Mario, Lucas/Ness and Fox/Falco/Wolf are clones to you but not Captain Falcon/Ganondorf or Link/Toon Link? O__o

Not to sound over defensive of Ness/Lucas being clones because I love Earthbound, but there's only like what, 6 moves that have the same animations/concept? In the end, they have completely different playstyles lol

As for Fox/Falco/Wolf, if anything, Fox and Falco are more clone-like than Wolf is to either of them. Their moves share more of the same animations/concept than Wolf's do compared to either of them. =P

To be honest I haven't played Brawl for ages, but from what I remember Wolf's moveset it was similar.

Personally I think Ness and Lucas are clones due to their special moveset ie. PK Thunder, Fire and the other one.

And I didn't plan on listing every clone characters :P

Then again, a clone is different from a semi-clone. In Melee, Falco and Ganondorf were exact clones, but in Brawl, they are kind of different from the original characters (Fox and Captain Falcon). The same goes for Luigi and Lucas, whose movesets are similar to those of Mario and Ness respectively, but with key differences. Dixie could be a semi-clone, but of course I'd rather have her be a completely original fighter.

And I need to say that Lucas, being a semi-clone and everything, is WAY better than Ness.

I would rather have King K. Rool than Dixie. We need more villains more than we need females.

It's highly unlikely we'll get two more DK characters that's why if I had to choose one, I'd go with the Kremling King.

DK is alright with two reps.

I would include K. Rool but he hasn't appeared in much games recently.

Baby Luigi said:
It's highly unlikely we'll get two more DK characters that's why if I had to choose one, I'd go with the Kremling King.

Well, yeah, if I had to choose between Dixie Kong and King K. Rool I'd go with the king too.

She's got the spirit for it... I mean like come on, peach is a total cardboard cut-out of girlyness... Yeah, she is a princess and all, but that's no reason not to be badass

I think Daisy's fine as a Peach costume.

Tailmon said:

Agree with this. Sorry MarioFan, but I think Daisy has too much competition. Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and even Waluigi have more priority then Daisy.

We don't even know if we'll get a new Mario character at all.

Northern Verve said:
Tailmon said:

Agree with this. Sorry MarioFan, but I think Daisy has too much competition. Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and even Waluigi have more priority then Daisy.

Toad is a bloody child that can't do shiz, he'd be better as human shield as he is now... Daisy at least has a personality

MarioFan said:
Northern Verve said:
Tailmon said:

Toad is a bloody child that can't do shiz, he'd be better as human shield as he is now... Daisy at least has a personality

Even disregarding Toad. You have Bowser Jr. who's had his fair share of roles in the Mainstream games, Paper Mario who could serve as a representative of the Mario RPGs (And whether you thought it was good or bad) Sticker Star was pretty recent. And Waluigi is a bit of a dark horse in popularity and would much more likely provide a more original moveset then Daisy. Who'd likely be at least somewhat of a clone of Peach.

Northern Verve said:
MarioFan said:
Northern Verve said:
Tailmon said:

Even disregarding Toad. You have Bowser Jr. who's had his fair share of roles in the Mainstream games, Paper Mario who could serve as a representative of the Mario RPGs (And whether you thought it was good or bad) Sticker Star was pretty recent. And Waluigi is a bit of a dark horse in popularity and would much more likely provide a more original moveset then Daisy. Who'd likely be at least somewhat of a clone of Peach.
2 armgun characters are ok but 2 princesses not? Legtis seemis

MarioFan said:

Maybe because I'm tired... But...

What the fuck? Armgun chara I assume = Samus and Mega Man?

Whatever the hell is Legtis seemis...

MarioFan said:

We have two princesses. Peach and Zelda :P

I'm surprised you didn't bring up all the sword users instead though. Marth, Ike, Link, Toon Link :P

Samus and Megaman's armguns act different enough in Smash Bros. from what we've seen.

Northern Verve said:
MarioFan said:

I'm surprised you didn't bring up all the sword users instead though. Marth, Ike, Link, Toon Link :P

Samus and Megaman's armguns act different enough in Smash Bros. from what we've seen.
I forgot to put Mario in front of it so it would say Mario princesses, sue me! And about Marth, Ike and Toon Link... I have not seen those guys been confirmed, for what we know they could have been cut

MarioFan said:
Northern Verve said:
MarioFan said:

I forgot to put Mario in front of it so it would say Mario princesses, sue me! And about Marth, Ike and Toon Link... I have not seen those guys been confirmed, for what we know they could have been cut

Out of those 3 Toon Link might be cut. Ike's a 50/50. He could either be cut to make way for a new FE rep, or Sakurai could point to the fact Ike's game represents Fire Emblem going outside of Japan and keep him anyway. But Marth without a doubt will be back.

But even if it was Mario princess you would argue about. It wouldn't be a proportionate argument to say Samus and Mega Man are copies of eachother just because of their arm guns.

If you measure characters by their bad-assery, I'd say Rosalina is way more badass than Daisy.

Back