• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Anser said:
Christian Brutal Sniper said:
it's the year of luigi, this is the year he finally gets on the starting roster

You make it sound as if being unlockable was a bad thing. I think Luigi should definitely stay unlockable to keep the tradition and to change things a bit. Luigi is ALWAYS on the starting roster on every Mario game, and it changed only in Mario Golf 64.
but Smash Bros isn't a Mario game

Yeah but he wasn't starter for the past 3 games despite his status

New Super Mario said:
I don't think "tradition" really matters. Why not shake things up a bit? Switch a classic starting character to unlockable or vice versa.

I'd like that they made Bowser unlockable. I don't know, but he just has this "special" thing. I was disappointed when I played Melee; I thought I would have to work my ass off to get him and he was there from the get-go. Why was Ganondorf unlockable and not Bowser? D:

Anser said:
New Super Mario said:
I don't think "tradition" really matters. Why not shake things up a bit? Switch a classic starting character to unlockable or vice versa.

I'd like that they made Bowser unlockable. I don't know, but he just has this "special" thing. I was disappointed when I played Melee; I thought I would have to work my ass off to get him and he was there from the get-go. Why was Ganondorf unlockable and not Bowser? D:
Bowser's a classic?

I'd like to point out that G&W was not the first thing Nintendo did. They were making these cards 91 years before Mr. Game & Watch started ringing that bell.

hanafuda1.jpg

It's called hanafuda.

Not if you count the Laser Clay Shooting System.

Dimentio said:
I vote for Fawful in this game.

Unlikely. If we're getting any new Mario characters at all it's going to be Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario or Waluigi

Paper Mario's your best best for an RPG representative.

I've been thinking.

Luigi has been announced earlier than expected.

Some users have theorized that this means Luigi is a starter.

Remember how Captain Falcon and Ness were starters in Melee?

Perhaps Jigglypuff will be default this time around.

That's be an interesting switcheroo but I doubt it. He might just be a starter this time around due to the whole Year of Luigi thing (Even if of course the year of Luigi will be over when it's released)

I think SSB4 arena that Mario and Bowser fought in the trailer before animal crossing villager caught Mario with a net will be in this game as a stage, and I tried playing with that stage in SSBB and it is fun stage. It goes over Pokemon Stadium 2 and it got special effects and TV screen.

daily(8).jpg

so, instead of this being pilotwings snes only

it appears you'll be fighting on the snes map, with maka wuhu in the background and the plane from pilotwings resort

making this just a pilotwings legacy

there's probably an n64 part of the map somewhere, but it hasn't been seen yet

Seems interesting, I just hope it's not another Port Town Aero Drive(?) from Brawl. I don't know much about Pilotwings at all, but bunch of props for keeping the island the exact way it looked in the original.

With Wii Fit Trainer being playable, and Wuhu island being in the background of the Pilotwings stage there. It's looking even more likely we'll probably have Miis as a playable character. It'll be controversial, but at this point I don't see how the inclusion of Miis aren't inevitable at this point.

Especially if you consider that each Smash game celebrates the previous Nintendo console generation. Whether you like it or not, Miis were a big part of the Wii.

I'll honestly be surprised if they aren't in any capacity. (Though I won't be upset either way)

I don't think Wuhu Island being in the background is a big indicator of the Miis being in SSB4. Wasn't Wuhu Island in Pilotwings Resort anyways? It's not necessarily saying that the Wuhu Island from this stage is taken from Wii Fit or whatever, but it's being taken from Resort, if that makes sense.

Dean Winchester said:
I don't think Wuhu Island being in the background is a big indicator of the Miis being in SSB4. Wasn't Wuhu Island in Pilotwings Resort anyways? It's not necessarily saying that the Wuhu Island from this stage is taken from Wii Fit or whatever, but it's being taken from Resort, if that makes sense.

I know it was also in the Pilotwings game. But it originated in Wii Fit and/or Wii Sports Resort Which other then of course the Wii Fit Trainer already in the game with her own stage. The Miis can have a semi-home stage as well with Wuhu Island's presence in the Pilotwings stage.

I feel like it's basically in the 80%-90% chance that Miis are going to be playable. Though either way it's going to be a controversial addition or a surprise snub that would have it's fair amount of relief sighs in many places.

I could certainly see Miis become playable, but I'd still prefer if they weren't. I'll live with them if they get in, though.

Tailmon said:
I could certainly see Miis become playable, but I'd still prefer if they weren't. I'll live with them if they get in, though.
I'd love Miis to be playable! I would love to make Miis of people I hate and beat them up.

Back