• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Dracomon said:
Unless Ashley replaces Wario, but I don't see that happening.

Well I guess no one saw this coming. Still would've preferred a character from the Wario Land series, like Shokora, but this is cool too.
How can Ashely replace Wario? She's an assist trophy.

Oh. Only a assist trophy...must've missed that.

It's kinda funny how we got Ashley confirmed as an Assist Trophy before Wario's been confirmed as a character though. Kinda feels strange. xP

Like Yoshi, Wario's an obvious returnee. There's absolutely nothing standing in the way of him returning. Because unless it's just one of the characters in a different outfit (Dr. Mario), they are not going to shrink the Marioverse representatives whatsoever

And unlike Yoshi we don't know of a new game where he'll obviously be revealed when a game is released. He'll probably show up randomly like Marth did though to advertise Game & Wario unless a new Wario game is revealed at E3.

perhaps he could be shown for mario kart 8?

This is really amazing no doubt about it

Not just that, but Ashley being an Assist Trophy in itself is cool

Honestly, Wario not returning would be for terrible reasons.

And I disagree with those that say "Oh, but mario has 8 reps, blah blah".

Mario has 4. DK has 2. Yoshi and Wario both have 1.

Now Mario has 5, like in Melee, DK will probably have 2, maybe 3, Yoshi will be 1 Though baby bros would be cool, and Wario will most likely be 1.

There is no reason whatsoever to cut Wario. He's a character that didn't make the cut until Brawl, but he's in the same situation as Yoshi. His return does not need to be debated. It WILL happen.

(There's actually a few Miiverse comments on the Ashley picture of people who hate Wario enough to not want him in the game. And at least one person that thinks Ashley being an Assist Trophy means nothing about Wario and people who are thinking Wario's confirmed because of this are overreacting.)

I don't think Sakurai will cut any player that is solely representing their series.

I mean, that we be like them cutting Olimar; there goes all the Pikmin stuff as well. Or Captain Falcon.

The only one I could see them doing that with is ROB, but only because he wasn't really representing a series.

99% likely to be fake, but I still hope the actual character select screen to be like this, it looks very clean and colorful in contrast to Brawl's grey and soulless one.

9FAHuDB.jpg

Anna said:
I don't think Sakurai will cut any player that is solely representing their series.

I mean, that we be like them cutting Olimar; there goes all the Pikmin stuff as well. Or Captain Falcon.

The only one I could see them doing that with is ROB, but only because he wasn't really representing a series.

Does that extend to Snake as well you think? Or are you not counting 3rd parties in this equation? Because Snake got more representation overall then ROB did with himself, a stage, the codecs for each character, trophies, stickers, and also more music from Metal Gear then there is of Gyromite (Then again Gyromite probably doesn't have much of an extensive soundtrack anyway). All of that is gone if Snake can't return.

Xpike said:
99% likely to be fake, but I still hope the actual character select screen to be like this, it looks very clean and colorful in contrast to Brawl's grey and soulless one.

9FAHuDB.jpg

Must be fake, I swear I've seen that Yoshi artwork before. But still, that is a nice design.

Speaking of leaks, here's one that called Ashley as an Assist. Not sure how old it is or anything.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97175555&postcount=7701

Take it with a grain of salt.

We find out if that "leak" is closer to being true next month. If Diddy is solo then the leak's been disproven. Alot of the picks are a little too safe.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez said:
I doubt everyone from Brawl's returning.

Yeah but I assume most will. It's hard to find any more then three characters to cut for a solid reason. And Sakurai sure as hell is going to at least try to bring as much characters from the previous game back.

Hmm. That rumor is somewhat believable. I'll wait 'till the inevitable Diddy reveal in February to see if his predictions we'd correct.

Xpike said:

9FAHuDB.jpg
The roster makes it look like there would only be a total of 27 characters, unless the boxes shrink down once you exceed that amount.

But other than that, it looks really colorful.

What country/region do they refer Villager as Murabito, Mega Man as Rockman, Bowser as Koopa, and Rosalina and Luma as Rosetta and Ghino? It's probably from Japan, but why would the text be in English? Shouldn't it be in Japanese (katakana? i don't know the name please forgive me)? Also, it would be King Dedede and not just Dedede. It's obviously fake.

Pretty sure that the Character Select Screen is fake also because:

- There's no hands for each player

- It doesn't say "press Start to fight" or something along those lines.

Although I will say... the Yoshi and the Mewtwo Artworks look very interesting.
Why is the fake Ness Artwork not there though ;__;

Back