Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
No Paper Mario music other than the 3DS medley that doesn't have anything from the first and third installments. Meh.

Pic of the day. The Orbital Gate, which was shown in yesterday's post, looks like a space station, as you can see in this picture. There was also a pic of the day where the fighters are going through the center gate.

SSBUOrbitalGatePotD2.jpg

…By the way, this model is actually a trophy. Diorama style. The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I feel like the Wii U version is also lacking, can't put my finger on what.
For me the Wii U lacks in actually fun game modes. Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

To elaborate, Classic is too complicated and Smash Tour sucks. 3DS's versions are better.

Haven't tried Crazy Orders yet though.

Galaxy generator is in. Thank god, I was worried for sec.

Still disappointed that Destiny (Ablaze) or Asteroid Coaster (though the latter was unlikely anyway) didn't make it in.

Flareon said:
The only problem I have is Smash Tour but I'll get better. I can say though:

Smash Tour, destroying more friendships than Mario Party since 2014.
Smash Tour itself is a great idea, but there is one major problem:

The item balance is atrocious.

You may end up getting an item that is next to useless (i.e. the Boo) while your opponents get useful items (i.e. the Home-Run Bat).

OK I'm fucking pissed at Trophy Rush now. Over the past day or so I've spent far too much gold and played like ten matches or more while not getting a SINGLE trophy that wasn't a duplicate.

EDIT: I just won a record 38 trophies, none of them new. FFFUUUUUUU

EDIT 2: ....twice in a row.

Been a while since I last posted here, lol

Well, I do have a hold of a 3DS and the game for this week (borrowing it from a friend since Monday), and hell I'm already entering my first Sm4sh tourney on Saturday (Nov. 29th).

Know what the funny thing is though?
At first I thought I could've just signed up for the Wii U one and enter the tourney BLINDLY.
But then I find out both versions were linked (Pools are done on 3DS and Top 16 who make it to bracket play on Wii U) and so I'm like "Nooooooo I can't attend ;__;"
Then I find out my friend let me borrow his 3DS. And you have no idea how happy I was to hear that.

I'm enjoying the game, but I still really miss my Wolf and Lucas (they were some of my favorite match-ups). The 3DS controls are rather awkward (I had to switch my Shield and Grab buttons; mainly cause Grabbing is awkward) and kind of hurts my left hand after some time. I still main Ness and haven't really played anyone new... But I'll still aim to be a top Ness player. ;P

I also saw this video... Oh man I laughed way too hard.
^And 6:20 - 6:33... IT'S A SIGN THAT I'M NESS :p
Also 3:46 what the guy said made me laugh too much.

In regards to Ness himself, here's what I think.

- OH GOD WHY IS HIS DOWN AIR SO LAME AND AWKWARD NOW. Seriously, now spiking is hard with it (it's now actually based on position as opposed to timing) and the ending lag is icky.

- He can't magnet stall to slow his descent, and can't roll forward after absorbing something (they're both screwing with me badly). There's also kind of a delay with healing. However, it is nice that now he can absorb explosions (not all though). You also kind of slow down his momentum when you use it as you jump, but I'd much prefer the stall on his descent.

- Yo-Yos not hitting while charging SUCKS. It would've been nice especially considering how much more difficult it is to punish dodging and how often I see people dodge. X__x

- Slight nerf I noticed, but U-Tilt doesn't seem to have as much horizontal range. However it does have a bit more KO potential.

In terms of his buffs, I think it's actually moreso the new physics/mechanics that allow him to be better overall. Like now, PK Fire is a lot more difficult to escape and D-Throw helps him setup combos. In addition, he doesn't have to worry about being edgehogged anymore, so aiming PKT2 directly for the ledge is a much safer option.

But it is nice how he can do another PK Thunder once again (and only once again) if he rebounds off of the stage after launching himself (for some reason it doesn't seem to allow that on the left wall of a stage though). In addition, upon start up, his PKT actually goes through the opponent so you can't be a meatshield to it right away.

so remember how my father said that he didn't think i actually wanted this game

he decided he himself wanted the game.

so now i have it

Nabber said:
so remember how my father said that he didn't think i actually wanted this game

he decided he himself wanted the game.

so now i have it

what a twist

Timmy said:
Been a while since I last posted here, lol

Well, I do have a hold of a 3DS and the game for this week (borrowing it from a friend since Monday), and hell I'm already entering my first Sm4sh tourney on Saturday (Nov. 29th).

Know what the funny thing is though?
At first I thought I could've just signed up for the Wii U one and enter the tourney BLINDLY.
But then I find out both versions were linked (Pools are done on 3DS and Top 16 who make it to bracket play on Wii U) and so I'm like "Nooooooo I can't attend ;__;"
Then I find out my friend let me borrow his 3DS. And you have no idea how happy I was to hear that.

I'm enjoying the game, but I still really miss my Wolf and Lucas (they were some of my favorite match-ups). The 3DS controls are rather awkward (I had to switch my Shield and Grab buttons; mainly cause Grabbing is awkward) and kind of hurts my left hand after some time. I still main Ness and haven't really played anyone new... But I'll still aim to be a top Ness player. ;P

I also saw this video... Oh man I laughed way too hard.
^And 6:20 - 6:33... IT'S A SIGN THAT I'M NESS :p
Also 3:46 what the guy said made me laugh too much.

In regards to Ness himself, here's what I think.

- OH GOD WHY IS HIS DOWN AIR SO LAME AND AWKWARD NOW. Seriously, now spiking is hard with it (it's now actually based on position as opposed to timing) and the ending lag is icky.

- He can't magnet stall to slow his descent, and can't roll forward after absorbing something (they're both screwing with me badly). There's also kind of a delay with healing. However, it is nice that now he can absorb explosions (not all though). You also kind of slow down his momentum when you use it as you jump, but I'd much prefer the stall on his descent.

- Yo-Yos not hitting while charging SUCKS. It would've been nice especially considering how much more difficult it is to punish dodging and how often I see people dodge. X__x

- Slight nerf I noticed, but U-Tilt doesn't seem to have as much horizontal range. However it does have a bit more KO potential.

In terms of his buffs, I think it's actually moreso the new physics/mechanics that allow him to be better overall. Like now, PK Fire is a lot more difficult to escape and D-Throw helps him setup combos. In addition, he doesn't have to worry about being edgehogged anymore, so aiming PKT2 directly for the ledge is a much safer option.

But it is nice how he can do another PK Thunder once again (and only once again) if he rebounds off of the stage after launching himself (for some reason it doesn't seem to allow that on the left wall of a stage though). In addition, upon start up, his PKT actually goes through the opponent so you can't be a meatshield to it right away.

Wow, we have similar themes.

okay so i just played it and... is it just me, or do the controls seem to be messed up? something's going wrong. i was able to easily beat level 9 cpus on the 3ds version, but here i'm struggling to even get one ko in. all my moves seem to have some kind of lag

It's because the 3DS had an update that allows it to be better competition wise, while the Wii U doesn't have one yet.
Or I dunno.

My TV is desynced fron the Wii U, so control inputs take a very brief moment extra to register. You might have the same problem but to a larger extent. If you haven't already, try playing on the GamePad and see if it's better.

Back