Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Smasher said:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Anyone know the requirements for unlocking Bowser Jr.? I thought it was beat classic with Bowser but I did that twice and no Bowser Jr.

I heard you had to beat it on 7 intensity or higher.
Thanks, just unlocked him. Took me like three tries lol

Baby Luigi said:
These pictures make me angry.

DK got no new characters, despite having a massively successful reboot and a sequel, didn't even get a new stage in the 3DS version but instead got Jungle Japes reused for another time, has no stage at all conformed for the Wii U version, hardly gets any items and gets like two Smash Run enemies.

Meanwhile KI is a three game series that got two newcomers, one of which is extremely strong and unique, a ton of Smash Run enemies, several new items, and a brand new stage on both versions.

DCKR alone sold more than the entire Kid Icarus franchise.

actually that looks like it ripped directly from brawl

Smasher said:
Anyone know the requirements for unlocking Bowser Jr.? I thought it was beat classic with Bowser but I did that twice and no Bowser Jr.

Are there multiple ways to unlock characters like Melee and Brawl? I doubt I can handle Level 7. Back in Brawl, they best I could do was Level 5. :<

Baby Luigi said:
actually that looks like it ripped directly from brawl
There's differences. They're just discrete.

I agree with GP on this. Ridley may have been deserving, but the Metroid series is not that popular in Japan. However, the Donkey Kong series is probably the biggest below the big four and the Wii series.

Donatello said:
Smasher said:

Are there multiple ways to unlock characters like Melee and Brawl? I doubt I can handle Level 7. Back in Brawl, they best I could do was Level 5. :<
Yes, you can grind through VS matches to get every character again.

GalacticPetey said:

DK got no new characters, despite having a massively successful reboot and a sequel, didn't even get a new stage in the 3DS version but instead got Jungle Japes reused for another time, has no stage at all conformed for the Wii U version, hardly gets any items and gets like two Smash Run enemies.

Meanwhile KI is a three game series that got two newcomers, one of which is extremely strong and unique, a ton of Smash Run enemies, several new items, and a brand new stage on both versions.

yeah that's kinda sad

i was really hoping k rool would be playable

and no new stages either? what the --- is wrong with sakurai? i guess he wants to promote his baby while leaving something important like dk behind

GalacticPetey said:
*Butthurt is strong with this one*

I dunno, but this heavily deconfirms any chances Dixie Kong and K. Rool will have in this game. I don't understand why there should be another addition since DK got a new rep just this past game in Brawl.

Also, if any series should get a newcomer, it should be Yoshi or F-Zero. They've been in all 4 games and yet have not had a new series. The Yoshi series is even more deserving since it's still running with YNI and the new YWW coming, so it's not like it's gone into obscurity.

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

yeah that's kinda sad

and no new stages either? what the --- is wrong with sakurai? i guess he wants to promote his baby while leaving something important like dk behind
DK and Diddy also have their Brawl voices reused. Which I find to be somewhat of a crime.

Maᴙio said:
Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

yeah that's kinda sad

DK and Diddy also have their Brawl voices reused. Which I find to be somewhat of a crime.
What? Why? :'(

They couldn't record new voice clips but they could make 2 clones?

This is one of the reasons I hate Smash Bros. games

they consistently get the mario stuff wrong

Stargazing said:
Maᴙio said:
Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

yeah that's kinda sad

Yup, they also reused Mario, Bowser, and Luigi voices from Brawl as well. You know, the worst ones ever.

Brawl is the last game to look at when you're reusing voice clips for such a drastic art style change.

Do any developers know what the fuck "appropriate sound design" is?

I wanted Kenny James Bowser damnit

Kellam said:

Godtier. Beautiful, just beautiful.
This is too excellent to describe. 10/10

Maᴙio said:
Stargazing said:
Maᴙio said:
Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

yeah that's kinda sad

Yup, they also reused Mario, Bowser, and Luigi voices from Brawl as well. You know, the worst ones ever.

Brawl is the last game to look at when you're reusing voice clips for such a drastic art style change.

Do any of the Mario veterans have new voices?

Lumastar said:
Do any of the Mario veterans have new voices?
No. Only the *bleep*ty Brawl ones. Not sure about Peach, Yoshi, or Wario, but they aren't as god-awful as the other ones.

Maᴙio said:
Stargazing said:
Maᴙio said:
Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

yeah that's kinda sad

I remember laughing at Bowser's voice when I was 10.
i don't even know why it was rated T, i had no problems with it at all

Why reuse any voice clips from them at all? The changes are so drastic, they need different voice actors. Hell, they're still reusing Double Dash!! clips for Daisy. I mean, come on, really?

EDIT: 2 new replies calm down

Stargazing said:
Maᴙio said:
Stargazing said:
Maᴙio said:
Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

yeah that's kinda sad

Do any developers know what the *bleep* "appropriate sound design" is?
I remember laughing at Bowser's voice when I was 10.
i don't even know why it was rated T, i had no problems with it at all

Why reuse any voice clips from them at all? The changes are so drastic, they need different voice actors. Hell, they're still reusing Double Dash!! clips for Daisy. I mean, come on, really?

it was rated T because E10+ didn't exist

Stargazing said:

My brother said it's because of budget.

But is it so hard to reuse voices from any game that ISN'T Brawl!?

Brawl is a realistic gritty-type game, so I'd understand why Mario sounds so depressed while DK and Bowser sound like monsters. But Smash 4 is a whole 'nother type of boat, okay?

I really don't remember the voices really being all that bad or even noticeably odd. This is the first I've heard anyone even mentioning it, let alone putting it out like it's a sin. It can't be that bad.

Time Turner said:
I really don't remember the voices really being all that bad or even noticeably odd. This is the first I've heard anyone even mentioning it, let alone putting it out like it's a sin. It can't be that bad.
Believe me, I took it for granted too. Same thing for Mushroomy Kingdom.

But once you start making comparisons between Brawl and the material it's supposed to be representing, the *bleep* can't be dismissed.

Hell, just start playing Melee after a thorough playthrough of Brawl and I think you can notice the change in the energy of some Mario character voices.

honestly i think sound design is a reason a person can enjoy smash bros. people often overlook that fact.

Maᴙio said:
Time Turner said:
Believe me, I took it for granted too. Same thing for Mushroomy Kingdom.

But once you start making comparisons between Brawl and the material it's supposed to be representing, the shit can't be dismissed.
Could you actually show me a comparison?

holy shit
i just assembled some gun that was kinda like samus' final smash

AND THERES FUCKEN ZELDA CHICKENS IN THIS
DONT HIT THEM THEY KICK YOUR ASS

Back