• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
GalacticPetey said:
The only option for a Zelda newcomer at this point is Impa.

Better be the old one with pendulum hair.

I'd rather have Vaati, personally.

No real shot, though.

Smasher said:
I'd rather have Vaati, personally.

No real shot, though.
Same. I would like Impa if she has her Hyrule Warriors design, however.

Ghirahim was my number 1 pick but he got deconfirmed a couple of weeks back.

Maybe his Hyrule Warriors look will be revealed later (or just be in the game without mention) as an alt costume.

Cirdec said:
Ask Sakurai for being too lazy to fix Ganondorf, who will probably suck again.
He's not lazy. Sakurai likes the way he plays and keeps him that way because he doesn't want to lose that moveset.

GalacticPetey said:
ernesth100 said:
What the hell is so great about Melee? Sakurai designed all the games!
The fast fluid combat that allows for insane combos and fast paced intense fights.

Something Brawl lacks.
Please explain exactly how melee engine is faster than brawl and more fluid. Because they feel pretty much the smae if you ask me.

And even if Melee is faster so what? What differende does it make?

Melee has faster falling speed, more movement options, less reliance on shield, more aggressive gameplay, more hitstun that allows for combos. With Brawl, everything is slower an floatier. Movement options like wavedashing are gone, there is an over reliance on shielding which ends up rewarding defensive play and camping. The lack of hitstun makes combos and follow ups practically non-existent. Brawl also has awful balance which results in characters like Meta Knight and Ice Climbers which completely fuck with tier lists and matchups and also cause there to be very little variety in tourneys.

And it makes all the difference. I enjoy playing both games but Brawl is an absolute bore to watch at the competitive level while Melee is action packed and super hype. There's a reason why melee has a thriving esports scene while Brawl's is practically non-existent.

GalacticPetey said:
Melee has faster falling speed, more movement options, less reliance on shield, more aggressive gameplay, more hitstun that allows for combos. With Brawl, everything is slower an floatier. Movement options like wavedashing are gone, there is an over reliance on shielding which ends up rewarding defensive play and camping. The lack of hitstun makes combos and follow ups practically non-existent. Brawl also has awful balance which results in characters like Meta Knight and Ice Climbers which completely *bleep* with tier lists and matchups and also cause there to be very little variety in tourneys.

And it makes all the difference. I enjoy playing both games but Brawl is an absolute bore to watch at the competitive level while Melee is action packed and super hype. There's a reason why melee has a thriving esports scene while Brawl's is practically non-existent.
Good, I just wanted to see if you could make a valid point rather than some half assed answers other people give.

GalacticPetey said:
Melee has faster falling speed, more movement options, less reliance on shield, more aggressive gameplay, more hitstun that allows for combos. With Brawl, everything is slower an floatier. Movement options like wavedashing are gone, there is an over reliance on shielding which ends up rewarding defensive play and camping. The lack of hitstun makes combos and follow ups practically non-existent. Brawl also has awful balance which results in characters like Meta Knight and Ice Climbers which completely fuck with tier lists and matchups and also cause there to be very little variety in tourneys.

Brawl > 64 > Melee.

I could combo just fine in Brawl, I had no problem with the speed or anything. I think Melee fans need to get over the crap and start adapting instead of constantly whining about stuff over 10 years ago. Or stick to just Melee for all your life.

Melee fans are the equivalent to those bad Sonic fanboy types that always moan about how Sonic should be like he was in the 90s. Get over it.

DaKid said:
I could combo just fine in Brawl, I had no problem with the speed or anything. I think Melee fans need to get over the crap and start adapting instead of constantly whining about stuff over 10 years ago. Or stick to just Melee for all your life.

Melee fans are the equivalent to those bad Sonic fanboy types that always moan about how Sonic should be like he was in the 90s. Get over it.
Try doing this in Brawl.

But there was no need to remove the stuff that made Melee great. Sakurai wanted to appeal to the more casual crowd so he did things like slow the gameplay, take out several advanced techniques, and add bullshit like tripping. What Sakurai doesn't realize is that Melee appealed to everyone just fine. Why alienate the people who played Melee because it was a technical, fast paced game. Believe it or not, there are several players who don't even care about Nintendo but play Melee because they find the gameplay so much fun, not because they can make Mario fight Pikachu.

I don't need to do the same thing in Brawl as Melee. Not all fighting games you can do the same things as you could in another. And fyi, Smash was always a series that appealed to casuals. Period.

Melee is a good game, but competitively, it really not fun. All that spasmic dashing to the left and right, wavedashing and crap gets tiring fast. And woopidy-dang-do seven non-Nintendo fans.... like.... what point were you trying to make with that?

The fact of the matter is, Melee is Melee, Brawl is Brawl. Frankly I think Brawl and the Original are superior to Melee because Melee just didn't seem that polished to me and the gameplay doesn't feel as tight. Feels slippery actually. But you won't hear me constantly lament about that every time a new game comes out. Learn. Adapt. Succeed. If you just don't like the game, there's Melee.

Back