Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Rosalina does have pretty big fan base, although not as big as some, she got that fan base very quickly. I can't blame people for why they like her, though, she's the only Mario character with a real backstory.

Ninelevendo said:
Rosalina does have pretty big fan base, although not as big as some, she got that fan base very quickly. I can't blame people for why they like her, though, she's the only Mario character with a real backstory.
Admitting-ly, one which is unconnected with the rest of the Mario Franchise.

3D Player 2004 said:
Ninelevendo said:
Admitting-ly, one which is unconnected with the rest of the Mario Franchise.
If it's Rosalina you're talking about, I don't see what you mean.

Ninelevendo said:
There are many Mario characters with backstories.

Ninelevendo said:

More like a really powerful backstory, if anything.

I'd say I never really wanted Rosalina over Daisy because I never really considered either of them an option at the time.

So you can't really say that Rosalina was more requested because she really wasn't, until she was revealed.

If you all know what I mean.

Shy​ Guy said:
Cirdec said:
Martha's Sister said:
Mio Akiyama said:
Unless you wanted Honey Queen :yoshi:
too big

So is Ridley.
Don't open that can of worms.
Ridley is not too big. If he is in the game, he will likely be the size of Bowser (give or take a few inches). However, Honey Queen is too big.

Lumastar said:
Martha's Sister said:
Lumastar said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Cirdec said:
Martha's Sister said:
Mio Akiyama said:
too big

So is Ridley.
Ridley is not too big. If he is in the game, he will likely be the size of Bowser (give or take a few inches). However, Honey Queen is too big.
are you joking or not
I'm not joking.
then why are saying that she's too big when it's clearly been shown in MK that she can be shrunk

Martha's Sister said:
Lumastar said:
Martha's Sister said:
Lumastar said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Cirdec said:
Martha's Sister said:
Mio Akiyama said:
too big

So is Ridley.
are you joking or not
I'm not joking.
then why are saying that she's too big when it's clearly been shown in MK that she can be shrunk
Her size change in Mario Kart 7 was too dramatic. Ridley is much smaller and would not require such a downgrade.

her size change looked fine to me

though I guess this is just a matter of personal opinions so w/e

Lumastar said:
Martha's Sister said:

She looked OK, but it was still odd seeing her shrunk down so much.
I don't see how that justifies Ridley being three times bigger than Bowser in Brawl.

Ninelevendo said:
Lumastar said:
Martha's Sister said:

She looked OK, but it was still odd seeing her shrunk down so much.
I don't see how that justifies Ridley being three times bigger than Bowser in Brawl.
Still smaller than Honey Queen. Also, Ridley was that size because he was a boss. It has been proven that Ridley can fit in as a playable character at a smaller size.

GalacticPetey said:
Not BMB said:
Mio Akiyama said:
You have driven me to the point where I no longer want Ridley out of spite.
Always overdoing the "Ridley is in, and fuck the people that say he isn't"..
Yeah, because I totally say things like that.

Look, I'll admit Ridley could go either way. And yes, Ridley fans can be very bad. But Ridley haters can be equally as toxic. Generalizations will get you no where.

Ridley is a character I and a lot of other people really want in Smash. People have wanted him since Melee. You can't blame people for really wanting him,

That last part was mostly to the fanbase in general, not at you. Sorry for the confusion.

It's okay to want a character, but I mean, everything in moderation. Just because you obsess over it does NOT mean that Sakurai - who decided the roster a year ago - will do anything different about it. I don't mind the speculation as much as the "this for sure confirms him."

I mean, I would love Ridley in Smash and everything, and I would want him more if the fanbase didn't rub me in the wrong way.

GalacticPetey said:
I would have considered Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr. over Rosalina for a Mario rep. I guess they just wanted to rep the new games.

That being said, Rosalina has a very unique and interesting play style.

We're talking about Sakurai. The Sakurai that throws in surprise characters like Snake, ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosie, Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, etc. over other potential characters. While Toad, PM, and BJ make more sense in terms of appearance, Rosalina has made more of an impact on the Marioverse as of late. Her inclusion in so many of the games nowadays was a big indicator that she was possibly going to be on Smash (or at least it was to me). The Mario series really got lucky with such a unique and interesting character like Rosalina, and surprisingly, she's appearing in like every game as of late, unlike Bowser Jr. I could see Toad being a 6th rep, or even PM with the inclusion of a Paper Mario stage (which made my week). I never understood the hype for Bowser Jr. though because it doesn't really seem to fit. I mean, honestly, I think Daisy should get in before Bowser Jr.

Not BMB said:
GalacticPetey said:
I would have considered Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr. over Rosalina for a Mario rep. I guess they just wanted to rep the new games.

That being said, Rosalina has a very unique and interesting play style.

We're talking about Sakurai. The Sakurai that throws in surprise characters like Snake, ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosie, Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, etc. over other potential characters. While Toad, PM, and BJ make more sense in terms of appearance, Rosalina has made more of an impact on the Marioverse as of late. Her inclusion in so many of the games nowadays was a big indicator that she was possibly going to be on Smash (or at least it was to me). The Mario series really got lucky with such a unique and interesting character like Rosalina, and surprisingly, she's appearing in like every game as of late, unlike Bowser Jr. I could see Toad being a 6th rep, or even PM with the inclusion of a Paper Mario stage (which made my week). I never understood the hype for Bowser Jr. though because it doesn't really seem to fit. I mean, honestly, I think Daisy should get in before Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr. is the most likely second antagonist. Daisy is not going to represent the spin-offs before Waluigi and she has too much competition in the way of other protagonists that could potentially get in. I also don't see how Toad could get in now.

I don't get the whole Antagonist argument. I feel like that was what Brawl was for. I do feel like Sakurai does patterns in Smash.

SSB64 - Obvious new thing; add major series.
SSBM - Add new reps from major series and try to get as many in, meaning make clones.
SSBB - I felt like this one was add the villains of major series and less focus on the main series but more on the lesser known series.
SSB4 - More Female Reps and more focus on some of the series that haven't be introduced as characters yet.

That's just a theory.

Speaking of theories, a lot of people that played the E3 demo for Sm4sh said they saw Chunky Kong as an Assist Trophy. Does anyone know if that is true?

Back