• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Re: E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Wii Fit Trainer is the WTF WFT.

Just like Mr. Game & Watch and ROB

Joke characters are characters that simply suck.

Matt Foley said:
Wii Fit is an amazing series, and it has even saved a few lives.

You mean give them a motivation to get up right up their asses and stop sitting around all day (since sitting can kill you)?

Time Turner said:
Xpike said:
Anser said:
Every time I remember the Wii Fit Trainer is a confirmed character I feel the letdown I felt when I knew it was happening. What a shitty addition, really.
Wii Fit Trainer is from one of Nintendo's best selling new IPs and has an interesting moveset, so why is she dumb? Because you don't like Wii Fit?
Because she's taking up a space that should have gone to a character that Anser likes.

The thing is not a character, she was just a "something" put for people to have someone to follow in the game. She's being made into a character NOW. She doesn't even have a name. And the characters I like are already in the game, so your excuse is invalid.

Anser said:
Time Turner said:
Xpike said:
Anser said:
Every time I remember the Wii Fit Trainer is a confirmed character I feel the letdown I felt when I knew it was happening. What a shitty addition, really.
Wii Fit Trainer is from one of Nintendo's best selling new IPs and has an interesting moveset, so why is she dumb? Because you don't like Wii Fit?
Because she's taking up a space that should have gone to a character that Anser likes.

The thing is not a character, she was just a "something" put for people to have someone to follow in the game. She's being made into a character NOW. She doesn't even have a name. And the characters I like are already in the game, so your excuse is invalid.
So why deny a rep for a popular game?

Her name is Wii Fittrainer.

"Wii Fit Trainer" is as much as a name as "Pokemon Trainer" and "Mr. Game & Watch"

Anser said:
Time Turner said:
Xpike said:
Anser said:

You are being really adamant about this, and I cannot understand why.

Anser, stop being narrow minded and just deal with it.

Wii Fit Trainer really does deserve a spot in the game, and though it was highly unexpected doesn't mean it should be unwelcomed. I'm sure that a lot of Wii Fit fans are excited about this addition, and that her addition will not deter the quality of the game.

If it does make you feel less excited about the game, then you really need to lower your standards for a Smash Bros.' game.

So Olimar looks good. (even though i'll still probably be terrible with him this time around as well)

It's nice to know that we'll get characters revealed without having to wait for Nintendo Directs or some other special event.

ThreeThousand said:
So Olimar looks good.
I'm so happy this was confirmed. Still nervous about Ike though.

EDIT:

Also, it seems there is a new Pikmin stage. You can see Drake in the background, so I assume it's one of the new areas in Pikmin 3. Check out the images on smashbros.com.

I'm not surprised at all. Didn't think that there was much of a chance that he was going to be replaced by one of the new characters.

I also don't have a problem with it, though I'll probably be terrible at using him again.

Are there any trailers for him yet, all I've seen is the images, which look? But I'd quite like to see how he moves and his attacks, although they'll be probably be identical or similar to his Brawl moveset.

Yoshi876 said:
Are there any trailers for him yet, all I've seen is the images, which look? But I'd quite like to see how he moves and his attacks, although they'll be probably be identical or similar to his Brawl moveset.
Trailers are only for newcomers.

Hm, did anyone else notice Olimar only has 3 Pikmin with him at a time? I guess it's either because of the 3DS limitations, or to balance him out, but the former seems more likely. But if he can only have 3 Pikmin, I'm guessing all of his Pikmin attacks need to be improved, especially his Up-B. For now, looks like Wing/Rock Pikmin won't be in, and even if they were, with Olimar only able to have 3 Pikmin at a time, and if there were 7 types, looks like it'd just bring trouble. =P

cryoAwakening said:
I'm sure that a lot of Wii Fit fans are excited about this addition

cryoAwakening said:
>Wii Fit fans

Ogg7K5J.gif

Timmy said:
Hm, did anyone else notice Olimar only has 3 Pikmin with him at a time? I guess it's either because of the 3DS limitations, or to balance him out, but the former seems more likely. But if he can only have 3 Pikmin, I'm guessing all of his Pikmin attacks need to be improved, especially his Up-B. For now, looks like Wing/Rock Pikmin won't be in, and even if they were, with Olimar only able to have 3 Pikmin at a time, and if there were 7 types, looks like it'd just bring trouble. =P
Olimar always starts with 3 Pikmin.

By the way a picture of a robot in the pikmin stage is up. I'm not sure if its a hazard or a background thing. I don't know if that's an enemy in the game or something that is on the characters ship.

daily(3).jpg

edit: this is the s.s drake from pikmin 3

also: olimar was revealed due to pikmin 3's launch in japan, so maybe when games for certain characters come out, they'll be revealed

I just had a look. Maybe it's his up special? I thought the balloon fighter jumps were that though.

Still looks cool.

qNp3yi8.jpg

if you ask me, it's his forward tilt

Ooh new 3DS stage. Can't tell what it's from, though.

looks good

ThreeThousand said:
Ooh new 3DS stage. Can't tell what it's from, though.

looks good

Kid Icarus Uprising. I think it's from the Dark Gaol mission (The Second chapter I believe) or
the area that gets fucked up by Viridi's Reset Bomb.

Back