• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
3D Player 2004 said:
From what I've heard in Gamefaqs, the Japanese would love to see Captain Falcon cut, although everywhere else, he is immensely popular.

That's coming from the same people who just said "Meh" when Little Mac was confirmed.

A Frank Clone said:
DaKid said:
Captain Falcon is arguably the most popular character in Smash Bros.
I don't think Cap is quite as popular as Mario, Pikachu, or Link.
Like someone said, he's very popular elsewhere. He literally is the reason for most memes from Smash Bros. spawning from his moveset, his taunts, and just things he says in general.

Okay, several things I wanted to post about.

First off, this one guy did an extensive analysis on Sakurai teasing Ridley. There's some relatively uncalled for vulgar language and I don't necessarily agree with everything he (or she, but I doubt it) has to say, but it's definitely worth a look.

2ij2nNy.jpg

Second, for those of you still upset about Pac-Man, keep in mind that Shigeru Miyamoto (who's on record for saying Pac-Man is his favorite video game character) requested that he be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/03/miyamoto-requested-pac-man-in-smash-bros-brawl/

Sure, Masahiro Sakurai said, at the time, he couldn't see him really fitting as a playable character, thinking solely in terms of Pac-Man's "pie with a piece missing" form then, but then again, this is a good example of how Sakurai's opinions change over time, like what he said about the Villager from Animal Crossing, Miis, and even Ridley. Sakurai even noted that this is why he prefers to keep his mouth shut about things.

Third, here's a GameXplain discussion video with web animator Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi and his experience with the 3DS version of the game:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/05/kraid-bonkers-kremlings-and-more-will-apparently-appear-as-boss-characters-in-smash-bros-run/

In it, among other things, Kirbopher mentions that a Nintendo rep told him there will be boss encounters, including ones with Kraid from the Metroid series, and a "Kremling" boss. That sounds pretty dang awesome, and even more of a reason to be excited for the 3DS version!

Lastly, nothing news-related, but here's an article showing off some awesome artwork of all the playable characters so far:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/22894/article/super-smash-bros-4-meet-all-the-competitors-so-far/

Fun stuff, I must say! :)

I have no say on Ridley's inclusion because I know what I say will be wrong.

Guys guys guys. I just had a crazy idea.

So Nintendo is sponsoring EVO this year. This is just me geeking out here, but what if Captain Falcon was revealed AT EVO? I mean, Falcon is incredibly popular in the Smash community and is someone who would definitely be played at the tournament.

Again, probably won't happen, but it's a nice dream

Falco, Jigglypuff, or Ice Climbers could work too, but Falcon is much more hype.

GalacticPetey said:

So Nintendo is sponsoring EVO this year. This is just me geeking out here, but what if Captain Falcon was revealed AT EVO? I mean, Falcon is incredibly popular in the Smash community and is someone who would definitely be played at the tournament.

Falco, Jigglypuff, or Ice Climbers could work too, but Falcon is much more hype.
Let's just hope he's been rebuffed.

Guysguysguysguys

As we all know, Nintendo typically has a Nintendo Direct every two months. That would mean the next one is in August. Guess what game celebrates its anniversary in August. Metroid. This Nintendo Direct would also be the last one before the Japanese release of the 3DS version. I feel they would need something big for the final direct.

Catching my drift yet?

Watch I'm catching is overhyped speculation.

I wouldn't be surprised though if some sort of Metroid-related announcement was made.

To be honest though, whether or not Ridley is playable, I don't see Sakurai dropping that announcement until the game is out. Like, it seems like something that would be better waited to get fans to want the game to see if Ridley is in it or not.

GalacticPetey said:
Guess what game celebrates its anniversary in August. Metroid. This Nintendo Direct would also be the last one before the Japanese release of the 3DS version. I feel they would need something big for the final direct.

Considering that Nintendo didn't even bother with Metroid's 25th anniversary, what makes you think they'll care now?

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:
Guess what game celebrates its anniversary in August. Metroid. This Nintendo Direct would also be the last one before the Japanese release of the 3DS version. I feel they would need something big for the final direct.

Considering that Nintendo didn't even bother with Metroid's 25th anniversary, what makes you think they'll care now?
They didn't bother with it because it was also The Legend of Zelda's 25th anniversary.

Lumastar said:
They didn't bother with it because it was also The Legend of Zelda's 25th anniversary.

That's not an excuse to blatantly ignore Metroid.

GalacticPetey said:

Nintendo is now a sponsor for EVO 2014, so maybe they will reveal a veteran there. Don't expect a newcomer, though.

SSB4_-_Palutena_Up_Smash.jpg

Pic of the day. I talked about an attack with a far reach in yesterday's post, but it didn't compare to Palutena's up smash attack! No joke, it reaches really far. It reached so far in this shot that even the rocketbarrels got blown up.
SSB4_-_Palutena_Heavenly_Light.jpg

That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!
Sakurai has finally started to talk about Palutena after E3 2014!

Also, this is the 300th post. Congratulations, Sakurai! You have survived for over a year!

Cirdec said:
That up smash seems so overpowered...
The explosion is from Diddy Kong's rocketbarrels. The attack might actually be quite weak. Then again we know how much Sakurai loves to overpower his characters.*

* While Palutena debuted in the original Kid Icarus, Sakurai was the one who gave her her personality, her modern appearance, and her powers.

Back