• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Lumastar said:
Cirdec said:
That up smash seems so overpowered...
The explosion is from Diddy Kong's rocketbarrels. The attack might actually be quite weak. Then again we know how much Sakurai loves to overpower his characters.*

* While Palutena debuted in the original Kid Icarus, Sakurai was the one who gave her her personality, her modern appearance, and her powers.

But the range of the move is so high, unless the power sucks, the attack is overpowered.

we've only seen a little bit of this character, how can we call her overpowered already?

Not BMB said:
Well, Sakurai said it doesn't make opponents flinch, so it probably won't be op.
that was the Heavenly Light, her Usmash definitely makes opponents flinch. You can briefly see both in her reveal trailer at around 1:53 and 1:59

After looking at some footage and reading some threads, I've seen that Bowser looks fucking awesome this time around. He's much faster, his down-b is a meteor smash that can brake full shields, his up-b has much more vertical height and apparently has super armor, a couple aerials auto cancel, and his back-air does 20%.

We may finally get a Bowser that's not low-tier. Praise Sakurai.

GalacticPetey said:
After looking at some footage and reading some threads, I've seen that Bowser looks fucking awesome this time around. He's much faster, his down-b is a meteor smash that can brake full shields, his up-b has much more vertical height and apparently has super armor, a couple aerials auto cancel, and his back-air does 20%.

We may finally get a Bowser that's not low-tier. Praise Sakurai.
I'm glad that we finally get to control a Bowser that has competitive use. I still hope that Marth's not as bad as some people have said, though.

Marth has been nerfed, but not as drastically as Fox. Marth is going to be different, that's for sure. The additional lag on his forward air is gonna make him a very grounded character. He may be mid-tier, but I don't expect him to be awful. I love playing as Marth so I'll probably play him often, but not as aerial focused as I used to.

Greninja is looking very appealing. I may look in to him. Sheik too.

GalacticPetey said:
Marth has been nerfed, but not as drastically as Fox. Marth is going to be different, that's for sure. The additional lag on his forward air is gonna make him a very grounded character. He may be mid-tier, but I don't expect him to be awful. I love playing as Marth so I'll probably play him often, but not as aerial focused as I used to.

Greninja is looking very appealing. I may look in to him. Sheik too.
If Marth's only major nerf is his air game then I'm good. I have heard complaints about a weaker Marth overall, but as long as he receives some fair buffs it shouldn't be a problem.

As for the two ninjas I look forward to trying both of them out.

Captain GBAToad said:
Not BMB said:
Well, Sakurai said it doesn't make opponents flinch, so it probably won't be op.
that was the Heavenly Light, her Usmash definitely makes opponents flinch. You can briefly see both in her reveal trailer at around 1:53 and 1:59
Sakurai said this though...

That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!
I still say it's gonna be quite an annoying anti-aerial move though.

Heavenly light is the no flinch attack. It's one of her 12 options for a special move. The blue move in the pic on the website is her up smash which does cause enemies to flinch.

zlCfzSJKETs7hQ0D8j

Pic of the day. Just like in the original game, the Dark Emperor can cause status changes based on a fighter's color. Red types generally get powered up. On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet.

I know it was obvious since quite a while this wouldn't be tourney legal, but damn, this gimmick. I don't know what to think of it.

As if the 3DS version was going to be played at tournaments anyway, if there is Smash 4 tournaments. Unfortunately, most of the Melee fans won't be happy until Melee 2.0 is released.

I'm a Melee fan and I don't want Melee 2.0. Quit making stupid generalizations. Only a very vocal minority wants Melee 2.0. Besides, we have Melee 2.0. It's called Project M.

3DS will have a competitive scene regardless of what happens. There will be people will at least try to make it work. Plus we already know 3DS Stages also have Final Destination versions of Stages if need be. It's just more likely that the Wii U one will be more widespread because of course that's the big game in the long-run.

If there are tourneys that allow Custom Movesets however. The 3DS might be essential in making it so not too much time is wasted on people customizing their characters the way they want them on the Wii U version.

Northern Verve said:
3DS will have a competitive scene regardless of what happens. There will be people will at least try to make it work. Plus we already know 3DS Stages also have Final Destination versions of Stages if need be. It's just more likely that the Wii U one will be more widespread because of course that's the big game in the long-run.

If there are tourneys that allow Custom Movesets however. The 3DS might be essential in making it so not too much time is wasted on people customizing their characters the way they want them on the Wii U version.
I didn't say that the 3DS version will be uncompetitive. You do bring up a good point about custom movesets, though.

This reminds me, I do hope there is room for Custom Moveset tourneys as well and co-exist peacefully with Tournaments that rely more on the default setting. The game would be so much deeper on the competitive level potentially because of it. Cause not every person who has the same main may have the same exact moves along with style. It's possible already to have different styles to play characters on the default. Just imagine what could be done with learning how to play as other combinations of every fighter. So much replay value and character matchups suddenly get alot deeper.

Northern Verve said:
This reminds me, I do hope there is room for Custom Moveset tourneys as well and co-exist peacefully with Tournaments that rely more on the default setting. The game would be so much deeper on the competitive level potentially because of it. Cause not every person who has the same main may have the same exact moves along with style. It's possible already to have different styles to play characters on the default. Just imagine what could be done with learning how to play as other combinations of every fighter. So much replay value and character matchups suddenly get alot deeper.
I agree with this.

I wonder if tournaments will just study the most balanced pools of custom moves that will create as even of a metagame as possible and make those movessets official.

I think it's too early to debate whether custom moves will be legal or not. It will depend on how powerful the moves are. There's also the issue of people setting up their custom moves. It may take too long for everyone to go in and customize their characters. It may end up being more trouble than it's worth.

Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

GalacticPetey said:
I think it's too early to debate whether custom moves will be legal or not. It will depend on how powerful the moves are. There's also the issue of people setting up their custom moves. It may take too long for everyone to go in and customize their characters. It may end up being more trouble than it's worth.

Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

Regarding the issue of time. There's always if the person has the 3DS version they can transfer their customized character(/s) to the Wii U version. But this would be something exclusive to those who bought both versions. Not everyone may want both.

Back