Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
That's actually Sakurai's bonus picture. The real pic of the day is him upper cutting Mega Man. Speaking of which,

ynUngSa.png

I guess they link together, because that caption says how he's good on ground. So I guess it's highlighting Little Mac's strengths and weaknesses for today.

I hope all the swordsmen return. Meta Knight, Ike, and Marth. Link was already confirmed.

I also hope kirby gets more abilities like megaman.

They should incorperate a special move list for this so characters can have more than one special.

Once again they shouldnt cut anyone. They should keep and add as many characters as they can. Make a big roster so you have alot of character choices.

GalacticPetey said:
Ike is in danger of being cut though.
I disagree.

I actually think he has a great chance of coming back.

I mean, are people forgetting Radiant Dawn? He's still quite relevant and Smash usually focuses on generations before.

Plus Chrom too would be ideal.

People don't realize that Fire Emblem has around the same number of games as a series like Zelda, so having three characters is totally plausible.

Thing is though, I can't see there being three fire emblem reps, especially with Sakurai saying the roster won't grow much from Brawl. Unless of course, Chrom doesn't show up. In that case, Ike would probably be back.

GalacticPetey said:
[...]Sakurai saying the roster won't grow much from Brawl[...]

When did Sakurai actually explicitly say this? Granted I'm not expecting the absolute blast of newcomers we got from Brawl, as about 10-12 is pretty much the maxinum and we already have 5 of those confirmed. But I don't remember Sakurai saying anything about the roster size compared to Brawl.

The more I think about it, the more I'd rather have Robin as the new Fire Emblem character. He/she would bring more to the table than "just another swordsman."

or owain but that would never happen

He doesn't specifically say it.

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

Take that as you will.

GalacticPetey said:
He doesn't specifically say it.

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

Take that as you will.

Yeah that's quote vague enough that we really don't know what it means. The worst-case scenario you can take it is partly what you said plus a big number of cuts from Brawl. But there's also the best-case scenario comes from Sakurai's 2nd sentence in that they're trying to include as many characters as possible. It doesn't mean that they'll be able to get in every character they want before the game is released. But it's reassuring enough that Sakurai cares enough to try to maintain many characters while still going for a decent balance. After SSB4 after all, making Smash Roster's bigger then whatever this roster's size will be (I assume it will be at least somewhat bigger then Brawl's.) and maintaining the same type of balance that the previous games held will be nearly impossible and/or take forever to actually make.

GalacticPetey said:
I think that even of there are cuts, there would only be three or four.

That I agree with. Ever since Toon Link, Sonic, and Lucario's reveal. I think we'll be seeing less cuts then there were in the transition from Melee to Brawl.

At the moment, those with the greatest risk are Snake, Lucas, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, and R.O.B. The only one that I definitely see getting cut is Snake. Not entirely sue about the rest.

Three'kay said:
The more I think about it, the more I'd rather have Robin as the new Fire Emblem character. He/she would bring more to the table than "just another swordsman."

or owain but that would never happen
It'd be cool, but the whole "avatar" thing I'm not really sure would work.

Tharja or Soren though would be cool too (not that it's very likely)

and my dream is still to see a pegasus knight in there but that is probably never happening

GalacticPetey said:
That's actually Sakurai's bonus picture. The real pic of the day is him upper cutting Mega Man. Speaking of which,

ynUngSa.png
Gosh, Mega Man's head is huge... Also, he's smaller then Little Mac!

Funny picture, BTW.

and my dream is still to see a pegasus knight in there but that is probably never happening

well theres always a hope of the 3 pegasus sisters triangle attack as an assist trophy.

Back