VOTE: SM64 vs SM64DS

we must put this issue to rest

• Total voters

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
:mario:

Re: SM64 vs SM64DS

SM64DS.

Considerably better graphics, lots of new features, and (rare for sequels) actually harder than the original. And for people complaining about the controls, the 3DS fixes them.

it was kind of nice having a portable sm64 but the controls were bitch and graphics weren't all that better from what I remember

that said I did enjoy the new bosses and levels, although I wish they would've left the old one's stars alone

Characters were kind of a gimmick and not too useful

Minigames were kinda dumb

But really, I dont think it needed a remake

I didn't really like either of them.

I prefer Super Mario 64. However, unlike a lot of people, I had no problem with the DS controls, and I thought it was nice to have a portable version of the game.

The people have spoken, SM64 has 4 votes to DS' 2.

Super Mario 64 is once and for all the vastly superior game and mario ds is a sack o shit

qed

Mr. Game & Watch said:
And for people complaining about the controls, the 3DS fixes them.
Not necessarily. The controls feel pretty sluggish while playing with the circle pad.

Anyway, as much as I loved the original, I voted for 64DS, because of all the extra features and everything.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:

Now SM64DS has 9 and SM64 has 7...

Baby Luigi said:
Christian Brutal Sniper said:

Now SM64DS has 9 and SM64 has 7...

i forgot to mention that the opinion of anyone who thinks sm64ds is better than sm64 is worth nothing so the tally is actually at 8-0 in favor of sm64

I'm sorry you think like that when opinion is not in your favor

EDIT: Also, why bother making a poll if you know what the results are if no one else's opinion matters?

Baby Luigi said:
EDIT: Also, why bother making a poll if you know what the results are if no one else's opinion matters?

to prove my point, of course

Gundam Tanaka said:
Having little experience with either game, why exactly is 64DS hated?

The only reason I can think of is controls, and even then it's not that bad in my opinion (which apparently doesn't matter).

Oh, and I'm not going to forget nostalgia

Baby Luigi said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Having little experience with either game, why exactly is 64DS hated?
Oh, and I'm not going to forget nostalgia
if they like nostalgia, they should play the original game instead of messing around on a port of the game almost ten years later

and if they have the original, there's no need for the port

ergo

Dozla said:
and if they have the original, there's no need for the port
You'd have a point if the game was a straight port of the original, with no new content whatsoever.

SM64, I love BLJ'ing in there, and at least the Controls aren't as fucked up as SM64DS.
However, I also like the Mini-Games in SM64DS, but why bothering? They're in NSMB as well!

BKSmash said:
Super Mario 64 by a mile!

See, this guy registered just so he could tell you guys how much better SM64 is

and he's not even my sockpuppet

Super Mario 64 aged horribly. The physics were awful (wall-jumping is a pain in the baloney). Mario looks so much better. Luigi and Wario are playable, and they didn't feel "gimmicky". I don't see why people complain about Super Mario 64 DS's controls. I didn't like the control pad, but at least the physics are so much better. It's also fun to play on the 3DS. The run button sucks, though.

Also, Mario doesn't sound like a dork.

To bad we (still) have no Like Button at MarioBoards, Garlic deserved one now!

LOL. He makes flawless arguments.

La Marionette said:
Super Mario 64 aged horribly.

A5A3wkT.gif

The physics were awful (wall-jumping is a pain in the baloney).

mj-laughing.gif

Mario looks so much better. Luigi and Wario are playable, and they didn't feel "gimmicky".

Tz4Hm3s.gif

I don't see why people complain about Super Mario 64 DS's controls.

rECk2rv.gif

but at least the physics are so much better.

iWq2s0WfLpL5h.gif

It's also fun to play

i6xYPCD3f8SCN.gif

Also, Mario doesn't sound like a dork.

F24C05A.gif

Beautiful.
sarcastic.gif
Try make a more clever attempt at mocking me, though. My half-asssed opinions deserve more smiting.

Back