VOTE: SM64 vs SM64DS

we must put this issue to rest

• Total voters
La Marionette said:
Beautiful.
sarcastic.gif
Try make a more clever attempt at mocking me, though. My half-asssed opinions deserve more smiting.

But isn't posting a bunch of random animated gifs clever enough?

Yes, it's pure brilliance when it comes to providing a structured counter-argument backed with legit rebuttals, valid sources, unbiased and objective writing, and qualifying statements, but I'd like to see some creativity.

La Marionette said:
Beautiful.
sarcastic.gif
Try make a more clever attempt at mocking me, though. My half-asssed opinions deserve more smiting.

GKz70.jpg

Baby Luigi said:
But isn't posting a bunch of random animated gifs clever enough?

Jvd6HW9.gif

sarcastic_baby_mario_clapping_by_babyluigionfire-d65mp1j.gif

Baby Luigi said:

Please abstain from making posts that only contain an irrelevant gif that does not contribute to the discussion at hand. This is not mindless junk.

X

Strike one

it contains baby mario clapping so therefore your argument is rendered invalid

EDIT: also if this was Mindless Junk, the post would have been even more inane and idiotic

I've played both extensively and I can honestly say that super mario 64 is just better because of it's simplistic mario gameplay. DS on the other had was full of gimmicks that I was never really sold on, having to switch characters in order to smash a certain block or jump up on an otherwise unreachable ledge was a poor idea. I like both games alot, but the n64 version is superior in my opinion for controls, simplicity and classic Mario action.

The gameplay and the physics are just infinitely better in the original. It's fun to just run around and do tricks and wallkicks and do freeruns through levels, even speedrun it. SM64DS feels sluggish and the only thing I get from playing that with it's awful controls and pixellated graphics is frustration

I hope you're just joking, Garlic.

sorry to disappoint you then

i like the original better because the way the new characters in ds were implemented felt really halfassed to me

Not always, Long Jumping towards a wall will always result you into failing to perform a Wall Jump, in the DS Version.
In the 64 Version, you can Long Jump towards a wall, and directly Wall Jump from it.

Plus there are some gliches that you can't exploit in the ds version. Such as the infinite stairway glitch, and I'm not sure if you can do the bunny rabit through the door glitch either.

While I love the orginal I liked the DS version more because of the extra features and fact you can be Luigi and Wario.

Back