'Shroom Spotlight

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Some of you may know the 'Shroom Spotlight project, but for those who don't, I'll quickly explain what it is.

This project was created a couple of years ago as a way to collaborate to the wiki, focusing on improving some specific articles over the course of a month. However, some time ago, the project fell into inactivity. It was until some weeks ago that it was proposed we revamped the project, and revamp it we will.

Over the course of the next week, you will be seeing changes in this project, the first one being the introduction of a new manager, YoshiKong . We are confident YoshiKong is the best man for this job, and it will be great to collaborate with him to return this project to the spotlight (sorry, couldn't resist).

Without further ado, I want to welcome and congratulate YoshiKong, and to tell you to stay tuned for further updates on the project.

Why thank you, Tucayo!

Yes folks, we want to bring back 'Shroom Spotlight as a monthly 'Shroom section, with some changes to how it was managed in the past. From now on, users don't need to sign up to participate in the project. And unlike in the past, game articles may not always be our focus. We may pick any type of article; character, game, a level, item, and more! Occasionally, we might highlight a wanted page or an article which needs more images. The first Spotlight section will be seen Issue LXXIII, which is set to be released on April 20th. If you are interested in helping out, please assist in improving the article that will be put forward.

Feel free to use this thread for feedback on the project. And suggestions for an article which 'Shroom Spotlight could focus on in a future issue are welcome!

Sure is! Throughout the month, we're aiming to fix up some of the problems that the article currently has. Some of the main things that need to be taken care of are:
  • The opening paragraph is a bit short
  • The story section needs to be summarized, as it's a bit lengthy Done!
  • Fill the empty sections, as per policy Done!
Good luck everyone! We'll review our progress on the article in the next 'Shroom issue.

Also, as you may have noticed, this thread is now placed in the "Wiki Collaborations" forum board. We figured that the Spotlight project was better placed alongside other wiki activities.

A new edition has been released!

This month, we are focusing on a wider range of articles, one from each improvement category. The list is as follows:
If you feel that you could help out with any of these articles, you are more than welcome to contribute! If anyone has any questions, suggestions or feedback on 'Shroom Spotlight, feel free to post a comment here.

The Goombario article doesn't have a Trivia section anymore, thanks to several contributors.

I rewrote the Super Mario Galaxy subsection of the Gearmo's article, but I'm not sure I did a good job. I will rewrite the rest of the article sooner or later, unless somebody will have done it before.

As for the images of the Beanbean Kingdom article, here are links of the M&L:SS gallery and the Images category if that can help somebody.

The Gearmo article looks fine now. However, I have a question: do you think the "In the Korean version, they talk in a North Korean accent." sentence should stay? I haven't played the Korean version of the game, but it would seem logical that they speak korean, thus with an korean accent.

Nice work! I just rewrote the article further and fixed a few mistakes here and there.

As for the trivia, I agree that it's quite iffy. It has been removed, and the "Manner of speaking" section was only left with one point, so it has been merged with the "Characteristics and traits" section.

I haven't played the Korean version of the game, but it would seem logical that they speak korean, thus with an korean accent.

North and South Korea are separate countries, and besides, regional accents are a common thing. It could be more detailled, but I don't see anything wrong with the statement in itself.

Glowsquid said:
North and South Korea are separate countries, and besides, regional accents are a common thing. It could be more detailled, but I don't see anything wrong with the statement in itself.
Fair enough: I restored it.

So the point of the sentence was that even in the South Korean version, they had a North Korean accent? Got it.

If not, we might as well add "In the german version, they have a german accent" in every article :p

Good thing I managed to do a little work on the gearmo, some flowery stuff is gone (I like them) :)

If I can make a suggestion quite a lot of articles pertaining to levels in the Yoshi games are stubs. A Shroom Spotlight on those could help decrease the stub list by a sizable amount.

Yoshi876 said:
If I can make a suggestion quite a lot of articles pertaining to levels in the Yoshi games are stubs. A Shroom Spotlight on those could help decrease the stub list by a sizable amount.
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! Due to inconsistent activity on my behalf throughout the month, we weren't able to host a Spotlight in July's issue, but we'll be sure to have a group of the Yoshi series level articles as a focus in August's issue.

Squawks the Parrot said:
Yoshi876 said:
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! Due to inconsistent activity on my behalf throughout the month, we weren't able to host a Spotlight in July's issue, but we'll be sure to have a group of the Yoshi series level articles as a focus in August's issue.
You're not able to submit the Spotlight now?

Megadardery said:
Another Idea would be the Mario & Wario game.. it is really lacking in information.
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll consider that.

And also, a new edition has been released! (The 'Shroom:Issue LXXVII/The 'Shroom Spotlight) This month around, we have taken a suggestion from one of our readers to focus on various Yoshi's Island DS levels.

Al right looks good.

Expanding on what I said about Mario & Wario.. The level need to be created. It must be first expanded to include the layout, how can this level be completed, max number of coins can be gathered and the objects found in the level.. Even if those were small (I don't mean with 'small', 2 lines) I mean like 4 lines or something like that.. Those wouldn't counted as stubs, am I right?

Stubs are only articles that lack information, rather than just being small articles

Back