How desperate is Bowser?

To be honest I think all the characters on the Mario games need
to get deeper into the characters pasts and how they came to be.
Anyone agree?

Mario games and characters in them were never really "deep",and they most likely never will be.

Eh, we don't need deeper stories for them. I think they are fine the way they are

Baby Luigi said:
Eh, we don't need deeper stories for them. I think they are fine the way they are

pretty much, background is always nice but otherwise, no.

Mario series isn't story based, while spm may convince some it is, it was never very deep and pretty much remained goofy forever.

i dont need story elements in mario games, i need good gameplay elements.

Since we're on the topic of Bowser,
I've seen clips of fan games that people have made
on Youtube.

MCS said:
Bubble Man said:
Isn't the reason because Princess Peach is the only one who can reverse Bowser's "Turn All the Toads Into Bricks" curse?

Wait, what?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Bros.#Story

Baby Luigi said:
MCS said:
Bubble Man said:
Isn't the reason because Princess Peach is the only one who can reverse Bowser's "Turn All the Toads Into Bricks" curse?

Wait, what?

...Really?

I...never knew that. That's one interesting plot, and it shows that Bowser wasn't kidnapping Peach just for the hell of it in the first game.

MCS said:
Baby Luigi said:
MCS said:
Bubble Man said:

Wait, what?

...Really?

I...never knew that. That's one interesting plot, and it shows that Bowser wasn't kidnapping Peach just for the hell of it in the first game.
It also shows that Mario wasn't smashing Blocks for the hell of it.

Undeground_jump.jpg

The real question is what happens to all the smashed up block pieces once Peach lifts the curse...

MCS said:
And unrelated, but I want to figure out how the hell Bowser has been able to reincarnate himself after Mario's been kicking his ass for nearly 30 years now. Sure, the same case goes for Mario, but that's because he's the character you're controlling, and in most games, respawning exists, so that makes sense, at least.
Magic.

Also, just because 30 years pass IRL doesn't mean 30 years pass in the Mushroom World. I mean, Mario & co. haven't aged at all, Bowser Jr. hasn't aged, the Koopalings are still juveniles, etc. Pretty much the only aging you see are the skips from Babies to adults, Donkey Kong Sr. becoming Cranky Kong, Tiny Kong growing up, and Wrinkly Kong dying.

You can make the timeline work, but all the Super Mario games and spin-offs and whatnot need to be compressed into a few years, and set a few years after the classic DK games, with the Yoshi stuff obviously coming way before that. (Also, if you interpret DKCR's cranky as being the original DKC DK, that needs to be set way after all the other games - which can also explain why the Kremlings are long gone, but I digress.)

Yeah Bowser is dying to take over the mushroom kingdom without a doubt.

BTW when I said desperate I also meant how desperate for love as well.

BowsersGirl said:
BTW when I said desperate I also meant how desperate for love as well.
I agree that's he's desperate for that.

It's like reverse Stolkholm Syndrome: he started out kidnapping Peach to keep her from undoing his black magic, as bait to lure in Mario and kill him, or other such villainous angles. But despite how he always kidnapped her, she still showed him kindness, like inviting him to go Kart racing and whatnot, and that left an impression, which led to a crush and an obsession and a new reason to kidnap her all the time.

I wouldn't mind if he kidnapped me. ;)
I would first join to be one of his minions, have him get to know
me and wait what happens from there.

Despite that Bowser hates Mario, we know that the activities between Bowser, Peach and Mario already become daily regular convention. It's hard to think that Bowser loves Peach to death and can only kill Mario to win Peach's heart.

Mario series is something like miniseries, not those RPG series where one of the main characters must sacrifice in certain title.

BowsersGirl said:
I wouldn't mind if he kidnapped me. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=T5hooO64dQc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DT5hooO64dQc&gl=GB[/youtube]

He's a turtle! I'M a turtle! Porple's a turtle! Who's the turtle? The turtle? Or the turtle who follows the turtle?

...ok nevermind

i dont really blame him, peach is pretty awesome and pretty too, i'd probably kidnap her as well.

I think the reason Bowser wants to control everything is not just for power.
But to be noticed and loved by others. And like I said, If I was in the games I'd would
wanna be kidnapped by him to show he doesn't need PEach and that
there is someone out there for everyone :3

No offense, but that kinda sounds like the plot of a Mary Sue fan fiction I once read. Just replace Bowser with Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

I've always wondered how Peach always gets kidnapped. I mean like in M&L: Bowser's Inside Story she easily flings him out from her castle by using some sort of telepathic powers. And she has the ability to float and undo Bowser's turn-toads-into-blocks spell... I think Peach is hiding something from us...

PrincessOfPeaches said:
I've always wondered how Peach always gets kidnapped. I mean like in M&L: Bowser's Inside Story she easily flings him out from her castle by usingsome sort of telepathic powers. And she has the ability to float and undo Bowser's turning-toads-into-blocks spell... I think Peach is hiding something from us...

She's probably wanting to be "oh poor me!" and maybe wants to appear she plays a major role. Maybe she WANTS Mario to go on an adventure

PrincessOfPeaches said:
I mean like in M&L: Bowser's Inside Story she easily flings him out from her castle by using some sort of telepathic powers.
I don't think she would have been able to do that if it weren't for Starlow.

Back