How desperate is Bowser?

BowsersGirl

Koopa Troopa
Has anyone else besides me wondered?
We all known he's in love with Peach and all, but what if he ended up
finding someone prettier then her and etc?
Think the Mario Universe would collapse?

No, I just think Peach would stop getting kidnapped

I'm almost certain it's about power. Bowser wants to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, so he decides to show them his power. Unfortunately, every time he does assert his power, Mario comes along and decides to defeat him.

he already met someone prettier? *glances over at rosalina*

In paper mario, bowser has a diary where he writes about how much he loves peach

The End said:
I'm almost certain it's about power. Bowser wants to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, so he decides to show them his power. Unfortunately, every time he does assert his power, Mario comes along and decides to defeat him.

Yeah, but I mean, after doing this kidnapping business for 28 years now, only to be defeated (and somehow reincarnated) each and every attempt, wouldn't he get bored and give up at some point? I mean, talk about desperation there. Any logical being would have stopped kidnapping her long ago.

In fact, Nintendo needs to introduce a new Mario villain besides Bowser and his Koopalings. Seriously. It's just starting to get increasingly old as each game gets released

MCS said:
The End said:

Yeah, but I mean, after doing this kidnapping business for 28 years now, only to be defeated (and somehow reincarnated) each and every attempt, wouldn't he get bored and give up at some point? I mean, talk about desperation there. Any logical being would have stopped kidnapping her long ago.

In fact, Nintendo needs to introduce a new Mario villain besides Bowser and his Koopalings. It's starting to get increasingly old as each game gets released

I highly doubt bowser is logical. Whatever reason possesses him to kidnap peach, be it power or love, he would learn to give up and go after other stuff if he had any logic whatsoever. Ergo, bowser cannot be logical.

The End said:
I highly doubt bowser is logical. Whatever reason possesses him to kidnap peach, be it power or love, he would learn to give up and go after other stuff if he had any logic whatsoever. Ergo, bowser cannot be logical.

Another great example of Nintendo logic. That is very true.

But after getting his ass kicked for 30 years, Nintendo really does need a new final boss/main villain besides Bowser. Sure, when the Koopalings were re-introduced back in NSMBW, it was cool, but it's gotten kinda bland now. The Reznors? Those were a sorry excuse for a boss fight. Boom Boom and Pom Pom were alright, definitely better than the other ones I listed, at least, but meh.

And unrelated, but I want to figure out how the hell Bowser has been able to reincarnate himself after Mario's been kicking his ass for nearly 30 years now. Sure, the same case goes for Mario, but that's because he's the character you're controlling, and in most games, respawning exists, so that makes sense, at least.

MCS said:
In fact, Nintendo needs to introduce a new Mario villain besides Bowser and his Koopalings. Seriously. It's just starting to get increasingly old as each game gets released
Plenty of new villains have been introduced throughout the series. It's just that Nintendo refuses to use them again, since every villain but Bowser is apparently considered expendable in their eyes.

Solar Blaze said:
Plenty of new villains have been introduced throughout the series. It's just that Nintendo refuses to use them again, since every villain but Bowser is apparently considered expendable in their eyes.

True, but in just about every Mario game, Bowser is the final boss. It would be nice to see a different final boss for a change one of these days.

I'd also like to see a game where bowser is the main playable character in place of Mario. It would be cool to see some sort of action game with him as the main character, just to give him a little more depth.

The End said:
I'd also like to see a game where bowser is the main playable character in place of Mario. It would be cool to see some sort of action game with him as the main character, just to give him a little more depth.

I'm rooting for any major character in place of the usual suspects, Mario and Luigi

Apart from the obvious side series with Yoshi and Donkey kong, which apparently count as a sub series, I'm pretty sure that Peach is the only main character who got her own game in the Mario series, which sucks.

even fangames have done better justice for bowser than nintendo has(hello paper bowser world), you'd think they'd give him his own game by now considering how many people like him.

I have a feeling that Nintendo see things like this, where fans pretty much beg for a bowser related game, but they won't act, because they don't care. They know that people still want to play Mario games, and let's face it, Nintendo could shut down, and still have enough money to provide for the rest of their lives.

The End said:
I have a feeling that Nintendo see things like this, where fans pretty much beg for a bowser related game, but they won't act, because they don't care. They know that people still want to play Mario games, and let's face it, Nintendo could shut down, and still have enough money to provide for the rest of their lives.

but they made a game for peach, which people pretty much begged for like, ever.

so im not sure why bowser cant see the same light of day.

I find it very sad that Nintendo is becoming too much extrinsic and commercialized instead of creative as they were back then. I know they need balance because they're a business, but why can't Nintendo just be a little less about the money (they're huge anyway) and focus on some, you know, soul in their Mario games.

I am so glad you all agree with me! :D
BTW Bowser is the #1 VG bad guy on Guiness Book of World Records this year too :D

Because greed exists, and all the DS's in the world couldn't print enough money to eliminate greed.

Now you know why people make rom hacks to have Bowser become the star.
It seems to be the only way Bowser can have his own game.
Talk about heartbreaking :'(

I do agree it would be neat to have a game with Bowser as the central character, as it could possibly provide a backstory of Bowser, or maybe even an insight of why he captures Peach all the time. It would indeed provide some depth and would work great as a spinoff.

MCS said:
I do agree it would be neat to have a game with Bowser as the central character, as it could possibly provide a backstory of Bowser, or maybe even an insight of why he captures Peach all the time. It would indeed provide some depth and would work great as a spinoff.
Isn't the reason because Princess Peach is the only one who can reverse Bowser's "Turn All the Toads Into Bricks" curse?

Bubble Man said:
MCS said:
Isn't the reason because Princess Peach is the only one who can reverse Bowser's "Turn All the Toads Into Bricks" curse?

That's one of them

The other is that he's in love with her

BowsersGirl said:
BTW Bowser is the #1 VG bad guy on Guiness Book of World Records this year too :D
Oh, God. This just further proves my point on how overrated he is as a villain.

Back