Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
This is a thread that BabyLuigiOnFire posts some fanart on, whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I post on profile updates...sometimes here...idk I'm inconsistent as heck. I do have a deviantart account, but I've stopped using it a while back primarily because I don't really like the new UI changes that got made to it.

Last edited:
Re: BabyLuigiOnFire's Chicken Scratch (aka Drawings and Other Things of Things)

That Blue Shell one is awesome.
thumbup.gif

If you ever see a user on deviantART commenting who's known by "xXTeamKagamineXx", that's me.

Btw, first image is broken.

No it isn't... it takes a long time to load though.

Added two more

double_bogey_before_you_know_it_so_shut_up_by_babyluigionfire-d5x46e8.png
simple_acid_scene_by_babyluigionfire-d5x47ng.png

Sorry for long loading time. :[

I think the second one is my favorite out of all of them.

Love the Mario Party one with Toadette and Baby Luigi. :P

Very nice.

Love the comments guys! I appreciate them very much!

Added more!

casual_danger_by_babyluigionfire-d5x7i90.png
wario_shocked_baby_luigi_annoyed_by_babyluigionfire-d5x7j2d.png
baby_luigi_riders_by_babyluigionfire-d5x7jj2.png
great_minds_think_alike_by_babyluigionfire-d5x7k08.png
baby_daisy_by_babyluigionfire-d5x7lre.png

These are really good! I am also on deviantart with the name YoshiGo99. I was too lazy to come up with a better name though :/ Sadly I can't add you as a friend at the moment since I am using an iPod which limits u to do certain things on Deviantart.

Thanks for the watching! I'll post more pictures on my account BTW

My account is UltraMario3000.

Just friended you. ;)

BTW, added more artwork for you lazy fools. Here are my favorites I have submitted as of now and the last time I posted submissions:

babies__by_babyluigionfire-d5xba4g.png
toadette_gone_overdrive_by_babyluigionfire-d5xee3r.png

And of course, my contest entry that won second place in this forum! Impressive, huh? Well not really, but I'll show it here again anyway.

the_magic_school_bus__a_day_at_the_races_by_babyluigionfire-d5xb7xk.png

Magic School Bus <3

Thanks for the comments guys! I devoted a lot of my time making sure it looks great. I'm still proud of it to its day.

Made this BTW

toadette_gone_overdrive_by_babyluigionfire-d5xee3r.png

Pace of uploading has slowed, but it will not stop

O bozhe what a huge bump but I wanted to bump this rather than make another art thread.
scbECZP.gif

OC6irfx.png

These is a sprite sheet for my user sprites. It's been a while since I last worked in it but I thought I did a fairly good job on it. Everything technically is drawn from scratch, with help using my OC character's 3D model, including the head (the front view uses a similar configuration to the M&L Baby Luigi sprite but that's pretty much the only thing that sprite takes inspiration from. The style used is specifically Bowser's Inside Story, and the recolors are supposed to be my Baby Luigi OC's (the green one isn't, he's just Baby Luigi in armor), but's rather outdated because they all have a unique design now.

As for how their animations actually look? I think I did a good job myself. I took notes from Toad's walk cycle from BiS and I'm pleased with the results.

77F6pme.gif
aHFgpUX.gif
ewxwXiu.gif
Av1CPGG.gif
p5bHamG.gif

However, this brings to why I'm posting here.

AwfZe5e.gif

This is an idle sprite for one of Baby Luigi OCs (the yellow one, the one in my avatar and sig). I'm planning to make a MUGEN fighter out of him (maybe this time I'll be committed, I adore him) hence the fighty pose. I've pretty much just completed that, as his sprite is fairly complex and large. I do made a 3D model out of him (entirely custom of course, not even an edit of Baby Luigi's model), so his head will always be on model with his model I have. My first fully textured, rigged custom Baby Luigi model is now putting into good use.

DilDBpbU8AAPyIF.jpg:large

(Player BabyLuigiOnFire has killed an Infected Link)

So yeah. Funny thing that my first art hobbies involving game assets is spriting, which I eventually forked over in favor of 3D modeling and now I'm back to it, though I think 3D models really help with the 360 angle sprites, and I doubt I'm the only spriter who takes advantage of that.

Re: BabyLuigiOnFire's Chicken Scratch (current projects: spriting garbage, 3D trash)

So posting progress on my future MUGEN fighter....

(yes the sprite sheet is a bit of a mess right now but organization is not a priority at this point)

eZlHz0Y.png

What's done:
Idle
Walk
Walk backward (guarding)
Block (when hit)
Sprint
Jump
Jump forward
Jump backward (arms may need a redraw)
Crouch
Crouch guard and guard while hit

What needs to be done (in terms of basic required sprites, no specials or hypers or anything)
Turning around
Punches (light, mid, strong)
Kicks (light, mid, strong)
Crouch Punches
Crouch Kicks
Jump Punches
Jump Kicks
Throws
Get Hit (dead too)
Intro...?
Win
Portraits
Lose

Specials and hypers would come much, much later. Though I did draw up what he'd look like if he's using a hyper, based up his armor I designed for him from Spore: Galactic Adventures

yMHUBRU.png

Re: BabyLuigiOnFire's Chicken Scratch (current projects: spriting garbage, 3D trash)

unknown.png

Anyone who has GTA V and want to be a police officer and catch criminals and other role-play stuff, go download LSPDFR and Albo's mods, they're really awesome and amazing and add a new experience to the game.

Me making this model to role-play properly is just how much I love and appreciate LSPDFR.

Now the model is in the game, works pretty perfectly as far as I played with her. Probably the most featured model I worked on, having badge options, the little speakers, short/long sleeves, and sunglasses (for maximum coolness, even if it's night time and you can't see anything)

qycCTBg.jpg

Jt2DHV3.jpg

QbiLlPu.jpg

kM4PEsi.png

One of my first experiences for using a more complicated render method for Garry's Mod, inspired by LeftyGreenMario's works. I like the quality of it more than the previous one, and it shows you how much realistic environments can be used for higher quality renders, cartoony or not (cartoony stuff to look good even requires artists to have a good understand realism in the first place so yeah).

Pic is a bit dark admittedly, should probably crank up the light, and I've taken inspiration from the Living Cave from Devil May Cry for the environment, which kinda explains the...interior look. My character's weaponry should have also emit their own light too, actually, so light could reflect off them, didn't realize that until well after the pic is done.

Was fun making this, will try again in the future!

Why are Red Baby Luigi's eyes different? They look rounder and his eyebrows are more curved.

It's not just him that has different physical features that I decided to introduce for more variation. The purple one on the right has pencil-thin eyes and brows, the blue one has a smaller nose and a fatter face, while the white one's eyes are closer together and has a smaller model. The one with yellow swords has a unique face model that I made also with a longer neck and a more angled jaw.

I see. I thought they may have also been different, but it was harder to tell for them than for the red one.

Back