Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
yeah man i basically only have ant man left to watch then im all ready for this shit

so i just found out that along with Nick Fury, we'll be seeing the return of Agent Coulson, Korath the Pursuer, AND Ronan the Accuser in Captain Marvel

obviously since it's set in the 90's, there's a chance for a shitload of characters to make their returns in pre-death cameos, so looking forward to this one to see what they do with it

my bet's on Ben Mendelsohn's character being the exact same character as Krennic from Rogue One, who reports in to Ronan and Korath, who are pretty much the Vader and Tarkin of this universe. Coulson's the Obi-Wan.

I hope they throw Agents of Shield fans a bone and include Agent May or something.

I will say, AoS deals heavily with the Kree. They'd be fools not to acknowledge it by setting up the Guest House program from the show.

so premiered last night and i looked up the plot

spoilers: thanos is in it

but what about Hawkeye

i actually freaked the fuck out for a second there, i saw vommack with the bold caps and i just threw my hands up to cover my eyes

thank god you were just messing around but i had a heart attack just seeing that

i'm going to see this on friday, can't wait, it's apparently a spectacle and one of the most mind-fucking films in the MCU, apparently even more so than Doctor Strange

But...you're Thanos. Shouldn't you already know you were in it?

Just got back from Infinity War. There's a lot to process here but I can safely say that Marvel absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Nabber said:
can't believe they killed off gamora, the one character no one likes
People must not have seen Guardians 2, because her relationship with Nebula is some of the best stuff in that movie.

Captain America said:
Nabber said:
People must not have seen Guardians 2, because her relationship with Nebula is some of the best stuff in that movie.
i agree, it's just that she's very notably written differently from the other guardians in that she doesn't have any jokes and is kind of the boring guardian

this is a problem I've had with her for a while

Nabber said:
Captain America said:
Nabber said:
i agree, it's just that she's very notably written differently from the other guardians in that she doesn't have any jokes and is kind of the boring guardian

this is a problem I've had with her for a while
It's moreso that she's the straightman ito the comedic antics of the others. I like her contrast to Peter.

I just came back from the cinema after watching Infinity War.

So, as I understand, Thanos wants the infinity stones to destroy the world, and the Avengers want to stop him,but he ends up getting all infinity stones and makes everyone disappear.(which pretty much kinda made me worried). Buuuuuuuuuut, the movie will be getting a sequel someday. I mean, in the end, it says "Thanos will return". Just hope it arrives early.

Tennis Toad said:

So, as I understand, Thanos wants the infinity stones to destroy the world, and the Avengers want to stop him,but he ends up getting all infinity stones and makes everyone disappear.(which pretty much kinda made me worried). Buuuuuuuuuut, the movie will be getting a sequel someday. I mean, in the end, it says "Thanos will return". Just hope it arrives early.

Thanos didn't want to destroy the world. He wanted to return the balance to the universe. By eliminating half of all life he's trying to ensure that there are enough resources for those that remain. He's an extremist with good intentions.

Rocket Raccoon said:
Tennis Toad said:

Thanos didn't want to destroy the world. He wanted to return the balance to the universe. By eliminating half of all life he's trying to ensure that there are enough resources for those that remain. He's an extremist with good intentions.

But apparently, these intentions include killing off billions of people. Anyway, according to some article I read, the cast for Avengers 4 includes almost all characters from this movie, plus a few. Only exceptions are Heimdall and Vision. But some other article says that Infinity war stands alone as a movie.

It’s impossible for them to make half of our beloved Marvel heroes disappear, so they will have to do something in Avengers 4...

jesus christ this movie

the part about cumberbatch being the only one whos read the entire script makes a whole lot of sense now

its a good thing there was a post-credits scene because i definitely needed a moment to collect myself

Thanos said:
Here's a question for y'all

Which Avengers do you think are gonna die and which ones survive?

Spoiler for spoilers cause we don't want shit ending up spoiled if they're correct, do we?

My first bet's on either Cap or Stark, and whichever one dies, the other must live

I'm leaning towards Cap dying, as we see an older Stark in the Avengers 4 pictures

I reckon Vision's gotta die, having the Mind Stone ripped out of his head has at least gotta weaken him to a breaking point

Thor's a bit of a 50/50 imo, on one hand he's more or less served his purpose to the series, but on the other there's no doubt he'd be a pretty sick survivor, as the king of Asgard's people (if Asgard's people still exists of course)

Also an addendum to that guess - if Korg dies we riot

Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther and Starlord are pretty much confirmed to survive until at least phase 4, I could include Black Widow but her future film could very well be set in the past, sorta like Captain Marvel

I don't know how on EARTH Hulk is gonna be killed off, since he's pretty much invincible, so I'm guessing he'll survive until at least next movie, 'course Mr "Snap my fingers and kill everyone" might have something to say about that so I dunno

I'm confident that Nebula will die, based on what we see from the trailers and the fact that she has a blind vendetta to kill Thanos, no doubt she'll get in waaaaaay over her head and get killed by Thanos early on

Hawk-eye - I don't know whether they're saving his larger role until next movie, but I think he'll get killed off early on, which is why we don't see much from him in the trailers

There's something in the back of my mind telling me that Drax is gonna kick it, I really hope not, but it looks like it could happen, for reasons similar to Nebula's

Rocket and Groot will survive, I'm confident about that, they wouldn't kill off Rocket because of the comedies, and Groot's already died once so killing him off again is kinda like shitting into the wind at this rate

Mantis won't die, they've introduced her too late to kill her off now

Gamora, I don't think she'll die, she's one of Thanos' children but she's got the common sense to stay out of his way, then again it could be a good send off for her

Collector's dead, he's got the Reality Stone, those sneak previews are suggesting he's gonna die before he gives up the stone

Loki will likely side with Thanos for the beginning part, but will put himself before Thor to save Thanos' life, so I think Loki's going to die

Falcon I reckon will survive, and will be around after Cap's eventual death to take up the mantle (since Bucky's taking up the White Wolf mantle)

With that, Bucky will most likely survive too, however I think there's a chance he could die saving Cap's life or vice versa, it's about 60/40 on Bucky surviving

Rhodey's looking a little worse for wear, I'm worried about him, and I think he might die in battle, relates back to his Civil War quote "Every single one of those flights could've been my last, but I flew 'em."

No doubt Shuri will survive, for Okoye I'm not too certain, seems like she would also die for her country, it could be a fitting death for her character

I honestly think that Heimdall has/is the Soul Stone, his character has been around for that long, and I think he's going to die

Wong I don't know, it seems like he has a small enough role that his character could die, but then again he could give so much more to the franchise, so 50/50 on his end

Everyone else is a 50/50 as well imo, but only because I don't know enough about there roles in the story to make a judgement just yet
God damn was my dead pool wrong.

The only four that I got correct were Vision, Drax, Loki and Heimdall

Also I just REALLY want to draw attention to this bit:

Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther and Starlord are pretty much confirmed to survive

boi

everybody i said was going to survive here either kicked the bucket or wasn't in the movie at all

Back