New Super Luigi U

So from what I've seen New Super Luigi U is also getting a release as a full game as well. Can anyone confirm this?

YoshiKong said:
It's going to be a separate game! Here's the box art.

Box_-_New_Super_Luigi_U.png

Full box artwork if anyone cared:

Illustrationartwork_NSLU.png

Gundam Tanaka said:
NSY said:
A separate game, sold for full price hmm

Nintendo, are you *bleep*ing serious, that's not even funny, I had enough of the *bleep*ing New Super Mario Bros series, having another one is just ridiculous, I want to see another 3D Mario game and we get this, it's *bleep*ing stupid, I mean, I wouldn't mind it being sold for 1/4 of the price, but this is just pure laziness, I want NSMBU but not this, does it have to be the same game. Okay New Super Mario Bros 2 was okay even though it was too similar and Mario bros U actually looks worthwhile and good but really Nintendo.

I mean this is the first time I am really angry at Nintendo, I managed to stay fine for NSMB2 (which wasn't too bad by the way) and DKCR2 but this is just stupid and lazy.

I'm sure Nabber will agree with me totally here.
I don't really see the problem. Considering this price is only for those who don't want to buy this as DLC, it's a pretty good deal.
Dude....seriously....dat gif......

Sonicyay2 said:
Dude....seriously....dat gif......

And....what does this have to do with the topic in any way at all

But anyway, New Super Luigi U will come with Pro Controller Support, along with New Super Mario Bros. U, thanks to a patch

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/new_super_mario_bros_u_update_arriving_with_luigis_dlc

Should have been there in the very beginning, but meh, I'm happy Nintendo realizes that it was a BS decision they made.

I'm glad that gave the option to buy the DLC stand alone. A) For people who didn't want the regular game but want the more challenging one & B) So I can get a cool green box version that can help fill up my Wii U shelf.

It started as DLC but I assume they made a stand alone version for the people who don't use the eShop or don't have the Internet for downloading game add-ons. I think it's a smart choice.

Also, the stand-alone version doesn't require New Super Mario Bros. U to work.

Seems boring just like NSMBU, not something I ever plan on getting. I do find it cool Nabbit is playable in this though, he's not someone I imagined playable in any game. The boxart is also nice I suppose, but I think most would be dowloading it as DLC instead.

I have a feeling there will still be a large ammount of people buying the boxed version.

>People who like to collect the boxes for their videogames
>People who don't have good enough internet to download 1.5 Gigabytes without trouble
>People who did not want the original, but this one instead because apparently it's more difficult than NSMBU

I actually found NSMBU kind of difficult since I'm really not that great at platformers.

Crackin355 said:
I'm glad that gave the option to buy the DLC stand alone. A) For people who didn't want the regular game but want the more challenging one & B) So I can get a cool green box version that can help fill up my Wii U shelf.
The major thing I'm curious about is:
a, Can those who buy New Super Luigic video play as Mario by using DLC in the same way?
b, Can Nintendo make other expandations (not another NSMB sequel) in the same way?

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
The major thing I'm curious about is:
a, Can those who buy New Super Luigic video play as Mario by using DLC in the same way?
b, Can Nintendo make other expandations (not another NSMB sequel) in the same way?

A) I'm pretty sure they said that Mario is not appearing in New Super Luigi U, DLC or Seperate Disc.
B) Not sure, this is pretty much an overhaul of all the games levels with tweaks to the characters (sliding, floaty jump) and the same map so it feels justified IMO that they can get away with selling it as a seperate game. If it was minor like a few new levels or something, then I think they would probably keep it as DLC only.

The problem is that the levels are shorter, due to the significantly lowered time limit. I really wouldn't want to see this game sold at full price (I heard it was gonna be cheaper, though)

If you get it as DLC, it's $19.99, and if you get the physical version, it's $29.99.

Why the extra ten dollars? Is it for the fact you can play it online and that it requires physical material to be created?

My guess it's that plus the fact the physical one doesn't need NSMBU in order to be played.

Why did I say "online" in my previous post? -_-;

My guess is because it costs more to produce packaging.

Well it's about thirty dollars cheaper at its most expensive than NSMBU so I guess it won't be really a full game with much changes.

King Antasma said:
100 bucks Giant Bowser is the final boss.

Dude I don't think they'll be changing that from New Super Mario Bros. U

Well Bowser kidnapped Peach again in the trailer, so it's sure Bowser will be the final boss.

Cirdec said:
Well Bowser kidnapped Peach again in the trailer, so it's sure Bowser will be the final boss.
Though it's not the first time, Princess Daisy seems to be more unnecessary to Miyamoto. At least it's less persuasive to be an independant Luigi title.

For the boss, generally I can't come up with a new one since it's still a NSMB title. Maybe in another 3D game.

Back