New Super Luigi U

Sonicyay2

Monty Mole
Some New Super Mario Bros. U DLC was just announced in this Nintendo Direct called New Super Luigi U.
First off, surprise surprise, Mario is NOT present in this mode, Luigi only. This makes me wonder how Multiplayer will work. 4 Luigi's like LM2? Or 1 Luigi and 3 toads?
Second off, it will have different levels to the main game, surprise surprise.
That's all we know now.
Discuss.

Technically, that's a NSMBU thread. This is a NSLU thread :3

What kind of logic is this that only Luigi is present in this mode? Luigi was still there when the game is called "New Super Mario U". If anything, Luigi should be the required character to play as, not the ONLY character.

Baby Luigi said:
What kind of logic is this that only Luigi is present in this mode? Luigi was still there when the game is called "New Super Mario U". If anything, Luigi should be the required character to play as, not the ONLY character.
Year of Luigi, buddy.
Yeeear of Luuuiiiigggiiii.

Sonicyay2 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Year of Luigi, buddy.
Yeeear of Luuuiiiigggiiii.

I still don't get the obvious, yet pathetic misnomer.

Because Luigi is the only playable character apparently, I am not wasting my money on this. Unless the level design is good enough to tip the decision in favor of buying this, but it would take seriously good level design to make me even consider paying for any DLC in the first place.

then don't pay for the dlc? nintendo is not forcing you to spend money and download it, there is no point in complaining about it

Good and reasonably priced DLC (preferably free DLC) will certainly improve the longevity of the game, which is why I hope that Nintendo will make impressive and memorable level design, but the restriction of playing as only Luigi is baffling. I think it would be better for Nintendo if the levels were Luigi-themed. I mean, you should have the option to play as any character you want. Making it Luigi-themed not only addresses the playable character issue, but fits in the so-called "Year of Luigi" theme that is going on right now.

Well, LGM would be pretty sad playing as Luigi. Mario for her is like Baby Luigi for me.

you can only play as mario in the main story, so i don't understand why it's baffling for them to have an only-luigi restriction especially when, with the few details we have right now, mario may well be the second player character

How would it be fun if all of the maps and every level were Luigi themed. That's incredibly boring. Luigi going off on his own adventure in a different string of maps (difficult ones, as the previews show) actually make is seem like Luigi has some dependence and is capable of functioning apart from Mario. Due to that, I fail to see why having only Luigi is a viable complaint. In addition, I also don't see strong logic behind demanding 'impressive and memorable level design' from the DLC. My opinion is that if you thought the base game had fun enough levels to purchase and play that, there should be no reason for you to even think that the Luigi DLC level designs will not be just as good.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, LGM would be pretty sad playing as Luigi. Mario for her is like Baby Luigi for me.
tell her to get over it...

it seems to me that some people are just butthurt that the dlc isn't a godly gift of the universe.

Teruteru Hanamura said:
you can only play as mario in the main story, so i don't understand why it's baffling for them to have an only-luigi restriction especially when, with the few details we have right now, mario may well be the second player character

Then that's a stupid decision on Nintendo's part. If anything, all characters should be a choice at this point of time, especially if all characters play the same.

Mahiru Koizumi said:
How would it be fun if all of the maps and every level were Luigi themed. That's incredibly boring. Luigi going off on his own adventure in a different string of maps (difficult ones, as the previews show) actually make is seem like Luigi has some dependence and is capable of functioning apart from Mario. Due to that, I fail to see why having only Luigi is a viable complaint. In addition, I also don't see strong logic behind demanding 'impressive and memorable level design' from the DLC. My opinion is that if you thought the base game had fun enough levels to purchase and play that, there should be no reason for you to even think that the Luigi DLC level designs will not be just as good.

The first statement is a clearly subjective statement. Personally, I think a Luigi-themed world would be very creative and fun. Think about it: you stomp on Green Goombas wearing Luigi hats. Koopa Troopas that dress like Luigi. Luigi heads are used as platforms

Maybe my idea is a little bit overdoing the whole Luigi thing, but it's certainly a break from the cookie-cutter world map themes we keep getting in every New Super Mario Bros. game.

I dunno from the whole DLC thing. New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't a particularly impressive game. The DLC? Wasn't that great for what it's worth. I just have a hunch that game developers will just be abusing DLC to get some cash.

Mega Morg said:
Baby Luigi said:
tell her to get over it...

Yup, she's the one who says, "MARIO NEEDS MORE FAN ATTENTION WAAAAAAHHHH!" when I know many other characters who has yet to appear in the main Mario series.

Samus Aran said:
it seems to me that some people are just butthurt that the dlc isn't a godly gift of the universe.

Using exaggerations like that won't strengthen your stance.

seems pretty true to me, you're getting upset/butthurt/bent out of shape because it doesnt make you the happiest person ever due to a dlc release, hell you're whining about something that is entirely optional and just there for the heck of it.

So quite frankly, my point is pretty true.

Also funfact: dlc is a method to mostly get cash while giving some players something else to do.

Hardly any dlc is ever free and when it is, it sucks.

You're clearly exaggerating again. When did I ever say that this DLC exists and I am so depressed about it that I want to slit my wrists? How can this in any way make me the "happiest person ever", if if it did met my expectations?

Sometimes, games don't last long enough to get much enjoyment. What else can you do in New Super Mario Bros. U after you beat everything? Having DLC will surely increase the longevity of the game. This? Not sure if it cuts it or not.

Basically, you're just jumping to conclusions. I even explicitly stated that I MIGHT consider it if the levels turn out excellent, and excellent by MY standards, not yours.

Baby Luigi said:
You're clearly exaggerating again. When did I ever say that this DLC exists and I am so depressed about it that I want to slit my wrists? How can this in any way make me the "happiest person ever", if if it did met my expectations?

Sometimes, games don't last long enough to get much enjoyment. What else can you do in New Super Mario Bros. U after you beat everything? Having DLC will surely increase the longevity of the game. This? Not sure if it cuts it or not.

Basically, you're just jumping to conclusions. I even explicitly stated that I MIGHT consider it if the levels turn out excellent, and excellent by MY standards, not yours.

perhaps but you seem pretty negative about it, since hardly anything has been revealed and if memory serves you even think it'll just be some massive cash-in with nothing to offer.

Samus Aran said:
perhaps but you seem pretty negative about it, since hardly anything has been revealed and if memory serves you even think it'll just be some massive cash-in with nothing to offer.

Well due to past experience on how Nintendo handled their DLC, I think that's why I'm pretty sour about it.

Back